Old January 8th 07, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Most scenic route on the tube?

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Richard J. wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

(snip)

Of course if you walk it you'll be treated to some great view over
the river as you cross one of the two Hungerford Millennium
footbridges.

They're not Millennium bridges. You're perhaps thinking of that
interesting suspension bridge downstream. The bridges are officially
the Golden Jubilee Bridges.

Of course they are, your correction is appreciated. Though I am
thinking of the pair of Hungerford footbridges and not the
no-longer-wobbly Millenium Bridge.

I'm pretty certain they have some Millennium connection - were they not
a Millennium project, funded by the Millenium Commission?

However for reasons unknown my memory suggests that they were once
given the provisional moniker of the "Hungerford Millennium Bridges"
and were renamed to the Golden Jubilee Bridges given that they were
late for the Millennium. Given that I can find scant reference to
support this it seems I must have made it up.

http://www.lusas.com/case/bridge/hungerford.html
http://www.integer-software.co.uk/so...footbridge.htm
--
David Biddulph

Old January 8th 07, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Jan 2007 15:12:22 -0800, "Keith Raeburn"
wrote:

asdf wrote:
Acton Town Plt 5

Where's that?

On the north side of the station, next to the eastbound District line
platform. Now has advertising hoarings built over part of the trackbed.
There is/used to be a view of the platform area from the eastern of the
two footbridges, showing the stairs down and the platform still extant,
although the rebuilding work currently taking place at Acton Town may
now prevent this. The platform used to serve the District shuttle to
South Acton.

Oh, the TABWTKB.

Old January 9th 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

I prefer the view from Waterloo Bridge which is one of my favourite London views.

Paul

Which line of the *Underground* is Waterloo Bridge on??

Ian

(Admits to having been round the Underground in a day, but not seeing
this bit...!!)

Old January 9th 07, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . com, SamB
writes
I know they're not the shortest, but some of the DLR ones must be
pretty close, down near Canary Wharf. They're amazingly close... Anyone
know the distances?

Yes: they're on my web site.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old January 9th 07, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 9 Jan 2007 02:48:33 -0800, "Ian Rivett" wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

I prefer the view from Waterloo Bridge which is one of my favourite London views.

Paul

Which line of the *Underground* is Waterloo Bridge on??

None AFAIK.
--
Paul C