Old December 3rd 11, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Fares Increase - January 2nd 2012

"tim...." wrote in message

wasn't that removed last year (as in for this year's prices)?

2 years ago, for the Jan 2010 rises, as in my earlier post...

Paul S

Old December 3rd 11, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 3, 10:24*am, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 08:37:06 -0000, "tim...."

wrote:
Something which you don't have to do with a paper ticket.

Then buy one. *They are still available.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

But not at any shops - which is a real kick in the teeth for anyone
not living within walking distance of a station. They have to pay a
bus fare before they can then buy a Travelcard.
Old December 4th 11, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jack wrote

Then buy one. *They are still available.

But not at any shops - which is a real kick in the teeth for anyone

not living within walking distance of a station. They have to pay a
bus fare before they can then buy a Travelcard.

Not if they buy their ODTC in advance, eg the previous day or even get
someone else to do the purchase on their way home.

--
Mike D

Old December 5th 11, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Something which you don't have to do with a paper ticket.

Then buy one. They are still available.

Not according to the ticket office at White City they're not.

In Victorian times, when every man wore a beard the size of a yew,
Britain ruled the world. In the early 20th century, when the beard
was trimmed to a moustache, we scraped through two world wars but
lost an empire. Today, when Mach3 Turbo multi-blades are the norm,
our national pride derives largely from beating the Swedes at
Olympic cycling.

Grow a beard. Your country needs you.
Old December 5th 11, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:53:25 +0000, David Cantrell
wrote:
Not according to the ticket office at White City they're not.

Try a National Rail ticket office...

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

Old December 6th 11, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Something which you don't have to do with a paper ticket.

Then buy one. They are still available.

Not according to the ticket office at White City they're not.

Was this what they actually said to you? If so they were wrong - if we're
talking about Day Travelcards, that is - Day Travelcards are (or should be)
sold from any open Tube station ticket office, and they're also available
from all Tube ticket machines.

(It's different for *season* Travelcards though - Tube station ticket
offices / self-service ticket machines and 'Oyster Ticket Stops' i.e. shops
have only sold season Travelcards on Oyster for a number of years now -
though they're still available in printed form from NR ticket offices.)

For confirmation of this see:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14433.aspx
---quote---
Tube stations

* Get and top up Oyster cards
* Buy Travelcard season tickets
* Buy paper tickets for single and return journeys and Day Travelcards

Ticket machines: Top up your Oyster card with any amount of credit, add
season tickets or buy paper tickets.

Ticket offices: Check our interactive journey map for ticket office opening
times at each station. Ticket offices will top-up Oyster cards if you're
putting on at least £5.
---/quote---

Also, this PDF (linked to from the above page) shows different ticket types
and where you can buy them from - on page 2 it explicitly states that Day
Travelcards are available from Tube ticket offices:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/tickets/where-can-i-buy-my-ticket-january-2011.pdf

If a Tube ticket office refused to sell you one then that's obvious grounds
for a complaint. (I did have a clerk at a Tube ticket office get difficult
about selling me a railcard-discounted Day Travelcard when I presented my
Network Railcard - they were convinced that it should come with an
accompanying photocard, a la the 16-25/ Y-P Railcard - they did sell me one
after my exasperated look made clear that I wasn't going to leave without
one.)

Old December 7th 11, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Something which you don't have to do with a paper ticket.
Then buy one. They are still available.

Not according to the ticket office at White City they're not.

Was this what they actually said to you?

" We don't sell paper tickets ".

Although given how unclearly he spoke, it might have been "I can't smell
pepper tarts", in which case he is to be applauded for his adherence to
the Da-da-ist cause!

Anyone who doesn't speak clearly should be fired from public-facing jobs
immediately. Discuss.

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
-- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001
Old January 1st 12, 06:55 PM
Junior Member

Just a quick check...is the PAPER ODTC still available at Tube stations ?

Thank U.
Old January 3rd 12, 06:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 2, 1:42*am, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 19:55:29 +0000, Alusuisse
wrote:

Just a quick check...is the PAPER ODTC still available at Tube stations

Yes they are - from ticket machines and ticket offices. *National Rail
stations and DLR Ticket Machines also sell them.

As do Tramlink ticket machines.

Can TfL's six Travel Info Centres still sell them? I'd assume they
can, but maybe I'm wrong.