Old February 22nd 07, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

John Hearns wrote:

That sounds reasonable enough.

I will make my reply a little clearer, before Boltar starts to moan.
Ramps might be workable on open air stations on the suburban parts, with
trains such as the Met and District Lines. There are large platforms,
and space to store the ramps.

I would say they would be a very bad idea on the deep level Tube
platforms. Hence the idea for platform humps.

Old February 22nd 07, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb, 08:40, John Hearns wrote:
Paul G wrote:

Although I noticed Dagenham Heathway (which I used yesterday) is shown
as being wheelchair accessible and yet there's possibly half a foot
between the train floor height the platform

George the hump might help the
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...gePlatform.pdf

I've never seen one, but the document says there is a prototype at Holborn.

This, or something very similar to this, can IIRC be seen on all the
platforms of the Waterloo & City line since the renovation of last
year.

Old February 22nd 07, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

So thats six stations out of , what , 30 , 40? Are you suggesting
thats actually a useful amount?

Yes. You are saying that it isn't?

What if you are taking a flight from Heathrow?
You could (say) change from the Jubilee at Green Park and go straight to
a Heathrow terminal.
I could go on.
Old February 22nd 07, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

How exactly does someone in a wheelchair get out and push? Or are that
always supposed to rely on good samaritans to help or take a friend
along everywhere?

Many disabled people are accompanied.
If not, tip the chair back and push using the hands.
Or if an electric wheelchair, use the kerb climber on the front.

Old February 22nd 07, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

How exactly does someone in a wheelchair get out and push? Or are that
always supposed to rely on good samaritans to help or take a friend
along everywhere?

Your replies on this thread really aren't showing you in a good light.
Disabled people get around this city every day - by power of their own
muscles, electric traction or the help of parents, friends or carers.
And they're on your precious Tube system and buses. The very thought of it.

There - has he disapperared in a puff of incandescant rage yet then?

Old February 22nd 07, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Lifts are Green Park, for interchange with Jubilee.
Hammersmith for interchange with the District.
Earls Court for interchange with the District.
Heathrow terminals.
Caledonian Road.

So thats six stations out of , what , 30 , 40? Are you suggesting
thats actually a useful amount?

B2003

Green Park - interchange with Jubilee for journeys to Canary Wharf and
points East.

Hammersmith - shopping. Concerts at the Apollo?

Earls Court - jolly handy for exhibitions. And one stop to Olympia for
more exhibitions. Interchange with District, and one stop to points
Circular.

Heathrow terminals - for catching flights

Caledonian Road - not sure

Hounslow - not sure

Uxbridge - shopping. Going to Brunel Uni.

Old February 22nd 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John
Hearns writes

George he hump might help the
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...gePlatform.pdf

I've never seen one, but the document says there is a prototype at Holborn.

I'm pretty certain I saw one at Leicester Square before Christmas -
possibly the Holborn prototype being tried out at different stations, I
guess.
--
Paul Terry
Old February 22nd 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 22, 9:58 am, John Hearns wrote:
Yes. You are saying that it isn't?

Is that a babelfish translation from Korean or something?

What if you are taking a flight from Heathrow?
You could (say) change from the Jubilee at Green Park and go straight to
a Heathrow terminal.
I could go on.

Compared to the other combinations of journeys its a very small
amount.

B2003

Old February 22nd 07, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 22, 10:03 am, John Hearns wrote:
Boltar wrote:
How exactly does someone in a wheelchair get out and push? Or are that
always supposed to rely on good samaritans to help or take a friend
along everywhere?

Your replies on this thread really aren't showing you in a good light.

You mean I don't toe the politically correct party line? Tough. You're
confusing me with someone who gives a damn what other people think of
me.

Disabled people get around this city every day - by power of their own
muscles, electric traction or the help of parents, friends or carers.
And they're on your precious Tube system and buses. The very thought of it.

Good luck to them. Though if its such a breeze I'd suggest they try
the southbound northern line at kings X at around 8.30am in the
morning.
No lift? Packed platforms? Full trains that even able bodied can't get
on half the time? Whats the problem?

There - has he disapperared in a puff of incandescant rage yet then?

More like a rolling of the eyes as people ignore reality in
transparently desperate attempts to get right-on brownie points.

B2003

Old February 22nd 07, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

So thats six stations out of , what , 30 , 40? Are you suggesting
thats actually a useful amount?

Yes. You are saying that it isn't?

Odd , last time I viewed this post it was corrupted, now I can
actually see what you wrote. Anyway , it may be a useful amount if
only need those stations of routes via , but thats hardly a huge
proportion of the possible total.

B2003