Old June 1st 04, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Strike Action

On Mon, 31 May 2004 08:23:40 +0000 (UTC), gazza ]
wrote:

Two smaller breaks should be included in the working day; eight hours
plus on your feet with only a half hour unpaid meal-break is medieval.

I thought in most jobs meal breaks are unpaid? Certainly in all jobs
I've done.

Your right although the point being made is that outside of the
statutory break required by Law, they have no other breaks.

Again - same as every job I've done.

Old June 2nd 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , captain radio
writes

The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort of pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.

I see this number has gone from 700 to 800 to 960+ without any effort at
all.

And who is 'us' exactly?
Old June 2nd 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Andrew P Smith
writes

The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort of pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.
Our claim is simply £22.000 starting salary for C.S.A,32 hour 4 day week to
be implimented over a number of years ,35 hour parity with train ops now.
Equalisation of pension rights,return of priv rate travel as per pre
national rail privatisation.
Roll on June 10th

I believe that drivers work a 36 hour week, but are only paid for 35.

Quite true, but this is compensated by the disgusting amount of holidays
that we apparently get!
Old June 3rd 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

[...]

Hmm. I wonder if LU will print the correct figure this time if they take
out anti strike adverts. When they quoted the figures before, I phoned the
number that they gave and they said they knew nothing about it and gave me
the human resources no. I told HR that what they quoted was a load of
******** and explained how the "holiday" total was broken down. They
seemed most surprised!. Mind you, given that they decided to class leave
as unauthorised absence on the pay slips, perhaps that means we're not
getting any holidays at all :-)

Roger
(my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages
- if you think you should have had a reply/comment,
please e-mail me again. Ta!)
Old June 4th 04, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

gs wrote in message ...
Also ban eating on the underground. Ok a bit harsh but
would eventually lead to a cleaner underground similar to
what banning smoking did.

I wouldn't ban eating on the tube since I think most people do it occasionally
if they're in a hurry , I know I have (and where do you draw the line , do
you kick someone off for eating a polo mint? What about a biscuit?) but I
do think its time that LU started reintroducing bins. Theres no reason not to
have then since as we've seen terrorist hardly need them to cause chaos these
days.

B2003
Old June 4th 04, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
gs gs is offline

Default Ban Hot food on the tube (was Strike Action)

On 4 Jun 2004 01:50:12 -0700, Boltar wrote:

gs wrote in message
Also ban eating on the underground. Ok a bit harsh but
would eventually lead to a cleaner underground similar to
what banning smoking did.

I wouldn't ban eating on the tube since I think most people do it
occasionally
if they're in a hurry , I know I have (and where do you draw the line ,
do
you kick someone off for eating a polo mint? What about a biscuit?) but I
do think its time that LU started reintroducing bins. Theres no reason
not to
have then since as we've seen terrorist hardly need them to cause chaos
these
days.

B2003

I see your point but I many times have boarded a train
where hot smelly food has been eaten recently and forget the pong,
the rubbish left behind is disgusting.

Also had the misfortune to watch a small child eating a burger
on the train. The mayonnaise was oozing out of the burger and the child
was wiping it on the seats next to him whilst his mother was smiling
adoringly. Great news if you happen to sit next to him not.

If they banned hot food would be a start. Hard to enforce as people could
sneak food
onto the train but in the same way passengers would intervene if someone
lit a cigarette, peole could mention and try to discourage it.

regards

Old June 4th 04, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

do
you kick someone off for eating a polo mint? What about a biscuit?) but

do think its time that LU started reintroducing bins. Theres no reason
not to
have then since as we've seen terrorist hardly need them to cause chaos
these
days.

B2003

Also had the misfortune to watch a small child eating a burger
on the train. The mayonnaise was oozing out of the burger and the child
was wiping it on the seats next to him whilst his mother was smiling
adoringly. Great news if you happen to sit next to him not.

Yeah but I've seen small children on the tube with snot oozing out all over
with him wiping it on the seat. Tell you what lets ban small children? (It
would also cut down on overcrowding!)

Can't bins be made bomb proof? I thought that Westminster went through all
this and in the end put them back. I certainly don't blame people for not
taking their rubbish home with them.

Old June 4th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:27:08 +0100, "JB"
wrote:

Can't bins be made bomb proof? I thought that Westminster went through all
this and in the end put them back. I certainly don't blame people for not
taking their rubbish home with them.

They have litter bins in Israel and (AFAIAA) they have developed a
relatively bomb-proof one.....
--

ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
Please reply to the group
Old June 4th 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , JB
writes

Yeah but I've seen small children on the tube with snot oozing out all over
with him wiping it on the seat. Tell you what lets ban small children? (It
would also cut down on overcrowding!)

Excellent idea......

Can't bins be made bomb proof? I thought that Westminster went through all
this and in the end put them back. I certainly don't blame people for not
taking their rubbish home with them.

Blast resistant bins are available, but they will only resist a set
pressure level.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this