Old September 8th 14, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default As predicted, Boris Island sunk

wrote:
On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 22:22:15 +0100
JNugent wrote:
On 06/09/2014 21:21, d wrote:

JNugent wrote:
d wrote:

But what I'm saying is there should be a limit on flights.

Why?

Are you unable to read or just stupid?

Neither of those.

And yet...

Try and figure it out from previous posts.

Why?

Well you see , the point of a post is so you can read it and the point
doesn't have to be made again for people too stupid to understand it
first time.

Are you unable to justify your desire to prevent others from living
their lives as they wish and to force them to be like you?

Everyone living their lives exactly the way they want with no regards to
anyone else is whats known as anarchy.

Like the market took care of acid rain, NOx in car exhaust, DDT etc?

Those things are not subject to market pressures so you wouldn't expect
the market to "deal" with them. Not if you have any common sense, at least.

Oh, well do explain how aircraft noise and pollution is subject to market
pressures then.

Do you actually know anything about economics?

Somewhat more than you apparently.

Sometimes that self interest needs to be tempered in the
interests of everyone as a whole.

And you should be the temperer, right?

Why not? Who should do it, you with your screw everyone else, I'm alright jack
attitude?

Boltar, the eco-warrior! Who would have believed it?

Old September 8th 14, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 08/09/2014 09:02, d wrote:

JNugent wrote:
d wrote:
JNugent wrote:
d wrote:

But what I'm saying is there should be a limit on flights.

Why?

Are you unable to read or just stupid?

Neither of those.

And yet...

Try and figure it out from previous posts.

Why?

Well you see , the point of a post is so you can read it and the point
doesn't have to be made again for people too stupid to understand it
first time.

Your previous posts in this thread do not explain where you got this
idea that your desires and wishes are more important than those of others.

Or perhaps you could reference the post which contained justification
(if justification it is)?

Are you unable to justify your desire to prevent others from living
their lives as they wish and to force them to be like you?

Everyone living their lives exactly the way they want with no regards to
anyone else is whats known as anarchy.

Your living your life exactly the way you want to and preventing others
from living theirs as they wish to is known as sociopathy.

At the very least, you need to demonstrate that your rights are superior
to everyone else's.

It's probably best for others not to hold their breath waiting for that,
though.

Like the market took care of acid rain, NOx in car exhaust, DDT etc?

Those things are not subject to market pressures so you wouldn't expect
the market to "deal" with them. Not if you have any common sense, at least.

Oh, well do explain how aircraft noise and pollution is subject to market
pressures then.

They aren't.

They are subject to legislation.

Legislation is not the market, though it can have the effect of looking
like it.

Do you actually know anything about economics?

Somewhat more than you apparently.

Hardly.

Sometimes that self interest needs to be tempered in the
interests of everyone as a whole.

And you should be the temperer, right?

Why not?

Well, at least you're consistent in your megalomania.

Who should do it,

Everyone should do it for themselves individually, the aggregate of
their wishes and actions being known as "the market".

I thought you claimed to *know* about economics?

you with your screw everyone else, I'm alright jack attitude?

You are, of course, describing your own, utterly selfish and
self-centred attitude there. You don't want to fly and so you see no
reason why others should.
Old September 8th 14, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 11:57:16 +0100
JNugent wrote:
On 08/09/2014 09:02, d wrote:
Well you see , the point of a post is so you can read it and the point
doesn't have to be made again for people too stupid to understand it
first time.

Your previous posts in this thread do not explain where you got this
idea that your desires and wishes are more important than those of others.

Ah, he we go - the flip it routine. Pretend your stance is mine. Do try
harder.

Everyone living their lives exactly the way they want with no regards to
anyone else is whats known as anarchy.

Your living your life exactly the way you want to and preventing others
from living theirs as they wish to is known as sociopathy.

See above.

At the very least, you need to demonstrate that your rights are superior
to everyone else's.

Odd that because you seem to be of the attitude that "I want to fly and should
be allowed to fly whenever I want where I want because thats more important
than ANY other consideration". Right?

Oh, well do explain how aircraft noise and pollution is subject to market
pressures then.

They aren't.

They are subject to legislation.

Legislation is not the market, though it can have the effect of looking

Oh well done, at least you have half a clue. Now do you think that legislation
would have come about if left purely to the market? No, I don't think so.

Hardly.

LOL. Ok, if you say so )

Who should do it,

Everyone should do it for themselves individually, the aggregate of
their wishes and actions being known as "the market".

The market has its place, but it needs to be managed. Give it free reign
and there's chaos.

I thought you claimed to *know* about economics?

You might want to revisit the last few years wrt the banks to understand where
an essentially unregulated market eventually ends up.

you with your screw everyone else, I'm alright jack attitude?

You are, of course, describing your own, utterly selfish and
self-centred attitude there. You don't want to fly and so you see no
reason why others should.

Care to repost where I said that?

Oh, thats right, I didn't.

All I'm saying is the number of flights should be limited, not left to the
market because enviromental considerations in this case are more important.

--
Spud

Old September 8th 14, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 03:21:18 -0500
Recliner wrote:
Boltar, the eco-warrior! Who would have believed it?

Not really. But I spent 6 months working right next door to heathrow and
it was bad enough just being there 9-6. For the residents it must be a
****ing nightmare. Only utterly selfish ****s would wish more aircraft
in the skys just so they can visit disneyworld in florida next week on a
whim or wherever.

--
Spud

Old September 8th 14, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:24:56 on Sun, 7 Sep
2014, tim..... remarked:
never disposes of material things until they have worn out

It's the list of things that I do that the press regularly complains
that people don't do that wastes energy

How strictly is "dispose of" correlated with "throw away"?

I was just making the point that I don't:

wear something once and never again

or replace electrical goods because they aren't the latest colour,

or even because they don't have the most recent number on the front

It's also possible to sell things, freecycle/eBay/Gumtree, give to
friends/relatives/neighbours/Oxfam and so on.

I know, but that isn't always a useful disposal, and if the person who
buys it is only going to wear it once and than they throw it away, it
hasn't solved the problem

Ah, perhaps when you said "material" you mainly meant "clothing" rather
than "tangible".

I was referring to anything that a sub-set of the population just discard
because they have had it a few months and want a new one because marking
people tell them that they need a new one

I wasn't referring to things that have a "natural" second hand market

Does a PC that'll only run Windows XP now qualify as "worn out",

I don't know.

I've never got a PC to last longer than about 4 years without "blowing up"
in some way.

Gosh. My laptop is over four years old and I still regard it as "new". My
desktop PC is coming up for ten years old and the only real problem with
it is the XP [I have upgraded its HDD capacity though].

I accept that I have been "unlucky", but that is just how it is

tim

Old September 8th 14, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 08/09/2014 12:47, d wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 11:57:16 +0100
JNugent wrote:
On 08/09/2014 09:02,
d wrote:

Well you see , the point of a post is so you can read it and the point
doesn't have to be made again for people too stupid to understand it
first time.

Your previous posts in this thread do not explain where you got this
idea that your desires and wishes are more important than those of others.

Ah, he we go - the flip it routine. Pretend your stance is mine. Do try
harder.

You are the one who wants to control others. Not I.

Everyone living their lives exactly the way they want with no regards to
anyone else is whats known as anarchy.

Your living your life exactly the way you want to and preventing others
from living theirs as they wish to is known as sociopathy.

See above.

See what above?

At the very least, you need to demonstrate that your rights are superior
to everyone else's.

Odd that because you seem to be of the attitude that "I want to fly and should
be allowed to fly whenever I want where I want because thats more important
than ANY other consideration". Right?

Wrong.

I do not expect to be able to obtain any service without paying the
market price for it. The market factors in other peoples' needs for
scarce resources which have alternative uses.

Oh, well do explain how aircraft noise and pollution is subject to market
pressures then.

They aren't.
They are subject to legislation.
Legislation is not the market, though it can have the effect of looking

Oh well done, at least you have half a clue. Now do you think that legislation
would have come about if left purely to the market? No, I don't think so.

Are you mad?

How on Earth could the market produce legislation?

Who - in their right mind - would suggest such a thing?

Hardly.

LOL. Ok, if you say so )

Who should do it,

Everyone should do it for themselves individually, the aggregate of
their wishes and actions being known as "the market".

The market has its place, but it needs to be managed. Give it free reign
and there's chaos.

I thought you claimed to *know* about economics?

You might want to revisit the last few years wrt the banks to understand where
an essentially unregulated market eventually ends up.

That has nothing to do with unregulated markets and everything to do
with banks doing what the government told them to so.

But you thought for a moment you were on safer ground with a spot of
bank-bashing, no matter how ill-informed.

you with your screw everyone else, I'm alright jack attitude?

You are, of course, describing your own, utterly selfish and
self-centred attitude there. You don't want to fly and so you see no
reason why others should.

Care to repost where I said that?

One would not expect even you to say it in those terms.

But you have said, more than once, that you want access to flying
restricted.

Oh, thats right, I didn't.

Well, you don't realise what you have said.

All I'm saying is the number of flights should be limited, not left to the
market because enviromental considerations in this case are more important.

And you say that that is different from preventing people from flying,
do you?

Or perhaps you are really arguing that only the very rich should be
allowed to fly (because that's how it used to be).

Old September 9th 14, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 22:41:46 +0100
JNugent wrote:
On 08/09/2014 12:47, d wrote:
Ah, he we go - the flip it routine. Pretend your stance is mine. Do try
harder.

You are the one who wants to control others. Not I.

Limiting is not the same as controlling. You OTOH are quite happy to see
others screwed over as long as you get what you want when you want.

Your living your life exactly the way you want to and preventing others
from living theirs as they wish to is known as sociopathy.

See above.

See what above?

Getting too complicated already for you? I recommend a lie down before you
post.

I do not expect to be able to obtain any service without paying the
market price for it. The market factors in other peoples' needs for
scarce resources which have alternative uses.

******** does it. The market factors in the ability of people to get what
they want in any way they can.

Oh well done, at least you have half a clue. Now do you think that

legislation
would have come about if left purely to the market? No, I don't think so.

Are you mad?

How on Earth could the market produce legislation?

Well you tell me. You're the one claiming the market solves every problem
and would somehow magically "solve" any pollution and enviromental issues
wrt airport expansion. Or are you wriggling on that hook now?

Who - in their right mind - would suggest such a thing?

You would.

You might want to revisit the last few years wrt the banks to understand

where
an essentially unregulated market eventually ends up.

That has nothing to do with unregulated markets and everything to do
with banks doing what the government told them to so.

Oh for christ sake man, get a ****ing clue. You think the government told
them to create CDOs then hide the bad investments inside them do you?

You know, you talk about the market but you don't have the first clue how
markets actually work. Speaking as someone who worked in the City for 10 years,
albeit in IT , I think I have a fairly reasonable grasp of how things were
since I worked on the systems that banks used to do all that ****.

The rest of your argument is just a mishmash of denial and plain rubbish
and frankly its not worth arguing with you any more so feel free to have
the last word and spout more nonsense.

--
Spud