Old July 5th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mornington Crescent

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Tom Anderson
writes

That was a good little match, chaps. Funnily enough, the opening was rather
reminiscent of Brooke-Taylor's devastating attack in his match against
IBM's Deep Tube computer back in '99.

Tea all over monitor.......

Yes, that's the one.

tom

--
[Philosophy] is kind of like being driven behind the sofa by Dr Who - scary, but still entertaining. -- Itchyfidget

Old July 6th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Now we have the Olympics, will there be a petition to get Mornington
Crescent as an Olympic sport?

Neill

Old July 8th 05, 03:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:56:35 +0100, Soulbass wrote:

Glad to have been of some service to you.

Now, can anybody explain 'Nip'?

No explanation is needed. Your problem is that you are looking in the
wrong place for the information. Try "knip".

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12119121.html
(142 043 with a bag over its coupler to keep the snow out, 23 Feb 2005)
Old July 18th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent
NJT NJT is offline

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:11:01 +0100 in alt.games.mornington.cresent,
SheWolf might well have written:
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:52:02 -0600, Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

If you wish to learn the rules, I suggest you consult a rulebook.

A pointer to such would be very helpful. I've listened to several "Sorry, I
Haven't A Clue" radio programmes and haven't been able to pick it up.

People that can successfully play it have earned my admiration though!

I thought it was last seen under Nyk's sofa?

Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

--
/__
\_|\/
Old July 20th 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent

James Farrar wrote:

If you wish to learn the rules, I suggest you consult a rulebook.

A pointer to such would be very helpful. I've listened to several "Sorry, I
Haven't A Clue" radio programmes and haven't been able to pick it up.

People that can successfully play it have earned my admiration though!

I thought it was last seen under Nyk's sofa?

Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

Can you re-arrange the fluff to make some new rules?

--
HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/

Old July 20th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent
NJT NJT is offline

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:57:34 +0100 in alt.games.mornington.cresent,
John A Fotheringham might well have written:

James Farrar wrote:

If you wish to learn the rules, I suggest you consult a rulebook.

A pointer to such would be very helpful. I've listened to several "Sorry, I
Haven't A Clue" radio programmes and haven't been able to pick it up.

People that can successfully play it have earned my admiration though!

I thought it was last seen under Nyk's sofa?

Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

Can you re-arrange the fluff to make some new rules?

Hang on, I'll have a look.

No, sorry, . It's all carpet-coloured. It might work if I used a
contrasting surface...

--
/__
\_|\/
Old July 20th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:34:25 +0100, NJT wrote:

I thought it was last seen under Nyk's sofa?

Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

Can you re-arrange the fluff to make some new rules?

Hang on, I'll have a look.

No, sorry, . It's all carpet-coloured. It might work if I used a
contrasting surface...

How about using a rule book, I think I've got one somewhere...
Old July 21st 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent

Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

Can you re-arrange the fluff to make some new rules?

Hang on, I'll have a look.

No, sorry, . It's all carpet-coloured. It might work if I used a
contrasting surface...

Try putting your rules through a Dyson. It really mixes up the
play somewhat
Old July 21st 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent
NJT NJT is offline

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:17:19 +0100 in alt.games.mornington.cresent,
John A Fotheringham might well have written:
Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

Can you re-arrange the fluff to make some new rules?

Hang on, I'll have a look.

No, sorry, . It's all carpet-coloured. It might work if I used a
contrasting surface...

Try putting your rules through a Dyson. It really mixes up the
play somewhat

Don't you have a problem with looping?

--
/__
\_|\/
Old July 21st 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.games.mornington.cresent
NJT NJT is offline

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:54:19 +0100 in alt.games.mornington.cresent,
Andy Macklin might well have written:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:34:25 +0100, NJT wrote:

I thought it was last seen under Nyk's sofa?

Although I do now have a sofa (see archives), I still can't see any
rulebooks under it. Just some fluff.

Will that do?

Can you re-arrange the fluff to make some new rules?

Hang on, I'll have a look.

No, sorry, . It's all carpet-coloured. It might work if I used a
contrasting surface...

How about using a rule book, I think I've got one somewhere...

Is that the one with the brick-red cover?

--
/__
\_|\/