Old May 28th 10, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ealing Broadway to Wandsworth Road

On Friday (yesterday) I had a day off, and I tried catching the 10.48
Wandsworth Road to Ealing Broadway, and the return at 12.07, but while
the services were shown on the repeater boards at each station (until
about 5 minutes after it was due at WR, and ten minutes after at EB),
neither of the trains turned up! Is this up and running yet?

Old May 29th 10, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
On Friday (yesterday) I had a day off, and I tried catching the 10.48
Wandsworth Road to Ealing Broadway, and the return at 12.07, but while
the services were shown on the repeater boards at each station (until
about 5 minutes after it was due at WR, and ten minutes after at EB),
neither of the trains turned up! Is this up and running yet?

It doesn't ever run, NR came up with some obstacle or other.

SN's website stated it won't run on their summer timetable announcement:

http://southernrailway.com/southern/...e-they-travel/

Posts elsewhere suggest it is to do with not allowing 'foreign DMUs' on the
GW because they cannot be rescued due to coupling incompatability...

Paul S

Old May 29th 10, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
s.com, Dr. Sunil writes
On Friday (yesterday) I had a day off, and I tried catching the 10.48
Wandsworth Road to Ealing Broadway, and the return at 12.07, but while
the services were shown on the repeater boards at each station (until
about 5 minutes after it was due at WR, and ten minutes after at EB),
neither of the trains turned up! Is this up and running yet?

Was a taxi offered? After all, this was the last train of the day ...
--
Bill Borland

Old May 30th 10, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29 May, 14:46, Bill Borland wrote:
In article
s.com, Dr. Sunil writes

On Friday (yesterday) I had a day off, and I tried catching the 10.48
Wandsworth Road to Ealing Broadway, and the return at 12.07, but while
the services were shown on the repeater boards at each station (until
about 5 minutes after it was due at WR, and ten minutes after at EB),
neither of the trains turned up! Is this up and running yet?

Was a taxi offered? *After all, this was the last train of the day ...
--
* Bill Borland

Hehe! Well I just took the 10.59 to Victoria then the District Line...
Old May 30th 10, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://southernrailway.com/southern/...to-the-new-sou...

Posts elsewhere suggest it is to do with not allowing 'foreign DMUs' on the
GW because they cannot be rescued due to coupling incompatability...

Paul S

Oh I presumed it would be a 377/2 - DC from Wandsworth as far as Mitre
Bridge then AC after that.

Old May 30th 10, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
On 29 May, 13:36, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Posts elsewhere suggest it is to do with not allowing 'foreign DMUs' on
the
GW because they cannot be rescued due to coupling incompatability...

Oh I presumed it would be a 377/2 - DC from Wandsworth as far as Mitre
Bridge then AC after that.

That would have been too simple... There are a couple of significant
non-electrified bits, eg to get from the NLL to the GW reliefs around Acton
somewhere; and the route from Mitre Bridge Jn loses its OHLE once past the
WCML and turning round towards the SW direction. (IYSWIM - it is AC as far
as whichever WCML tracks that the SN Milton Keynes service uses, but then
DMU required...)

The whole idea of this service is a complete waste of everyone's time, and
surely must have already cost the railway more than it would cost the DfT to
close it...

Paul S

Old June 1st 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 May, 16:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message

On 29 May, 13:36, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Posts elsewhere suggest it is to do with not allowing 'foreign DMUs' on
the
GW because they cannot be rescued due to coupling incompatability...

Oh I presumed it would be a 377/2 - DC from Wandsworth as far as Mitre
Bridge then AC after that.

That would have been too simple... *There are a couple of significant
non-electrified bits, eg to get from the NLL to the GW reliefs around Acton
somewhere; and the route from Mitre Bridge Jn loses its OHLE once past the
WCML and turning round towards the SW direction. *(IYSWIM - it is AC as far
as whichever WCML tracks that the SN Milton Keynes service uses, but then
DMU required...)

Oh I forgot about having to cross the fast WCML. Still, how come I
knew about the service from the National Rail Journey Planner, and why
did it appear on the repeater boards at both WR and EB?