Old February 10th 11, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Whats up with the Met line these days?

It seems that virtually every morning on the travel news theres a problem
on it. Today it was overrunning engineering works, yesterday there was no
surface to aldgate and loads of issues last week too. Is this all down to the
S stock introduction or is the line just slowly falling to bits?

B2003

Old February 11th 11, 06:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

There's no capacity for turning trains back

Are you kidding me? The number of times I've been on trains heading in,
which are pulled at Harrow (and a few times at Wembley Park, Finchley
Road...)
Old February 11th 11, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:55:47 -0000
"Jack Taylor" wrote:
smallest amount of rain and the signalling collapses. There's no capacity
for turning trains back, so they try and shovel them all down into the City
where, with only Moorgate and Aldgate to turn back, any westbound delays

Closing the bay platform at liverpool street probably didn't help there.
I suppose if LU take over the old Thameslink trackbed to moorgate then
there'll be a lot more capacity though with all the cost cutting at the
moment I can't see it happening any time soon and by the time they do get
around to it no doubt the track will have decayed to a point where they
have to spend even more money to replace it all - unless someone is doing
residual maintenance on it.

B2003

Old February 11th 11, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 11, 5:01*am, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:55:47 -0000
I suppose if LU take over the old Thameslink trackbed to moorgate then
there'll be a lot more capacity though with all the cost cutting at the
moment I can't see it happening any time soon and by the time they do get
around to it no doubt the track will have decayed to a point where they
have to spend even more money to replace it all - unless someone is doing
residual maintenance on it.

I thought they were lifting the track, at least through Barbican.
They'd reached the tunnel mouth at the end of the platform when I was
last there at the start of January.
--
Roy
Old February 11th 11, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:00:45 -0800 (PST)
Roy Stilling wrote:
I thought they were lifting the track, at least through Barbican.
They'd reached the tunnel mouth at the end of the platform when I was
last there at the start of January.

AFAIK they lifted it near farringdon to build that works ramp but last
time I was at Barbican - which admittedly was about 6 months back - it was
all still in situ. Perhaps thats changed, though the scrap value of the
track surely can't be worth the hassle of lifting it now theres no rail
connection to that branch.

B2003

Old February 12th 11, 01:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
"Jack Taylor" gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

There's no capacity for turning trains back

Are you kidding me? The number of times I've been on trains heading
in, which are pulled at Harrow (and a few times at Wembley Park,
Finchley Road...)

I was referring to the 'in town' section, specifically Baker Street to
Aldgate.

Old February 12th 11, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12/02/2011 02:02, Jack Taylor wrote:
Adrian wrote:
"Jack gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

There's no capacity for turning trains back

Are you kidding me? The number of times I've been on trains heading
in, which are pulled at Harrow (and a few times at Wembley Park,
Finchley Road...)

I was referring to the 'in town' section, specifically Baker Street to
Aldgate.

What about the points just east of KXSP?