Old April 13th 04, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PrePay on a bus

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

"JB" typed
Ah I see. One of those "use anywhere" special tokens!

Shame John Hearns didn't have a book of Saver bus tickets. I find these
useful for people who ask me for bus fares...

Yeah. Sounds like I should try to use my Oyster on any bus I ride, and
save my remaining saver tickets for when this doesn't work. I have to
say I was hoping for more convenience, not less, with the Oyster.

Are ALL bus journeys 70p with Oyster? If not, how do you prove you
haven't entered zone 1?

Colin McKenzie

Old April 13th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin McKenzie typed

Are ALL bus journeys 70p with Oyster? If not, how do you prove you
haven't entered zone 1?

Yes. Zoning for buses was abolished on January 4 anyway...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 13th 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

"JB" typed
Ah I see. One of those "use anywhere" special tokens!

Shame John Hearns didn't have a book of Saver bus tickets. I find these
useful for people who ask me for bus fares...

Yeah. Sounds like I should try to use my Oyster on any bus I ride, and
save my remaining saver tickets for when this doesn't work. I have to
say I was hoping for more convenience, not less, with the Oyster.

Are ALL bus journeys 70p with Oyster?

Yes. With Oyster Prepay, all bus fares are 70p. There is no longer any
difference between Zone 1 and any other for bus fares.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old April 15th 04, 02:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin McKenzie wrote the following in:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

"JB" typed
Ah I see. One of those "use anywhere" special tokens!

Shame John Hearns didn't have a book of Saver bus tickets. I find
these useful for people who ask me for bus fares...

Yeah. Sounds like I should try to use my Oyster on any bus I ride,
and save my remaining saver tickets for when this doesn't work. I
have to say I was hoping for more convenience, not less, with the
Oyster.

Prepay on buses hasn't officially started on Oystr yet, so you
shouldn't really be expecting anything from it.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
"Dust Hill guy likes the Gordon clock"

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.
Old April 15th 04, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

"JB" typed
Ah I see. One of those "use anywhere" special tokens!

Shame John Hearns didn't have a book of Saver bus tickets. I find
these useful for people who ask me for bus fares...

Yeah. Sounds like I should try to use my Oyster on any bus I ride,
and save my remaining saver tickets for when this doesn't work. I
have to say I was hoping for more convenience, not less, with the
Oyster.

Prepay on buses hasn't officially started on Oystr yet, so you
shouldn't really be expecting anything from it.

We know this. The point is I, for example, travel with:

My Annual Oyster Bus Pass, with some loaded PrePay
A book of Saver Tickets for friends and beggars (!)
Another Oyster PrePay (no season) for my partner
A One-Day or Weekend Travelcard when this would prove cheaper than using
the above.
A Fares 2004 pamphlet so I can work out what's cheapest for whom.

I'm good enough at mental arithmetic not to need to have a calculator with me.

Very convenient!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 15th 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Prepay on buses hasn't officially started on Oystr yet, so you
shouldn't really be expecting anything from it.

Indeed. I wonder what would happen if someone did use Pre-Pay on a bus and
then was subject to a ticket inspection. As Pre-Pay hasn't officially
started would they be deemed to be travelling without a ticket? Or would
they perhaps be charged the extra 30p to make the full £1 fare?

Old April 15th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:38:43 +0100, "Graham J"
wrote:

Prepay on buses hasn't officially started on Oystr yet, so you
shouldn't really be expecting anything from it.

Indeed. I wonder what would happen if someone did use Pre-Pay on a bus and
then was subject to a ticket inspection. As Pre-Pay hasn't officially
started would they be deemed to be travelling without a ticket?

Correct. That'll be a penalty fare of £10 please....

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old April 16th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Indeed. I wonder what would happen if someone did use Pre-Pay on a bus and
then was subject to a ticket inspection. As Pre-Pay hasn't officially
started would they be deemed to be travelling without a ticket? Or would
they perhaps be charged the extra 30p to make the full £1 fare?

Why would they be charged an extra 30p? 70p is a full fare - just not
a cash fare.

Cheers,

Jason.