Old January 26th 07, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Most scenic route on the tube?

Back on topic, the north end of the Met is certainly a nice ride, but
then I'm biased as thats my stomping ground! The run from Moor Park
toward South Junction (where the line splits to Croxley and Ricky) is
very nice, wide open views across Croxley Moor and the Grand Union
Canal.

The ride up to Watford is pleasant, but you can't see far for the
trees!

Up to Amersham is also very nice, but again for the most part you can't
see much but trees and the back gardens of expensive houses.

Old January 26th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 7 Jan, 20:37, wrote:
What do you think is the most scenic route on the tube? Is it the Amersham
bit of the Metropolitain line?

OK - not quite underground, but Canning Town to City Airport is quite
impressive. Perhaps not "scenic" but impressive.

Old January 27th 07, 12:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:57:02 -0000, wrote:

What about Laxey-Ramsey? I understand that it's rather pretty.

Errr, well it is, I agree, but is it on the tube?
What about Laxey-Snaefell Summit?
While we're off topic, what about LLanberis-Snowdon Summit?
--
Fig
Old January 27th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fig" wrote in message newsp.tmshtzfjm4iaeb@dell...
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:57:02 -0000, wrote:

Errr, well it is, I agree, but is it on the tube?

It's not even in the country.

What about Laxey-Snaefell Summit?

That's also nice.