Old December 27th 06, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default More trains on old WAGN lines

"Earl Purple" wrote in message
oups.com...

I couldn't find a table sorting them but I think this might be the
least used station. (the list doesn't include National Rail stations
that are not also underground ones)

Chesham
Annual entry and exit frequencies
Entry weekday total: 751 Exit weekday total: 591
Entry weekday early: 66 Exit weekday early: 5
Entry weekday A.M. peak: 393 Exit weekday A.M. peak: 101
Entry weekday inter peak: 150 Exit weekday inter peak: 95
Entry weekday P.M. peak: 109 Exit weekday P.M. peak: 249
Entry weekday evening: 33 Exit weekday evening: 141
Entry Saturday total: 455 Exit Saturday total: 463
Entry Sunday total: 180 Exit Sunday total: 148

Total annual entry + exit (in millions) = 0.407

No, I think the least used are Roding Valley 0.198, Chigwell 0.203 and
Grange Hill 0.227.

Peter Smyth

Old December 31st 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

whos2091 wrote:
South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station (for entries and exits),
ahead of places like Tower Hill, Moorgate and Westminster. They're not all
coming to Imperial...

18th? Interesting - is there a league table online you can point me to
please?

The stats themselves are available on the LU website, but the rank order
is something I have only seen on the intranet. I don't see why I can't
post the ordering here, seeing as the info is already available, just
unordered. Some font-fiddling may be required. The figures are the
combination of estimated annual entries and exits for 2005.

Rank Station Usage (M pax)
1 King's X St Pan 71.503
2 Victoria 67.823
3 Waterloo 67.396
4 Oxford Circus 63.056
5 Liverpool St 50.670
6 London Bridge 44.967
7 Bank & Monument 34.295
8 Paddington 34.293
9 Canary Wharf 34.210
10 Piccadilly Cir 33.761
11 Tottenham Ct Rd 30.799
12 Bond Street 29.570
13 Leicester Sq 29.544
14 Holborn 25.074
15 Green Park 24.893
16 Hammersmith (D) 24.525
17 Euston 24.157
18 South Kensingtn 23.970
19 Finsbury Park 23.418
20 Baker Street 20.725
21 Earl's Court 19.307
22 Stratford 18.866
23 Charing Cross 18.797
24 Brixton 18.597
25 Tower Hill 17.446
26 Embankment 17.203
27 Vauxhall 16.740
28 Notting Hill G 16.435
29 Moorgate 16.433
30 Knightsbridge 15.951
31 Westminster 15.731
32 Covent Garden 15.518
33 Camden Town 15.329
34 Farringdon 15.255
35 Angel 14.030
36 Ealing Broadway 13.508
37 Old Street 13.393
38 Elep't & Castle 13.173
39 Warren Street 12.670
40 Gloucester Road 12.587
41 Walthamstow Cen 12.055
42 Sloane Square 12.001
43 Highbury & Isl 11.822
44 High Street Ken 11.622
45 Chancery Lane 11.595
46 St James's Park 11.488
47 Blackfriars 11.309
48 St Paul's 11.172
49 Wimbledon 10.867
50 Bethnal Green 10.826
51 Tooting Bdy 10.567
52 Marble Arch 10.504
53 Seven Sisters 10.477
54 Barking 10.434
55 Shep. Bush (C) 10.387
56 Mile End 10.247
57 Russell Square 10.115
58 East Ham 10.052
59 Leyton 9.894
60 Whitechapel 9.660
61 North Greenwich 9.604
62 Balham 9.466
63 Marylebone 9.153
64 Finchley Road 8.836
65 Fulham Broadway 8.715
66 Wood Green 8.655
67 Euston Square 8.620
68 Bayswater 8.557
69 Heathrow T123 8.496
70 Barbican 8.157
71 Leytonstone 8.008
72 Harrow-on-the-H 7.855
73 Pimlico 7.740
74 Canada Water 7.650
75 Clapham Common 7.482
76 Turnpike Lane 7.389
77 Willesden Green 7.304
78 Canning Town 7.275
79 Upton Park 7.199
80 Aldgate East 7.140
81 Wembley Park 7.079
82 Manor House 6.945
83 Stockwell 6.924
84 West Hampstead 6.892
85 Goodge Street 6.725
86 Queensway 6.697
87 Clapham South 6.682
88 Kilburn 6.650
89 Tottenham Hale 6.634
90 Temple 6.621
91 Southwark 6.450
92 Archway 6.402
93 Holloway Road 6.298
94 Lancaster Gate 6.133
95 Hammersmith(HC) 6.043
96 Tooting Bec 6.039
97 Richmond 6.020
98 Barons Court 5.917
99 Golders Green 5.832
100 Swiss Cottage 5.830
101 White City 5.769
102 Morden 5.493
103 Acton Town 5.410
104 Uxbridge 5.409
105 Gt Portland St 5.378
106 St John's Wood 5.362
107 Blackhorse Road 5.312
108 Kentish Town 5.308
109 Turnham Green 5.227
110 Edgware Rd (C) 5.224
111 East Putney 5.121
112 Clapham North 5.022
113 Bermondsey 5.008
114 Southfields 4.986
115 East Finchley 4.982
116 Hendon Central 4.904
117 Belsize Park 4.840
118 Plaistow 4.777
119 Putney Bridge 4.700
120 Parsons Green 4.585
121 Oval 4.580
122 Bounds Green 4.574
123 West Kensington 4.476
124 Queen's Park 4.468
125 Aldgate 4.438
126 Colliers Wood 4.391
127 Ladbroke Grove 4.343
128 Mansion House 4.221
129 Southgate 4.159
130 Finchley Cen 4.145
131 H & Wealdstone 4.141
132 Caledonian Road 4.114
133 Cannon Street 4.094
134 Hampstead 4.054
135 Highgate 4.024
136 Hyde Park Cnr 4.020
137 Upminster 3.911
138 Gants Hill 3.799
139 North Acton 3.796
140 Bow Road 3.658
141 Woodford 3.638
142 Stepney Green 3.585
143 Warwick Avenue 3.433
144 Arnos Grove 3.416
145 Northfields 3.392
146 Chalk Farm 3.375
147 Dagenham H'way 3.225
148 Edgware Rd (B) 3.212
149 Rayners Lane 3.205
150 Kennington 3.196
151 Gunnersbury 3.172
152 Dollis Hill 3.168
153 Borough 3.158
154 South Woodford 3.141
155 Holland Park 3.129
156 Colindale 3.120
157 South Wimbledon 3.119
158 Edgware 3.114
159 Hounslow East 3.088
160 Regent's Park 3.085
161 South Ealing 3.077
162 East Acton 3.014
163 New Cross Gate 2.997
164 Ealing Common 2.961
165 Kew Gardens 2.957
166 West Ham 2.955
167 West Brompton 2.944
168 Mornington Cr 2.938
169 Maida Vale 2.931
170 Willesden Jn 2.927
171 Shep. Bush (HC) 2.897
172 Greenford 2.870
173 Northwick Park 2.867
174 Tufnell Park 2.801
175 Kilburn Park 2.772
176 Burnt Oak 2.756
177 Westbourne Park 2.704
178 Northolt 2.694
179 Newbury Park 2.678
180 Hounslow Cen 2.633
181 New Cross 2.620
182 Wembley Cen 2.614
183 Preston Road 2.576
184 Kingsbury 2.548
185 Lambeth North 2.546
186 Ravenscourt Pk 2.482
187 Neasden 2.479
188 Queensbury 2.417
189 Hounslow West 2.416
190 Bromley-by-Bow 2.409
191 Alperton 2.405
192 Stamford Brook 2.392
193 Oakwood 2.247
194 Stanmore 2.236
195 High Barnet 2.205
196 Harlesden 2.197
197 Becontree 2.178
198 Loughton 2.162
199 Hanger Lane 2.099
200 Eastcote 2.041
201 Brent Cross 2.007
202 Kensal Green 2.000
203 Elm Park 1.988
204 Wanstead 1.906
205 Redbridge 1.904
206 Amersham 1.900
207 Arsenal 1.881
208 Epping 1.875
209 Woodside Park 1.865
210 Stonebridge Pk 1.858
211 Pinner 1.854
212 Surrey Quays 1.853
213 Sudbury Hill 1.851
214 South Harrow 1.826
215 Snaresbrook 1.816
216 Chiswick Park 1.788
217 Latimer Road 1.786
218 Osterley 1.784
219 Hainault 1.772
220 Wimbledon Park 1.760
221 Hornchurch 1.710
222 Sudbury Town 1.701
223 Shadwell 1.662
224 Ruislip 1.649
225 Northwood 1.586
226 Hatton Cross 1.571
227 Goldhawk Road 1.568
228 Rickmansworth 1.564
229 Dagenham East 1.564
230 Perivale 1.551
231 Cockfosters 1.473
232 Upney 1.472
233 Boston Manor 1.466
234 Debden 1.459
235 Wapping 1.442
236 North Wembley 1.409
237 Buckhurst Hill 1.409
238 Totteridge & W 1.401
239 Royal Oak 1.382
240 Watford 1.354
241 Kenton 1.349
242 West Acton 1.337
243 Ruislip Manor 1.327
244 Park Royal 1.316
245 North Harrow 1.237
246 Canons Park 1.217
247 Rotherhithe 1.174
248 South Ruislip 1.173
249 Hillingdon 1.154
250 Chorleywood 1.115
251 Chalfont & Lat 1.110
252 Northwood Hills 1.109
253 West Finchley 1.029
254 West Ruislip 0.965
255 West Harrow 0.894
256 Upminster Br 0.856
257 North Ealing 0.851
258 Heathrow T4 0.831
259 Ickenham 0.820
260 Ken. (Olympia) 0.799
261 Mill Hill East 0.784
262 Shoreditch 0.748
263 Ruislip Gardens 0.636
264 South Kenton 0.632
265 Moor Park 0.627
266 Croxley 0.590
267 Barkingside 0.539
268 Theydon Bois 0.531
269 Fairlop 0.456
270 Chesham 0.407
271 Grange Hill 0.227
272 Chigwell 0.203
273 Roding Valley 0.198

--
Dave Arquati
Old January 1st 07, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Dave Arquati wrote:

whos2091 wrote:

South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station (for entries and
exits), ahead of places like Tower Hill, Moorgate and Westminster.
They're not all coming to Imperial...

18th? Interesting - is there a league table online you can point me to
please?

The stats themselves are available on the LU website, but the rank order
is something I have only seen on the intranet. I don't see why I can't
post the ordering here, seeing as the info is already available, just
unordered. Some font-fiddling may be required. The figures are the
combination of estimated annual entries and exits for 2005.

Thanks for the info.

Since you're in data-providing mode, you don't happen to know of (a)
something similar for NR stations or (b) something breaking the usage down
by line (while still retaining station granularity) do you? I feel like
drawing some maps showing the distribution of usage across the whole city!

tom

--
Like Kurosawa i make mad films; okay, i don't make films, but if i did
they'd have a samurai.
Old January 1st 07, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Dave Arquati
writes
whos2091 wrote:
South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station (for entries and exits),
ahead of places like Tower Hill, Moorgate and Westminster. They're not all
coming to Imperial...

18th? Interesting - is there a league table online you can point me to
please?

The stats themselves are available on the LU website, but the rank order
is something I have only seen on the intranet. I don't see why I can't post
the ordering here, seeing as the info is already available, just unordered.
Some font-fiddling may be required. The figures are the combination of
estimated annual entries and exits for 2005.

Rank Station Usage (M pax)
18 South Kensingtn 23.970
19 Finsbury Park 23.418

As there aren't any barriers at Finsbury Park for the NR interchange,
how do they collect the stats?

Bob
--
Bob Adams - email: bob55 at ntlworld dot com
Old January 1st 07, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

. li...

whos2091 wrote:

[...]

NR usage figures can be found here
http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1379

Peter Smyth

Old January 1st 07, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Adams wrote:
In message , Dave Arquati
writes
whos2091 wrote:
South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station (for entries and exits),
ahead of places like Tower Hill, Moorgate and Westminster. They're not all
coming to Imperial...
18th? Interesting - is there a league table online you can point me to
please?

The stats themselves are available on the LU website, but the rank order
is something I have only seen on the intranet. I don't see why I can't post
the ordering here, seeing as the info is already available, just unordered.
Some font-fiddling may be required. The figures are the combination of
estimated annual entries and exits for 2005.

Rank Station Usage (M pax)
18 South Kensingtn 23.970
19 Finsbury Park 23.418

As there aren't any barriers at Finsbury Park for the NR interchange,
how do they collect the stats?

Not sure, but probably from manual surveys, scaled up as appropriate.

--
Dave Arquati
Old January 1st 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

whos2091 wrote:

South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station

18th? Interesting - is there a league table online you can point me to
please?

The stats themselves are available on the LU website,

Since you're in data-providing mode, you don't happen to know of (a)
something similar for NR stations

NR usage figures can be found here
http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1379

Aha! Thanks!

tom

--
We don't contact anybody or seek anybody's permission for what we do. Even
if it's impersonating postal employees. -- Birdstuff