Old May 27th 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Strike Action

As you are all probably aware a ballot for strike action on london
underground is currently under way and the rankin file opinion is a
landslide in favour of industrial action.
The first strike date will be june 10th unless 'sir Ken' pulls his finger
out.
The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort of pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.
Our claim is simply £22.000 starting salary for C.S.A,32 hour 4 day week to
be implimented over a number of years ,35 hour parity with train ops now.
Equalisation of pension rights,return of priv rate travel as per pre
national rail privatisation.
Roll on June 10th

Old May 27th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"captain radio" wrote in message
As you are all probably aware a ballot for strike action on london
underground is currently under way and the rankin file opinion is a
landslide in favour of industrial action.
The first strike date will be june 10th unless 'sir Ken' pulls his finger
out.
The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort of

pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.
Our claim is simply £22.000 starting salary for C.S.A,32 hour 4 day week

be implimented over a number of years ,35 hour parity with train ops now.
Equalisation of pension rights,return of priv rate travel as per pre
national rail privatisation.
Roll on June 10th

I fully agree. Kick out the managers who are wasting resources.

Old May 27th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

£22,000 starting salary? 4 day week? 32 Hours? Surely you RMT lads are
having a laugh aren't you?

What makes you think you deserve that? (No doubt you'll quote something
along the lines of 'Well-everyone USED to get that').

Old May 28th 04, 02:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
gs gs is offline

On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:08:21 +0100, captain radio
wrote:
Roll on June 10th

Didnt manage to time this years action with the Euro 2000 championships??

Historically greedy underground staff disrupt services to coincide with
major sporting events

4 day week?
32 hours?

suppose you want a squash court next so when you takin the **** being off
work
for 18 months with a poorly ankle you can play squash with your mates from
work

some people eh?

No sympathy from me
Old May 28th 04, 05:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Roll on June 10th

Didnt manage to time this years action with the Euro 2000 championships??

Historically greedy underground staff disrupt services to coincide with
major sporting events

There is another 'big event' on June 10th though...

Steve.

Old May 28th 04, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , captain radio
writes
As you are all probably aware a ballot for strike action on london
underground is currently under way and the rankin file opinion is a
landslide in favour of industrial action.
The first strike date will be june 10th unless 'sir Ken' pulls his finger
out.
The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort of pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.
Our claim is simply £22.000 starting salary for C.S.A,32 hour 4 day week to
be implimented over a number of years ,35 hour parity with train ops now.
Equalisation of pension rights,return of priv rate travel as per pre
national rail privatisation.
Roll on June 10th

I believe that drivers work a 36 hour week, but are only paid for 35.

As LUL are currently recruiting SA's it seems funny that they are trying
to cut jobs in this area.

32 hour, 4 day week?

I do 32 hours in 3 days!!!!!
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this
Old May 28th 04, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

32 hour, 4 day week?

I do 32 hours in 3 days!!!!!

But sitting in a kiosk reading The Sun is a tiring job.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old May 28th 04, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , captain radio
writes
As you are all probably aware a ballot for strike action on london
underground is currently under way and the rankin file opinion is a
landslide in favour of industrial action.
The first strike date will be june 10th unless 'sir Ken' pulls his finger
out.
The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort of pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.
Our claim is simply £22.000 starting salary for C.S.A,32 hour 4 day week to
be implimented over a number of years ,35 hour parity with train ops now.
Equalisation of pension rights,return of priv rate travel as per pre
national rail privatisation.
Roll on June 10th

My opinion, FWIW, is that all SAs should be MF trained to better use
staff resources. That way a good increase to the starting salary would
be reasonable.
Two smaller breaks should be included in the working day; eight hours
plus on your feet with only a half hour unpaid meal-break is medieval.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old May 28th 04, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , John Rowland
writes
"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

32 hour, 4 day week?

I do 32 hours in 3 days!!!!!

But sitting in a kiosk reading The Sun is a tiring job.

As someone pointed out, they're still recruiting SAs; instead of being
envious you could apply...
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old May 28th 04, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I would like to see any of my staff siting in 'kiosk' and reading the
sun.Why don't you try standing on your feet for 7+ hours a day and dealing
with customers from stupid to plain obnoxious.People who think a uniform is
soft target and they can vent all there anger and agression on.Working all
hours to take home a decent working wage, if it is such a cushy number why
are there not people desperate to join?