Old February 22nd 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster pre-pay deposit

I recently purchased an Oyster pre-pay card and was told that the £3
deosit was refundable. How do I go about getting the £3 refunded?

Old February 22nd 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb 2006 08:16:01 -0800, "Kevin" wrote:

And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered

How did you receive YOUR cards? :-)
Old February 22nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb 2006 08:16:01 -0800, "Kevin" wrote:

And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered I am surprised that LUL suggest sending it to 55 Broadway. I
suppose that they are hoping that for £3 people wont bother.

Indeed - the hoops you have to jump through hardly make it worthwhile.
When talking to people about getting an Oyster card I advise them to
treat the £3 as a non-refundable charge.

And anyway, UIVMM this is pretty much literally the case for
unregistered cards.
Old February 23rd 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently purchased an Oyster pre-pay card and was told that the £3
deosit was refundable. How do I go about getting the £3 refunded?

In sept 2005, I went into the ticket hall of a tube station and told the
person inside the booth I required a refund on my pre-pay oystercard.

He simply took it from me, and issued me a printed ticket.
One week later a cheque arrived trough the post with my £3 depoist plus the
additional money I had paid onto the card.

Old February 27th 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
(Kevin) wrote:

Larry Lard wrote:
wrote:
I recently purchased an Oyster pre-pay card and was told that the
£3 deosit was refundable. How do I go about getting the £3
refunded?

https://transportforlondon.custhelp....rtforlondon.cf
g/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid)

http://tinyurl.com/nbpgl

And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered I am surprised that LUL suggest sending it to 55 Broadway. I
suppose that they are hoping that for £3 people wont bother.

"Alternatively, please take your Oyster card to a Tube station ticket
office and they will explain what you need to do to get a refund." seems
more practical. Anyone done it?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 27th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
01:42:00 on Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered I am surprised that LUL suggest sending it to 55 Broadway. I
suppose that they are hoping that for £3 people wont bother.

"Alternatively, please take your Oyster card to a Tube station ticket
office and they will explain what you need to do to get a refund." seems
more practical. Anyone done it?

No, but I'll bet even money that the answer is "here's the address you
need to mail the card to".
Old February 27th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:26:52 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at
01:42:00 on Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
And given that any letter that would appear to have a credit card or
debit card in it is almost certainly going to get lost before it is
delivered I am surprised that LUL suggest sending it to 55 Broadway. I
suppose that they are hoping that for £3 people wont bother.

"Alternatively, please take your Oyster card to a Tube station ticket
office and they will explain what you need to do to get a refund." seems
more practical. Anyone done it?

No, but I'll bet even money that the answer is "here's the address you
need to mail the card to".

With the difference in price between Oyster and Paper tickets these
days, you only have to make about three journeys before you save the
"deposit" cost.

This in mind, I expect they'll drop the deposit business soon, and
just call it a "card setup fee". Anyone that wants to keep paying mega
inflated rates to get paper tickets rather than spend £3 on this "card
setup fee" will be perfectly able to do so.