Old July 24th 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford International (was DLR website updated recently?)

Clive D. W. Feather writes
In article , Dave
writes
When the ELL is extended to H&I [1], 8 trains per hour are proposed -
with the existing 4 trains per hour, that means 12 trains per hour (or
one every 3 mins).

Um: one every *five* minutes.

Indeed.

I can't even claim it was late at night. No excuses, just not engaging
brain!

--
Dave

Old July 25th 03, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

Is the Dalston Jc - Camden Rd section going to be expanded to 4 track
all the way? I'd have thought this would be sensible in order to
increase capacity along this stretch, though I suppose this depends on
how many freights are planned every hour through here. If the ELL is
extended to Finsbury Park (although there's no mention of this either
way on the ELL site) then those trains will have to cross the NLL on the
flat.

Angus

I seem to remember that in Alistair Darling's speech that the
extension to Finsbury Park had been ruled out due to "operational
complexities". Anyway, people can change to the Victoria Line at H&I.

dan
Old July 25th 03, 04:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , umpston
writes
I've read somewhere (possibly elsewhere on the DLR site) that new
platforms for the NLL would be provided on the north side of Stratford
Station - and that the service might also be extended from there to
Tottenham Hale, presumably via the Lee Valley line. Also that the NLL
route south of Canning Town would be abandoned.

I've seen this in other places, and put it on CULG as a result.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 26th 03, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , umpston
writes
I've read somewhere (possibly elsewhere on the DLR site) that new
platforms for the NLL would be provided on the north side of Stratford
Station - and that the service might also be extended from there to
Tottenham Hale, presumably via the Lee Valley line. Also that the NLL
route south of Canning Town would be abandoned.

It would be good to see passenger services on the Lea Valley line again, and
maybe even reopening of the station on Lea Bridge Road, and even one in the
Leyton area too on Ruckholt Road.... (the latter is just speculating).

Andrew

Old July 26th 03, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew" wrote in message

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , umpston
writes

I've read somewhere (possibly elsewhere on the DLR site)
that new platforms for the NLL would be provided on the
north side of Stratford Station - and that the service might
also be extended from there to Tottenham Hale, presumably
via the Lee Valley line. Also that the NLL
route south of Canning Town would be abandoned.

It would be good to see passenger services on the
Lea Valley line again, and maybe even reopening
of the station on Lea Bridge Road, and even one
in the Leyton area too on Ruckholt Road....

A service from Hackney to Tottenham Hale via Stratford? I still think this
is a terrible idea. I'd much rather see the DLR West Ham branch extended up
to Tottenham Hale. I think there's room without demolishing anything.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped