London Transport (uk.transport.london) Discussion of all forms of transport in London.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #141   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 08:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Feb 2018
Posts: 179
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:29:30 on Sun, 10
Jan 2021, Marland remarked:
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)



I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious


https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-cancer/causes/


As you well know a usenet post is not going to cover 100% detail like an
essay in the BMJ,
declaring Women should stay in or keep their genitals well covered will not
go down well though another use of that phrase may put you in such a
position to be at risk , but we are now straying into an area that is
well OT for UKR and where tunnel shots do not mean an album of places under
hills with openings at both end.

GH

GH


  #142   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 09:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,069
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

In message , at 08:46:44 on Mon, 11
Jan 2021, Marland remarked:

I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious


https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-cancer/causes/


As you well know a usenet post is not going to cover 100% detail like
an essay in the BMJ, declaring Women should stay in or keep their
genitals well covered will not go down well though


But there have been campaigns about "safe sex".
--
Roland Perry
  #143   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 09:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 10 Jan 2021 18:29:30 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)



I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.


Most people are dealing with it but in a way you and some others do not
like, it remains to be seen which set of opinions prevail, but at the


I don't care how others deal with it. If they want to wear hazmats suits
when they go to the supermarket and hide under the duvet for the rest of the
day thats entirely up to them - but don't expect me to do the same.

moment the people with the power to make life really uncomfortable for
those who disagree are a government emboldened by a very large majority
because people like you put them there because of a single issue,


Right, because Kier Starmer and Labour would be so much more relaxed with the
Covid restrictions. Oink flap.

The whole political class are rabbits in headlights because apparently some
full ICU wards in a few hospitals are a "national emergency" because hysterical
medics are constantly talking it up. Sorry, but a national emergency would be
a total collapse of the water or food supply, a return of the black death with
its 40% fatality rate or being bombed for 50 consecutive nights in a row as
per the Blitz.

Frankly I'm utterly sick ad tired of NHS staff crying wolf:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErN-sYIW...g&name=900x900

till the crisis is over . There are plenty of further steps that could take
place, Boris and Co see the Covid crisis as a war and without the time to
debate nicely about it may soon start to get heavy handed and worry about
the fallout later.


Given the protests that have already happened under the current restrictions
getting more heavy handed I suspect would backfire badly.

  #144   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 01:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jun 2015
Posts: 77
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

In message , Marland
writes
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)



I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.



I can't make up my mind if he is
A moron
A Sick ****
A troll
Or
A bit of each

Most people are dealing with it but in a way you and some others do not
like, it remains to be seen which set of opinions prevail, but at the
moment the people with the power to make life really uncomfortable for
those who disagree are a government emboldened by a very large majority
because people like you put them there because of a single issue,
ironically a mantra of which was taking back control. Now that control
appears to be for them and does not include you are whinging
but it was people like you put them there and until it changes they can
fo onto impose far more draconian conditions yet , larger fines, prison
terms , constant offenders put in internment camps where they can be kept
till the crisis is over . There are plenty of further steps that could take
place, Boris and Co see the Covid crisis as a war and without the time to
debate nicely about it may soon start to get heavy handed and worry about
the fallout later.



GH


--
Bryan Morris
  #145   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 02:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jan 2007
Posts: 102
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:38:12 +0000, Bryan Morris
wrote:

In message , Marland
writes
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)



I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isnt contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.



I can't make up my mind if he is
A moron
A Sick ****
A troll
Or
A bit of each


"Spud" is either a racist idiot or someone cleverly playing the part of
a racist idiot. If the latter, he is no doubt enjoying a laugh at the
expense of all the people he has trolled.

Mark


  #146   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 02:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Feb 2018
Posts: 179
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

wrote:
On 10 Jan 2021 18:29:30 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)



I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.


Most people are dealing with it but in a way you and some others do not
like, it remains to be seen which set of opinions prevail, but at the


I don't care how others deal with it. If they want to wear hazmats suits
when they go to the supermarket and hide under the duvet for the rest of the
day thats entirely up to them - but don't expect me to do the same.

moment the people with the power to make life really uncomfortable for
those who disagree are a government emboldened by a very large majority
because people like you put them there because of a single issue,


Right, because Kier Starmer and Labour would be so much more relaxed with the
Covid restrictions. Oink flap.

Probably not but you are missing the point, a Labour Government or even a
coalition with anyone but the Tories would be unlikely to have a majority
large enough that they could continually ignore the concerns of MP’s who
wish to question what they say are undemocratic decisions such as the one
for this area New Forest West whose somewhat theatrical orations have
become a rallying point for people who share the same concerns as yourself.
You ought to follow his Twitter feed and get some company.

https://twitter.com/DesmondSwayne?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor



The whole political class are rabbits in headlights because apparently some
full ICU wards in a few hospitals are a "national emergency" because hysterical
medics are constantly talking it up. Sorry, but a national emergency would be
a total collapse of the water or food supply, .


IF enough people go sick in supply chains,utilities and transport we could
well see some of that occur ,
SWR and GWR had to reduce services due to Covid related staff shortages a
few weeks back before the present reduction of services eased the problem
so it has already affected an aspect of transport.

Frankly I'm utterly sick ad tired of NHS staff crying wolf:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErN-sYIW...g&name=900x900



You are not alone in your point of view but if you are confident enough in
the situation is like you say it is are you and your immediately family
willing to knock up and carry something like an organ donor card with a
message on it something like “ Do not resuscitate if facilities are
overloaded ,give my place to someone else” and gamble on never having to
produce it.

till the crisis is over . There are plenty of further steps that could take
place, Boris and Co see the Covid crisis as a war and without the time to
debate nicely about it may soon start to get heavy handed and worry about
the fallout later.


Given the protests that have already happened under the current restrictions
getting more heavy handed I suspect would backfire badly.

You often refer to wartime, people who were likely to take too much time to
deal with such as foreigners who had left Europe to escape the fascists
were still put in interment camps with others
whose intentions may have been less desirable, the fallout was dealt with
later.
The Isle of Man may not be available but a couple of camps could quickly be
established on Salisbury Plain or for people from your area the big army
area in East Anglia which was taken over in WW2 and never given back.
Stanford ISTR, often used for location work on Dads Army.

And whereas the other big political debate that took place recently with
the B word was actually a close run thing which is why it took so long on
this issue people like yourself may think you have a lot of support because
they shout loudest on social media they are probably a far smaller
percentage of the population than they think.


GH



  #147   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 02:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:38:12 +0000
Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , Marland
writes
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)



I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.



I can't make up my mind if he is
A moron
A Sick ****
A troll
Or
A bit of each


Oh do bore off you senile old ****.

  #148   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 02:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:05:40 +0000
Mark Goodge wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:38:12 +0000, Bryan Morris
wrote:

In message , Marland
writes
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)


I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isnt contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.



I can't make up my mind if he is
A moron
A Sick ****
A troll
Or
A bit of each


"Spud" is either a racist idiot or someone cleverly playing the part of
a racist idiot. If the latter, he is no doubt enjoying a laugh at the


Ah, so even someone who isn't convinced about the covisteria is a Waaaaacist!
now? Or did you drop into the wrong thread? The brexit discussion is over
there ---

  #149   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 03:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 11 Jan 2021 14:13:43 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
The whole political class are rabbits in headlights because apparently some
full ICU wards in a few hospitals are a "national emergency" because

hysterical
medics are constantly talking it up. Sorry, but a national emergency would

be
a total collapse of the water or food supply, .


IF enough people go sick in supply chains,utilities and transport we could
well see some of that occur ,


There's a difference between going sick and being forced to stay away because
you tested positive for a virus that hasn't even given you symptoms. Thats
a self inflicted problem.

Frankly I'm utterly sick ad tired of NHS staff crying wolf:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErN-sYIW...g&name=900x900



You are not alone in your point of view but if you are confident enough in
the situation is like you say it is are you and your immediately family
willing to knock up and carry something like an organ donor card with a


I had an organ donor card until they became redundant last year.

message on it something like “ Do not resuscitate if facilities are
overloaded ,give my place to someone else” and gamble on never having to
produce it.


If I was over 80 and my chances were low then yes.

Given the protests that have already happened under the current restrictions
getting more heavy handed I suspect would backfire badly.

You often refer to wartime, people who were likely to take too much time to


No I don't.

deal with such as foreigners who had left Europe to escape the fascists
were still put in interment camps with others
whose intentions may have been less desirable, the fallout was dealt with
later.
The Isle of Man may not be available but a couple of camps could quickly be
established on Salisbury Plain or for people from your area the big army
area in East Anglia which was taken over in WW2 and never given back.
Stanford ISTR, often used for location work on Dads Army.


Good luck doing that today with an army down to 80K soldiers.

this issue people like yourself may think you have a lot of support because
they shout loudest on social media they are probably a far smaller
percentage of the population than they think.


I don't particularly care. I'm not going to change my opinion because you and
other groupthinkers don't happen to agree with it.

  #150   Report Post  
Old January 11th 21, 06:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Sep 2012
Posts: 498
Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 16:32:13 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
tim... wrote:
just because very few under 35s are dying doesn't mean the they don't get
ill enough to be hospitalised

and take up beds and medical resources that might otherwise be needed for
people with other illnesses (of all ages)


Or even if not hospitalised, have long lasting serious effects; I have a
friend, a fit and healthy 48 year old who used to run 5k every day, who,
over six months after getting Covid, struggles to walk 200m without a rest.


I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Standard practice is to avoid risk if possible. Your cosmic rays
should be viewed in the context that you should instead be worrying
about UV radiation and taking appropriate precaustions. With diesel
exhausts you avoid sucking exhaust pipes or otherwise getting too
close; you should also maybe worry more about benzene from petrol
engine exhausts.
Other risks are standard parts of life. You mention cancer but not
what type; some are genetic, some are transmissable, some are induced
by contact with external agents. Again, the risk can often be reduced
with simple precautions.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
October half-term - 50% off all SWT off-peak day returns! Michael R N Dolbear London Transport 8 October 22nd 14 07:30 AM
"Mind the Gap Tube announcement returns after wife's plea" Sampo Smolander London Transport 1 March 11th 13 06:36 AM
Wood Lane roundel returns martin London Transport 8 May 18th 10 11:14 AM
Route 395 returns? Chris Read London Transport 5 July 28th 07 08:30 PM
Cheap Day Returns validity Paul Weaver London Transport 0 September 6th 04 06:29 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 London Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about London Transport"

 

Copyright © 2017