Old June 27th 14, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:44:18 +0200, "tim....."
wrote:
2 days ago

I've not seen it in years in the UK.

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.

Old June 27th 14, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It looks like National Express Essex Thameside plan to roll out CPC ticketing across their network

http://nationalexpressgroup.com/medi...?newsitem=1355

"Smart ticketing across the route from day one, with route-wide contactless payment rolled out in 2017."
Old June 27th 14, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
06:26:30 on Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:
It looks like National Express Essex Thameside plan to roll out CPC ticketing across their network

http://nationalexpressgroup.com/medi...?newsitem=1355

"Smart ticketing across the route from day one, with route-wide contactless payment rolled out in 2017."

They are the DfT's chosen pilot for ITSO, so I expect the contactless
payment will be from your ITSO wallet, not your credit card.

ie CPC= Contactless Payment Card, not Contactless Credit Card

It barely qualifies for the term "network" though, having just one
point-to-point line with a loop via Greys. Which also explains why they
have good performance figures. No pesky late-running cross-country
trains from Bristol to Edinburgh competing for their assets.

ps: "Passengers given a new right to be sold the cheapest ticket for any
c2c journey and compensation if they are not."

Isn't this the case already?? Or is it in fact a right to be sold the
cheapest ticket, but no redress if you aren't.

Old June 27th 14, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(tim.....) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

(tim.....) wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:15:28 +0100, "
wrote:

Their main experience of CBCs will, of course, be when TfL launches
their facility that will cover the zonal area. It will be
interesting
to see what happens to the relative balance of ticket products and
sales. The London TOCs that were so resistant to Oyster were
perfectly delighted to see their ridership and revenue soar once it
was extended to their services.

Did that really happen? I find it hard to believe that a near
doubling of fares (introduction of Oyster Zonal pricing has removed
the 49% day return discount, without making the one way journey any
cheaper) resulted in increased ridership

Not exactly. It halved the Vauxhall-Putney single fare for me. I was
told this was to stop day returns going up too much.

Really!

It's difficult to check on the previous fares but you can do some
comparisons with the current fares from outside the boundaries

Fare from Ashford (Middx/Surrey depending upon day of the week) to
London - outside of Oyster: DR 9.90

Fare from Felltham, inside Oyster, based on Zonal one way fares DR
13.30

How can that be of the benefit to the travelling public?

Part of my gain was getting access to railcard discounts but the base fare
must also have fallen, I surmise from £1.70 to £1.30. It's a cheap fare
because both stations are in Zone 2.

I'm sure it was made clear beforehand that the switch to zonal fares on
Oyster would increase some NR fares, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old June 27th 14, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
In article ,
(tim.....) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

wrote:

[...]

it was yes, but that not the question.

which was, given that it was known to increases fares did it increases
patronage (not revenue)?

Old June 27th 14, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 27 June 2014 15:06:22 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

ITSO on c2c is available now , so the 2017 rollout must refer to either payment at ticket offices, or a similar scheme to TfL.
Old June 27th 14, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message ,
at 06:26:30 on Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:
It looks like National Express Essex Thameside plan to roll out CPC
ticketing across their network

http://nationalexpressgroup.com/medi...?newsitem=1355

"Smart ticketing across the route from day one, with route-wide
contactless payment rolled out in 2017."

They are the DfT's chosen pilot for ITSO, so I expect the contactless
payment will be from your ITSO wallet, not your credit card.

ie CPC= Contactless Payment Card, not Contactless Credit Card

It barely qualifies for the term "network" though, having just one
point-to-point line with a loop via Greys. Which also explains why
they have good performance figures. No pesky late-running
cross-country trains from Bristol to Edinburgh competing for their
assets.

Or a loop via Grays even.

ps: "Passengers given a new right to be sold the cheapest ticket for
any
c2c journey and compensation if they are not."

Isn't this the case already?? Or is it in fact a right to be sold the
cheapest ticket, but no redress if you aren't.

How many possible cases are there of not being sold the cheapest ticket?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old June 27th 14, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
07:52:57 on Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:

ITSO on c2c is available now , so the 2017 rollout must refer to either
payment at ticket offices, or a similar scheme to TfL.

Can you get a TfL Travelcard on C2C ITSO (or more to the point, will TfL
recognise it?)

Similarly, have C2C already implemented ITSO-purse purchasing of walk-up
tickets at machines?