Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jason Rumney
Forum: London Transport January 4th 04, 10:46 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Jason Rumney
Unique pedestrian crossing in Burnt Oak

(Aidan Stanger) writes:

There are hundreds of them already in London - it's just that most of
them aren't marked as such and don't have a distinctive audible warning
Forum: London Transport December 12th 03, 10:37 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Jason Rumney
Paratransit Speed

Access Systems writes:

"if you build it we will come"

Do you have any statistics to back that up, say usage statistics for
the Jubilee line between Westminster and Stratford...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 03, 12:55 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Jason Rumney
Fares for 2004 & Oysters

The TfL press release of 9 August 2003 said "The price of Tube travel will
be frozen for passengers using the Oyster smartcard" and "From next...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 03, 11:50 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Jason Rumney
Renewing an Oyster

"D-E" writes:

My local station, New Cross Gate, does not have any kind of ticket
gates/oyster reader/validator. When my Oyster runs out, if I choose to renew
it online,...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 03, 11:47 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Jason Rumney
East London Line Extensions

Robin May writes:

And partly that there are very few useful interchanges.

There are actually a few that are fairly good. Stratford...

I'm more familiar with...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 03, 08:05 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Jason Rumney
East London Line Extensions

Robin May writes:

Is there any plan to increase...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 03, 11:45 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Rumney
The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

I meant Tube in the specific sense of LU's trains for deep bore tunnels. I
think sub-surface LU stock (A, C or D stock) do make a different...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 03, 11:11 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Rumney
The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

Presumably the sound seems louder because the Piccadilly Line trains are
normally non-stopping and running through the station relatively...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 03, 09:42 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Jason Rumney
More troublesome bus drivers

(Nick Cooper) writes:

Lets say one of those passengers happened to have £60 in their
pocket. How were the police to know whose £60 it was?

I...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 03, 02:36 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Jason Rumney
More troublesome bus drivers

"Bluestars" writes:

My comments:

If this happened on a London bus I think some passengers would not have
reacted as calmly as the citizens of...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 03, 02:32 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Jason Rumney
Thameslink ticket checks - or lack of!

"Ed Crowley" writes:

My problem with sleeping on public transport (or practically any
transport for that matter) is that there's nowhere to rest my head.

Central...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 03, 10:29 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Jason Rumney
Bus route numbering

Paul Corfield writes:

Hounslow got H20 up to H37 plus oddities like the H98.

The H91 follows the 391 route most of the way between Hammersmith and
the Chiswick Roundabout,...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 03, 12:12 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Jason Rumney
Where have all the RMs gone?

Steve Fitzgerald ] writes:

In many cases, they will try to put their money in first, which is
immediately rejected as a ticket type hasn't been selected.

That is just stupid....
Forum: London Transport November 9th 03, 12:08 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Jason Rumney
An unusual request

Robin May writes:

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Old STREet
Forum: London Transport November 7th 03, 07:13 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Jason Rumney
Hammersmith & City strike on 13 November

I don't think anyone can really comment without knowing what's meant to
have been wrong with this person and what is supposed to help them get...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 08:54 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Jason Rumney
car rental

"Oliver Keating" writes:

Typically Japanese cars have indicators on the right, wipers on the left,
the opposite to most cars.

However, more modern...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 03, 10:45 AM
Replies: 430
Posted By Jason Rumney
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

"iantheengineer" writes:

How much delay depends upon the designer and the type of control,
whether it is fixed or adaptive. All modern schemes are adaptive,
MOVA,...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 03, 10:48 AM
Replies: 430
Posted By Jason Rumney
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

(b) due to increases in traffic (especially during the prosperous 1980s),
the congestion would have been even worse had it not been for...
Forum: London Transport October 28th 03, 07:50 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Jason Rumney
level crosings on the LUL

(Mait001) writes:

Well remembered, Angus - that's the exact one I had in mind: I only
"discovered" it myself recently when en route from Clapham Junction
to Watford on the...
Forum: London Transport October 28th 03, 07:39 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Jason Rumney
level crosings on the LUL

"Robin Cox" writes:

There is a level crossing just north of Acton Central on the NLL
which is in zone 2 although I am not sure if it is any closer than Barnes.

Forum: London Transport October 23rd 03, 11:44 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Jason Rumney
Help!!!! What happens now! Buying ticket from ticket tout

Dave Newt writes:

You're supposed to carry your record-card with the ticket I believe.

Which if you renew online you don't get. Are we supposed to...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 03, 08:15 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Jason Rumney
Visiting All Tube Stations

"Geoff Marshall" writes:

If you them all by train, well it takes 19 hours 20 minutse just to get
round them all!

Does that take into account the fact that you can...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 03, 12:54 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Jason Rumney
Congestion charge cheat

Robin May writes:

Should this be reported to someone?

Given that the domain has been registered with false details, I don't
expect they'll be around for long. I...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump