Old July 16th 03, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

Dave wrote in message ...
Boltar writes
I'd like to se you do it any faster...

If I was trained and was part of a good team I'm damn sure I could.
When railtrack replaced the escalators at fenchurch street station it
took them..... ready for this?... ONE WEEK! It can be done if the
people doing it have a clue and give a sh*t.

And if you can't spot the difference between the two situations, then
I'm pretty glad that you won't ever be allowed near the workings of an
escalator.

Do the ones at fenchurt street run 12 hours a day? Yes.

Are they used by thousands of people every day? Yes.

Are they in a dirty enviroment and partially exposed to the elements? Yes.

So what do the LU ones have to do that others don't? Please explain cos I'm
all ears....

B2003

Old July 16th 03, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote in message ...
Boltar writes
More than likely. It took them 3 years to sort out all the escalators
at Holborn. Considering it took far less time than that to originally
build the station including installing the escalators you can only
laugh at the absurdity of it all.

It's often the case that building something is a lot quicker than
dismantling and replacing parts of it.

If the factory can build a car from scratch on less than an hour - why
is it that the garage takes two days to replace the engine?

Because they don't have access to the original factory equipment or manpower
to do it quicker. When you have those facilities you CAN do it as witnessed by
rally teams who can change an engine in 30 minutes. And as LU is fond of
telling us these escalators have gone back to the manufacturers factory
for some TLC where presumably they have all the people and equipment they
need. So that excuse doesn't wash. Next....

B2003
Old July 16th 03, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar writes
And as LU is fond of telling us these escalators have gone back to the
manufacturers factory

When have they ever said that?

--
Dave
Old July 16th 03, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar writes
And if you can't spot the difference between the two situations, then
I'm pretty glad that you won't ever be allowed near the workings of an
escalator.

So what do the LU ones have to do that others don't? Please explain cos I'm
all ears....

Sit down, have a nice cup of tea, put on your thinking cap, concentrate
*really* hard and you might just work it out.

--
Dave
Old July 16th 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG writes

Is the answer L.U. Is badly managed and bogged down with regulations
and paperwork and a contractor can't even blow his nose without getting
permission from a senior member of station management and a line
controller. While rail track was just badly managed?

I would answer that question, but then you'd probably only claim that I
was posting from an LU e-mail address.

--
Dave

Old July 17th 03, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote in message ...
Boltar writes
And as LU is fond of telling us these escalators have gone back to the
manufacturers factory

When have they ever said that?

I believe it was mentioned in Metro once. Or do you have other information?
Does the station manager have all the bits tucked away in the back room?

B2003
Old July 17th 03, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote in message ...
Boltar writes
And if you can't spot the difference between the two situations, then
I'm pretty glad that you won't ever be allowed near the workings of an
escalator.

So what do the LU ones have to do that others don't? Please explain cos I'm
all ears....

Sit down, have a nice cup of tea, put on your thinking cap, concentrate
*really* hard and you might just work it out.

Save the patronising for someone whos impressed by it. Just give us some
information as to why these escalators are so different from all others in
the world. If you have any that is which I doubt.

B2003
Old July 17th 03, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar writes
And as LU is fond of telling us these escalators have gone back to the
manufacturers factory

When have they ever said that?

I believe it was mentioned in Metro once.

Oh right. Well, we've already seen what you 'believe' to be true...

Does the station manager have all the bits tucked away in the back room?

Of course they do. a huge-big ****-off with all the parts required to
replace every single escalator on the system. And the only reason they
don't replace it in a single week is to **** you off.

--
Dave
Old July 17th 03, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar writes

I believe it was mentioned in Metro once.

Oh right. Well, we've already seen what you 'believe' to be true...

Does the station manager have all the bits tucked away in the back room?

Of course they do. A huge-big ****-off cupboard, with all the parts
required to replace every single escalator on the system. And the only
reason they don't replace it in a single week, is just to **** *you*
off.

--
Dave
Old July 18th 03, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote in message ...
Of course they do. a huge-big ****-off with all the parts required to
replace every single escalator on the system. And the only reason they
don't replace it in a single week is to **** you off.

Aww bless , he doesn't get sarcasm when he's not dishing it out himself.
The fact that you've yet to provide a single bit of evidence to back up your
arguments just proves that either you're a troll or you're full of it. Probably
both.

*plonk*

B2003