Old August 17th 10, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Minimum Oyster top-up at LU ticket offices

I had a puncture on my bike today that I couldn't fix till I got home so
had to use the District and Circle lines (only) to get from Putney to work
and from work to King' Cross.

Although East Putney ticket office was happy to top me up £1.80 for the
first journey, King's Cross (Western ticket hall) was utterly jobsworth
about the £5 minimum, even though I wanted the £1.80 top up to get a
receipt for the right amount. Are they all that inflexible in zone 1?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old August 18th 10, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:36:32 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
And good luck doing the credit control on all those who default. If you
cut off someone's Oyster card, they just get another one - quite
difficult for your water supply.

So you make it a condition that anyone who applies needs to prove their
name, address and credit worthyness before they're allowed to have this type
of account. Also FWIW water supplies can no longer be cut off completely.

B2003

Old August 18th 10, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

those needing receipts for the correct amount.

How is a receipt for the amount you topped up better than (or even as
good as) your journey history? You could, for example, top up by
£1.80 and claim that amount based on such a receipt when you had already
reached the daily price cap by using the same Oyster card for private
travel. Or when you did not travel at all.

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Old August 18th 10, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 18 Aug, 12:38, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 04:58:30
on Wed, 18 Aug 2010, remarked:

I object to having to lend TfL money for trips I may not make until 6
months hence.

So buy paper tickets.

I also object to the blanket application of a policy, even
to low users and those needing receipts for the correct amount.

And I object to the higher fares resulting from people who want the
bulk-discount benefits, but aren't prepared to toe the line.

I object to the higher cash fares resulting from organisations that
want to coerce me into lending them money in advance for a
"discount" (ie what used to be the normal fare).