Old November 9th 12, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Default Dartford crossing

In article ,
Clive George wrote:
On 09/11/2012 09:20, tim..... wrote:

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...

Penrhyndeudraeth,

That was "bought out" many years ago.

And IME, paying it was voluntary anyway :-(

Confusion with the Porthmadog one? Thought the booth looks a bit
unmanned in the streetview pics from 2009, the sign is still there.

http://goo.gl/maps/krE7S

I'm grateful to Google Maps for telling me the address of the toll booth
is approximately No.8, Wales, United Kingdom. What would we do without
that local knowledge of theirs ;-)

Nick

Old November 9th 12, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Clive George wrote:
On 09/11/2012 09:20, tim..... wrote:

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...

Penrhyndeudraeth,

That was "bought out" many years ago.

And IME, paying it was voluntary anyway :-(

Confusion with the Porthmadog one? Thought the booth looks a bit
unmanned in the streetview pics from 2009, the sign is still there.

http://goo.gl/maps/krE7S

I'm grateful to Google Maps for telling me the address of the toll booth
is approximately No.8, Wales, United Kingdom. What would we do without
that local knowledge of theirs ;-)

It does admit that the address is 'approximate'.
Old November 9th 12, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On 2012\11\09 09:31, tim..... wrote:

There are also lots of little ones, but even I get surprised by those,
such as when I crossed the Dunham Toll Bridge on the A57 earlier this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ges_in_England
Old November 9th 12, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2012\11\09 09:31, tim..... wrote:

There are also lots of little ones, but even I get surprised by those,
such as when I crossed the Dunham Toll Bridge on the A57 earlier this
year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ges_in_England

Which is missing at least the Aldwark Toll Bridge (another one of my ticks -
not that I am collecting)

tim

Old November 9th 12, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On 2012\11\09 23:33, tim..... wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2012\11\09 09:31, tim..... wrote:

There are also lots of little ones, but even I get surprised by those,
such as when I crossed the Dunham Toll Bridge on the A57 earlier this
year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ges_in_England

Which is missing at least the Aldwark Toll Bridge (another one of my
ticks - not that I am collecting)

You could have added it... I have now.

Old November 9th 12, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2012\11\09 23:33, tim..... wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2012\11\09 09:31, tim..... wrote:

There are also lots of little ones, but even I get surprised by those,
such as when I crossed the Dunham Toll Bridge on the A57 earlier this
year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ges_in_England

Which is missing at least the Aldwark Toll Bridge (another one of my
ticks - not that I am collecting)

You could have added it... I have now.

don't you have to set up some sort of account to make changes?

tim

Old November 9th 12, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On 2012\11\10 00:02, tim..... wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2012\11\09 23:33, tim..... wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ges_in_England

Which is missing at least the Aldwark Toll Bridge (another one of my
ticks - not that I am collecting)

You could have added it... I have now.

don't you have to set up some sort of account to make changes?

No. It helps to have the discipline of knowing HTML or some other
scripting language.
Old June 19th 15, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bring back coinbins back it save a lot confusion to people like myself it's time there wasn't a change the bridge has been pay over and over again