Old December 10th 10, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings X schematic map

My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

Thanks.

MaxB

Old December 10th 10, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
08:44:16 on Fri, 10 Dec 2010, MaxB remarked:
My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

My map (done long ago and admittedly a bit muddy-looking) is he

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg
Old December 10th 10, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...
In message
, at
08:44:16 on Fri, 10 Dec 2010, MaxB remarked:
My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

My map (done long ago and admittedly a bit muddy-looking) is he

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

Thanks, that is of some help, but I am still not sure why, when I got off
the Vic line last time I ended up at the "wrong " end of St Pancras. I will
be trying again tomorrow!

MaxB

Old December 10th 10, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(MaxB) wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...
In message
, at
08:44:16 on Fri, 10 Dec 2010, MaxB remarked:
My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

My map (done long ago and admittedly a bit muddy-looking) is he

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

Thanks, that is of some help, but I am still not sure why, when I
got off the Vic line last time I ended up at the "wrong " end of St
Pancras. I will be trying again tomorrow!

A classic case of signs being there to confuse the confusable.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old December 11th 10, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 23:10:40 on
Fri, 10 Dec 2010, MaxB remarked:

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

Thanks, that is of some help, but I am still not sure why, when I got
off the Vic line last time I ended up at the "wrong " end of St
Pancras. I will be trying again tomorrow!

You will have followed the signage to the eastern end of the Victoria
line platforms, then walked the entire length of the 45-degree passage,
up the escalators, through the northern ticket hall, and along a passage
to St Pancras north end. My map doesn't have very much of that final
passage, but it's an extension of the yellow rectangle at the top of the
plan.

Old December 11th 10, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 10, 11:35*pm, wrote:

(MaxB) wrote:

"Roland Perry" *wrote:

In message
, at
08:44:16 on Fri, 10 Dec 2010, MaxB remarked:

My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

My map (done long ago and admittedly a bit muddy-looking) is he

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

Thanks, that is of some help, but I am still not sure why, when I
got off the Vic line last time I ended up at the "wrong " end of St
Pancras. I will be trying again tomorrow!

A classic case of signs being there to confuse the confusable.

A classic case of attempting to distribute the huge crowds that use
the station across the whole station complex and trying to prevent
pinch points from becoming unmanageably overcrowded - reprehensible I
agree...
Old December 11th 10, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2010-12-11, Mizter T wrote:

On Dec 10, 11:35*pm, wrote:

(MaxB) wrote:

"Roland Perry" *wrote:

[...]

Actually, it is reprehensible. It makes people with walking difficulties
take unnecessarily (or even impossibly) long walks instead of being able
to take the shortest route.

Eric
Old December 11th 10, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Dec 11, 10:31*am, Mizter T wrote:
On Dec 10, 11:35*pm, wrote:

(MaxB) wrote:

"Roland Perry" *wrote:

[...]

I don't quite follow that. Surely allowing people to exit at
Pentonville Road, if they want to go that way, takes them away from
the pinch points?

As I recall, from the Western End of the Victoria Line, there are
signs on the wall pointing east saying Pentonville Road, but the only
signposted way out you then come to just takes you west again, having
gone east for no reason.

You have to determinedly go further east and take an unmarked
staircase in order to reach Pentonville Road. This ain't clever.
Old December 11th 10, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Dec 10, 11:35*pm, wrote:

(MaxB) wrote:

"Roland Perry" *wrote:

[...]

I don't think we are disagreeing...

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old December 11th 10, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
03:23:34 on Sat, 11 Dec 2010, MIG
remarked:
As I recall, from the Western End of the Victoria Line, there are
signs on the wall pointing east saying Pentonville Road, but the only
signposted way out you then come to just takes you west again, having
gone east for no reason.

You have to determinedly go further east and take an unmarked
staircase in order to reach Pentonville Road. This ain't clever.

I don't follow that explanation. There are signs on the platform
directing people east for "Kings Cross", and very possibly Pentonville
Rd as well.

Having got to the exit point form the platforms there's one set of
stairs (and a small lift) up to the cross-passage, where it's west to
the National Rail stations and east to Pentonville Rd. But there aren't
any additional stairs to Pentonville Rd at that point.