Old August 18th 04, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Off topic - Toyota Prius in London

Hi,

I hope this is not too much off-topic, but here goes:
Someone told me that the Toyota Prius owners do not pay the Ken
Livingstone tax, due to the hybrid nature of its motor.
Could anyone tell me if this is true or not?

TIA

Gus

Old August 18th 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Agustin wrote:
I hope this is not too much off-topic, but here goes:
Someone told me that the Toyota Prius owners do not pay the Ken
Livingstone tax, due to the hybrid nature of its motor.
Could anyone tell me if this is true or not?

Yes. According to ww.tfl.gov.uk you just have to pay a £10 per year
exemption registration charge

--
Tony Bryer

Old August 18th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Agustin wrote:

Hi,

I hope this is not too much off-topic, but here goes:
Someone told me that the Toyota Prius owners do not pay the Ken
Livingstone tax, due to the hybrid nature of its motor.
Could anyone tell me if this is true or not?

TIA

Gus

Yup...and you qualify for a 1000 pound government grant too....
Old August 18th 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Williams wrote:

I hope this is not too much off-topic, but here goes:
Someone told me that the Toyota Prius owners do not pay the Ken
Livingstone tax, due to the hybrid nature of its motor.
Could anyone tell me if this is true or not?

Yup...and you qualify for a 1000 pound government grant too....

....but you then have to drive a Prius

Old August 18th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Stimpy" wrote in message
Paul Williams wrote:

Yup...and you qualify for a 1000 pound government grant too....

...but you then have to drive a Prius

The grant is now £700 and the Prius II drives very, very well. (I'm talking
as someone who is thinking of getting one and not someone who's already
stuck with it!).

The only disadvantage I can think of is there's a waiting list until January
next year to get one.

Old August 19th 04, 06:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Agustin" wrote in message news
I hope this is not too much off-topic, but here goes:
Someone told me that the Toyota Prius owners do not pay the Ken
Livingstone tax, due to the hybrid nature of its motor.
Could anyone tell me if this is true or not?

I believe that, as an alternatively fuelled vehicle, it's exempt from the CC.

Also, I believe that City of Westminster give concessions on parking charges
to such vehicles.

Robin

Old August 19th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Robin Cox" wrote in message
"Agustin" wrote in message

news

Also, I believe that City of Westminster give concessions on parking

charges
to such vehicles.

Robin

Wow, I didn't know that. Another good reason to consider one.

Old August 19th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"JB" wrote in message ...
"Stimpy" wrote in message
Paul Williams wrote:

Yup...and you qualify for a 1000 pound government grant too....

...but you then have to drive a Prius

The grant is now £700 and the Prius II drives very, very well. (I'm talking
as someone who is thinking of getting one and not someone who's already
stuck with it!).

Very enviromentally sound, looks niceish from the outside but very plasticy
and nasty interior IMO which is a shame as it spoils would could otherwise be
a superb car.

B2003
Old August 19th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

The grant is now £700 and the Prius II drives very, very well. (I'm

talking
as someone who is thinking of getting one and not someone who's already
stuck with it!).

Very enviromentally sound, looks niceish from the outside but very

plasticy
and nasty interior IMO which is a shame as it spoils would could otherwise

be
a superb car.

B2003

I guess you pay your money and make your choices but I actually like the
driving area. All the features in the 7" touch screen and a completely
empty dash board. I think it looks cool - although I'm sure it's been done
so they can swing the steering wheel onto the other side for Europe and the
USA!

Old August 19th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
09:24:19 on Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Boltar remarked:
The grant is now £700 and the Prius II drives very, very well. (I'm talking
as someone who is thinking of getting one and not someone who's already
stuck with it!).

Very enviromentally sound

In the same sense that a coke-float made with Diet Coke (but normal
ice-cream) is dietetically sound?

Off Topic - Parking Wardens Paul London Transport 21 January 8th 07 10:20 AM
off topic Chris London Transport 0 January 25th 06 07:24 PM
Off Topic Money exchange G.Mizer London Transport 14 April 29th 05 10:17 PM
Slightly off-topic question Annabel Smyth London Transport 4 July 12th 04 03:06 PM
OFF TOPIC - Looking for Christopher Nicholas Joules1111 London Transport 0 October 4th 03 11:39 PM