Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nes
Forum: London Transport January 15th 04, 04:03 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Nes
Fastest tube trains?

They get up to that speed in passenger service? I wouldn't really know, as I
haven't been as far Epping on 92TS. Last time I went that far was on the old
62 stock.

Nes.
--
To reply directly to me,...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 04, 09:45 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Nes
Fastest tube trains?

Fastest surface: Metropolitan
Fastest tube line: Piccadilly on the Hammersmith - Acton run.
Speeds: Not sure there... anyone?

--
To reply directly to me, please remove all the spam-deflecting...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 04, 09:21 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Nes
London Bus Destination Displays

Weird you should say that. I was at Aldwych today and saw a 341 which had
"Please ask Driver" as its destination. Covering their backs, maybe if the
bus is used for rail replacement or something, or...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 03, 06:51 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Nes
Route into London

Can't really argue with that route. But that stretch thru the Earl's Court
one-way system right across Batetrsea Bridge and to Batteresea Park Road is
a nightmare. Why not try taking a right into...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 03, 11:30 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Nes
More on Oysters

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

Will they need to bring all passengers forward to use the on-bus ticket
machine?

I...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 03, 11:28 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Nes
More on Oysters

Some revenue protectors (aka ticket inspectors) have handheld Oyster
readers. Some ask you for the expiry date of the Oyster just to make sure
it's yours, others don't. Other RPs w/o handheld readers...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 08:22 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Nes
One Day Bus Passes

Use the big (touch screen) ticket machine.

Do they seell them at all tube stations?
Forum: London Transport October 27th 03, 07:19 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Nes
Where have all the RMs gone?

Sorry if this has been taclked before!

Just wondering why are all the RM-type crew buses being withdrawn? First the
94, then 15 and now the 11? I know there are others, but those routes are
what...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 03, 10:21 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Nes
Oyster - Bus Fare - Prepay

I've got some credit on my Oyster - topped it up on that smaller
touch-screen machine which only takes credit/debit cards.

Nes.
--
To reply directly to me, please remove all the spam-deflecting...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 03, 10:08 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Nes
Oyster readers on buses

Some of the bus ticket machines (Wayfarers?) display the ticket type (ie
Adult Bus Pass Z1-4 for my card) an dthe expiry date.

Not sure why the driver asked you to re-read the card again, as of...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 03, 10:04 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Nes
Oyster on buses

I don't think so. I jumped on a 453 at Westminster, used my Oyster and got
off at Lambeth North some 5 minutes later. I ventured into the station and
tried running my card over the ticket machine...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Forum Jump