Old February 23rd 07, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

It wouldn't be a case of whether I would , but whether I could. Have
you ever travelled on the tube in the rush hour?

I heard on the Internet that the rush hour Tubes in London are too
packed with wheelchairs for you to get on.

(And why the hell should I justify myself to you? I've travelled to work
in London via Tube, rail, bus, bike and river boat).

Old February 23rd 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
On Feb 22, 5:58 pm, Michael Hoffman wrote:
I really don't understand your insistence that disabled people need
to use the tube at peak hours in the busiest stations or it doesn't

Because if they're using the tube as a daily method of transport and
not as once-a-month day out (in which case why waste money on disabled
access, just pay for a dial-a-ride taxi) then they'll more than likely
be travelling in the rush hour unless they've managed to get special
dispensation from their boss to work different hours to everyone
else.

Not "everyone" works hours that require traveling in the peaks. Someone
who has difficulty traveling in the peaks would be more likely to seek a
job that did not require it.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old February 23rd 07, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, John Hearns wrote:

Boltar wrote:

[snip]

(And why the hell should I justify myself to you? I've travelled to work
in London via Tube, rail, bus, bike and river boat).

What, not space hopper?

tom

--
information distribution, vox humana, deviation, handle, feed, l.g. **
Old February 23rd 07, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
Boltar writes
I never said they didn't use the tube , I just said I'd not personally
seen them and given I use the tube twice a day 5 days a week I'd have
thought I'd have seen at least one or two in the last few years if
they were as common as you imply.

I spot a lot more Bromptons now I've got my own one. Sometimes you don't
spot things you aren't interested in. They definitely exist!

The other thing is, if one is wheelchair-bound and gets on the tube out
in the sticks (where it isn't so busy), it doesn't matter if the train
get busy, as long as others move aside to let the person off - and here
I think that umbrellas could help even if it isn't raining :P

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking
Old February 23rd 07, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 23, 11:15 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
This argument is going round in a circle.

Of course, arguments with trolls tend to!

Ah , some things never change on usenet. One mans opinion is another
mans trolling. Still , being called a troll is better than something
out of the PC book of "..ist" words.

B2003