Old June 24th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle Line up the spout again

Usual thing, Train breaks down, takes an hour to bring another train up
to take them off, meanwhile people trapped underground in sweltering
heat.

I've got to go up to London tomorrow. I'm really not feeling confident
about taking the underground after this, the events on the Central Line
the other week and on the MML yesterday. I don't intend to take the
Central only the Northern Line, but as I'm prone to panic attacks I'd
rather avoid it as things like this play on your mind. Can anyone tell
me if there's a bus from Waterloo to Tottenhasm Court Road I could get?
Mind you I've got to get to London first.

Neill

Old June 24th 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

Old June 24th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neillw001 wrote:

Usual thing, Train breaks down, takes an hour to bring another train up
to take them off, meanwhile people trapped underground in sweltering
heat.

I've got to go up to London tomorrow. I'm really not feeling confident
about taking the underground after this, the events on the Central Line
the other week and on the MML yesterday. I don't intend to take the
Central only the Northern Line, but as I'm prone to panic attacks I'd
rather avoid it as things like this play on your mind. Can anyone tell
me if there's a bus from Waterloo to Tottenhasm Court Road I could get?
Mind you I've got to get to London first.

The number 1 is your friend. It stops in Waterloo Road.

Old June 24th 05, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
Neillw001 writes

I've got to go up to London tomorrow. I'm really not feeling confident
about taking the underground after this, the events on the Central Line
the other week and on the MML yesterday. I don't intend to take the
Central only the Northern Line, but as I'm prone to panic attacks I'd
rather avoid it as things like this play on your mind.

The temperature is forecast to be much lower tomorrow, but ...

Can anyone tell me if there's a bus from Waterloo to Tottenhasm Court
Road I could get? Mind you I've got to get to London first.

The No.1 goes direct from Waterloo to Tottenham Court Road. Pick it up
at stop K (close to the Imax Cinema roundabout at the south end of
Waterloo Bridge).

--
Paul Terry
Old June 24th 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Jun 2005 06:00:33 -0700, "Neillw001"

Usual thing, Train breaks down, takes an hour to bring another train up
to take them off, meanwhile people trapped underground in sweltering
heat.

I've got to go up to London tomorrow. I'm really not feeling confident
about taking the underground after this, the events on the Central Line
the other week and on the MML yesterday.

GNER surely?

Can anyone tell
me if there's a bus from Waterloo to Tottenhasm Court Road I could get?
Mind you I've got to get to London first.

Buses 1 or 176 run from Waterloo to TCR.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/pdf/waterloostn.pdf

This shows the routes and where to catch the buses from.

To be honest you could walk it comfortably via the South Bank,
Hungerford Bridge and then up Charing Cross Road / St Martin's Lane
having cut across T Sq.
--
Paul C

Old June 24th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps he means MML/Thameslink were stopped on Sunday with lines down -
spent a pleasant 2 hours in the breeze at Leagrave then took cab to Luton as
there was a rumour the slows were still going. Sadly it wasn't true. Then
out of the blue after about an hour, 2 trains were leaving, one was going
non-stop to Kings X, the other StAlbans, Kings X then on to Brighton. I
waved to all the people on the platforms as we went past. Wonder how long
they waited.
Both trains raced to Kings X, one on the slow and one on the fast - much
fun.
People think LU are bad at comunicating - Thameslink are masters at
non-comunicating.........

Mal

Old June 24th 05, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I should have said the Central Linee not the Circle. My bad, or maybe a
premonition..
Anyhow, thank for the info folks.

Neill

Old June 24th 05, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:25:11 GMT, "Malcolm Pinnell"
wrote:

Perhaps he means MML/Thameslink were stopped on Sunday with lines down -
spent a pleasant 2 hours in the breeze at Leagrave then took cab to Luton as
there was a rumour the slows were still going.

Some of us were in Derby attempting to get to London. Some of us were
told to travel via Birmingham just as a Central Trains departure to
Birmingham left the platform. Some of us were then fed a whole pack of
lies by Virgin Cross Country that we would be met at New Street and that
the connecting London Pendolino train would be held.

I'm so pleased that I didn't believe a word I was being told and I ran
like billy o to hear the whistle being blown as I hurtled down the
stairs to the London train. I caught it and attempted to stop it leaving
by explaining to both platform and on train staff about people being
behind me and needing the connection. However, Virgin let it leave thus
stranding goodness knows how many displaced Midland Mainline passengers
at New Street with a hour to wait. The train manager on the London train
said no one had told him to wait and that he was unable to contact the
control room.

We were then over 30 minutes late on an already extended journey time.
There was no at seat service, 3 toilets were blocked and out of service
and 3 coaches had no functioning air conditioning. To say it was
unpleasant is an understatement. And Virgin have the cheek to "rebrand"
the old BR slogan "the age of the train" as "the return of the train".
Well I would much rather have a railway system that could at least
function rather than flail around impersonating chaos.

People think LU are bad at comunicating - Thameslink are masters at
non-comunicating.........

Well Midland Mainline, Virgin, Central Trains and Network Rail are all
on my hit list after an utterly shambolic weekend of travel of which the
above tale is but one example. Awful, awful, awful.
--
Paul C

Old June 27th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neillw001 wrote:
me if there's a bus from Waterloo to Tottenhasm Court Road I could get?
Mind you I've got to get to London first.

As other people have shown , yes there is. But serious suggestion: why
not consider walking if you're reasonably fit. The bus will only get
stuck in traffic anyway and from waterloo to TCR its only about a mile
and a bit anyway. 25 mins and you'll be there , plus you won't have
forked out cash just to sit going nowhere in a sweaty bus.

B2003