Old September 28th 11, 02:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Kensington Olympia LU service cuts

Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the responses
we have now confirmed that the proposed changes will go ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

Paul S

Old September 28th 11, 03:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:20:29 +0100
"Paul Scott" wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the responses
we have now confirmed that the proposed changes will go ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or 30 mins
can have caused such congestion at earls court that they feel the need
to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not axe grinding , it makes
no difference to me, I never use it).

B2003

Old September 28th 11, 03:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the
we have now confirmed that the proposed changes will go ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or 30
mins
can have caused such congestion at earls court that they feel the need
to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not axe grinding , it
makes
no difference to me, I never use it).

Someone else grinds your axe for you?
http://www.galleryhistoricalfigures....bvrname=Boltar

Old September 28th 11, 03:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the responses
we have now confirmed that the proposed changes will go ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or 30 mins
can have caused such congestion at earls court that they feel the need
to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not axe grinding , it makes
no difference to me, I never use it).

Flat crossings and 3 other intensive services using it I would think.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old September 28th 11, 03:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2011\09\28 16:24, Mizter T wrote:

Someone else grinds your axe for you?
http://www.galleryhistoricalfigures....bvrname=Boltar

Bloody hell, they do a figurine of Elizabeth Bathory. I hope the police
are informed when anyone orders one.
http://www.galleryhistoricalfigures....me=ElizBathory

Old September 28th 11, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or 30
mins can have caused such congestion at earls court that they feel the
need to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not axe grinding ,
it makes no difference to me, I never use it).

They want to use the units elsewhere.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old September 28th 11, 07:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

"Paul Scott" wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the
ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or
30 mins can have caused such congestion at earls court that they
feel the need to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not
axe grinding , it makes no difference to me, I never use it).

They want to use the units elsewhere.

In days gone by, wasn't this service operated by half-length trains
(which would be more than enough except when there's a large show at
Olympia)?

Old September 28th 11, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote in message

In article ,

"Paul Scott" wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the
ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or
30 mins can have caused such congestion at earls court that they
feel the need to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not
axe grinding , it makes no difference to me, I never use it).

They want to use the units elsewhere.

In days gone by, wasn't this service operated by half-length trains
(which would be more than enough except when there's a large show at
Olympia)?

In days gone by they used the most ancient District Line stock still
running, until about 1959 when they realised what a bad impression it gave
to people coming to international exhibitions at Olympia. Since then they
have used standard District Line stock. Atone time that was 6-car trains as
used on the Wimbleware service but not enough C69/77 stock was ordered to
allow that to continue.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old September 29th 11, 08:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:24:07 +0100
"Mizter T" wrote:
I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or 30
mins
can have caused such congestion at earls court that they feel the need
to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not axe grinding , it
makes
no difference to me, I never use it).

Someone else grinds your axe for you?
http://www.galleryhistoricalfigures....bvrname=Boltar

Hmm , interesting. Though he's a bit fatter than me. Nice axe, could be useful
on here.

B2003