Old January 8th 12, 04:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 08.01.2012 16:31, schrieb The Real Doctor:
Now the various Ians and other apologists for imperialist robbery

And who would these people be?

who signed?

Ian

I'm wholly against imperialist robbery
whether it was practised by he UK in India, the USSR in Hungary or
Argentina in the South Atlantic.

You see, you only give lip service for being "against imperialist
robbery" when their victims already got their independence from your
"own" colonial master, but you defend the last morsels of the colonial
bounty with claws and teeth.

Old January 8th 12, 04:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

Am 06.01.2012 22:50, schrieb The Real Doctor:

displaying again that he is a habitual liar and slanderer:

you've accused me on several occasions in this thread alone of being a
Hitler nostalgist.

Old January 8th 12, 04:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

Am 07.01.2012 22:24, schrieb :
Yugoslav citizens could also easily acquire international passports and
leave the country

hundreds of thousands of Jugoslav workers lived and worked in the FRG.

Cheers,
L.W.
Old January 8th 12, 04:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

Am 07.01.2012 00:10, schrieb bob:
At which percentage of ownership by a state entity does a company
stop being "really a commercial operator"?

50% +1 share.

Didn't you say 30% before? Or was that somebody else? Those marks are
really very arbitrary, don't you think so? Too arbitrary to be a
scientific fact.

That was somebody else.

You see, both are abritrary limits.

You elevate some specific habits or laws (which can always be
changed) to eternal laws of nature. That is wrong.

At Deutsche Bahn AG, the Federal Republic of Germany may not have
more than 3 seats out of 20 on the supervisory board. Can those three
really make a majority of 20?

As the owners, they have the right to nominate the membership of the
board as they see fit.

No, Sir, you should take off your blinkers.

What I quoted from the DB website presenting the 20 members of the
Aufsichtsrat is actually a verbal quote from the "Satzung" (bye laws) of
Deutsche Bahn AG. Article 10, paragraph 2: "Die Bundesrepublik
Deutschland hat, solange sie mehrheitlich Aktionär ist,
das Recht, drei Mitglieder in den Aufsichtsrat zu entsenden."

You can download the "Satzung" from he
http://www1.deutschebahn.com/ecm2-db-de/ir/cg/satzung.html

That they chose only to exercise that right on 3 of the 20 seats
is their prerogative, but if they chose to they
could nominate all 20.

Not at all. In a company of the size of Deutsche Bahn AG, the capital
owner can only nominate one half of the Supervisory Board, the other
half is being elected by the workers and trade unions. That is the law
in Germany. You know, the existence of the GDR created a certain amount
of scare for the German capitalists.

Do you really believe this idiotic nonsense?

The courts and parliament do.

The _British_ parliament maybe. But that could also change the rules
if they wanted (completely leaving out if that is really a rule, or if
it is just your thought that the ideology that no occasion to make a
fast buck should be barred to any bloodsucker).

The owners of Northern Rock (the UK government) believe that it is not
in the long term interest of the UK economy to run Northern Rock in
such a way, so they chose to run it on commercial lines instead.

Of course. But this contradicts this ideological nonsense that the
very nature of a company changes radically if some arbitrary limit is
bypassed, and be it by only one share.

Actually, I heard that the British government wants to sell their
share in Northern Rock for much less than what they slashed out for
"saving" this capitalist venture.

Bye, bye

L.W.

Old January 8th 12, 05:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

Am 08.01.2012 00:32, schrieb Ross:
Why do you pretend that it sticks to your far more rigid ideas,

Nonsense. It does not conform to your stiffened ideology.

Try to think for yourself, and read what I write instead of dreaming
up from your indoctrination what you think that I might have written if
I were as you think I am.

You are lost in space, man!

L.W.

Old January 8th 12, 05:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

Am 08.01.2012 00:30, schrieb Ross:

there is no point attempting any form of constructive discourse with Lüko,

I can't remember any attempt from your part.

L.W.
Old January 8th 12, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

On 08/01/2012 14:50, Lüko Willms wrote:
Am 07.01.2012 22:35, schrieb :

West Berlin was technically not a part of the Bundesrepublik,

on the contrary. It was _legally_ not part of the FRG, but in technical
terms it was integrated into the FRG.

In British English, "technically" in this context means "legally" or
"strictly speaking".

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old January 8th 12, 07:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:34:53 +0100 [UTC], Lüko Willms wrote:

[...]
You are a miserable slanderer and liar.

trans: I can't force you to believe the drivel I spout and I can't
handle that.

End of discussion.

trans: so, since I can't get my own way, I'm going to go and sulk.

Discussions with Lüko are so...
I was going to say interesting, but that's not true. They're not even
worthwhile. I suppose the word is "predictable".
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...
Old January 8th 12, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:53:40 +0100 [UTC], Lüko Willms wrote:

[...]
Are you satisfied now in your prejudices?

Nope. You're still throwing wild accusations around against me and
others. When you retract those and apologise for making them, I will
be satisfied.

I suspect there's rather more chance of Hell freezing over (or
Marxists actually successfully running a country, no, even a state)
than there is of you ever admitting to behaving unreasonably.

I compared you at one point to Tony Polson. That was unfair on Polson;
at least he has genuine medical reasons for the way his behaviour
changes.
I have no idea what your excuse is.

Old January 8th 12, 08:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe

In uk.railway The Real Doctor twisted the electrons to say:
On 08/01/12 14:41, Lüko Willms wrote:
Now the various Ians and other apologists for imperialist robbery

And who would these people be? I'm wholly against imperialist robbery
whether it was practised by he UK in India, the USSR in Hungary or
Argentina in the South Atlantic.

I think he means the people who support the general rate of self
determination, rather than supporting the initiation of aggresive force
against peaceful people in order to make the inconveniently square peg of
reality fit into the round hole of political theory?