Old November 10th 15, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bank Station, and orbital railways

On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 16:17:52 UTC, wrote:

I think that's what my son-in-law, who commutes from Cambridge to Liverpool
St and works at London Bridge, does fairly regularly.

I am a lover of the city of London so walking through it daily never bothered me. IMO it takes five years to get used to the pathways of the City. Someone pointed out to me the beauty of the view of both Adelaide House and St Magnus the Martyr. It is the best bit about the northwards crossing.
Old November 10th 15, 04:46 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offramp View Post
On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 08:29:25 UTC, Recliner wrote:

Fair enough, but they're all solutions to the same problem, fitting vastly
more people into old, constricted stations.

There are probably worse changes on the Tube, but personally I always disliked Central Line Bank to Northern Line Bank (and vice versa) MOST. A crowded spiral staircase with people breathing down your neck - a thin passageway and then a queue to get down the stairs! Then, on the Northern platform, the crush of passengers. I was going to Tooting, so I had no real choice. Some people were only travelling Bank-London Bridge, but luckily in good weather a huge amount of people took to shanks's pony.
Travelling from Archway to Leyton the other day, I changed
at Bank. I agree with you. It's dire.
Old November 10th 15, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

-

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/gospel-oak...e-may-2015.pdf

Old November 11th 15, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10.11.15 21:54, Mizter T wrote:

On 10/11/2015 13:06, wrote:
[...]
Fair enough, but they're all solutions to the same problem, fitting
vastly more people into old, constricted stations.

Are there plans to rebuild those two stations south of Kennington, the
names of which I cannot at this time recall?

Clapham Common and Clapham North. No plans that I'm aware of.

Thank you.

Old November 11th 15, 07:32 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Jet[_4_] View Post
Offramp;151636 Wrote:
[...]

It was last Saturday and that line was not running! That's why
I went by tube!