Old March 21st 07, 05:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras 'Midland Road'

In message .com, at
10:55:05 on Wed, 21 Mar 2007, TimB remarked:
Having just slogged through all the planning documentation for the new KX
ticket hall, its all been designed for 12 tph suburban and 7 tph long
distance. I can't believe they are designing KX on the basis that these 12
services will disappear as soon as Thameslink is completed, so are these
suburban services going to be additional, if all current services are due to
go down the Thameslink route when its finished?

Well, the *ticket hall* can sell tickets for trains in the main shed
or Thameslink, doesn't matter which, I assume.

Although Thameslink does have its own new ticket office in St Pancras
(shared with MML and the kent Domestics).

Old March 22nd 07, 12:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

The only problem i can see with the 'Anglostar' name is if services
are run up north - i really can't see the Scots being happy with that
one!

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

Old March 22nd 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In ,
John Rowland typed:

Tom Anderson wrote:

The only problem i can see with the 'Anglostar' name is if services
are run up north - i really can't see the Scots being happy with that
one!

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

Isn't a Javelin just a very long knife?

--
Bob

Old March 22nd 07, 01:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:41:25 GMT, "Bob Wood"
wrote:

In ,
John Rowland typed:

Tom Anderson wrote:

The only problem i can see with the 'Anglostar' name is if services
are run up north - i really can't see the Scots being happy with that
one!

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

Isn't a Javelin just a very long knife?

Try slicing something with a javelin.
Old March 22nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
The only problem i can see with the 'Anglostar' name is if services
are run up north - i really can't see the Scots being happy with that
one!

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

"Master Cutler"?
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old March 22nd 07, 03:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

The only problem i can see with the 'Anglostar' name is if services are
run up north - i really can't see the Scots being happy with that one!

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

Cosh train?

Since we're moving away from Waterloo, perhaps we could stick two fingers
up at the French by calling it the Arrow Train instead .

tom

--
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.
Old March 22nd 07, 03:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Bob Wood" wrote in message

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

Isn't a Javelin just a very long knife?

More a kind of dart - and someone else already used that for a form of
transport.

--
Tim

"I do not approve of the words that came out of my mouth" - Jade Goody

Old March 22nd 07, 04:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

The only problem i can see with the 'Anglostar' name is if services are
run up north - i really can't see the Scots being happy with that one!

We need a British version of "Bullet Train". How about "Knife Train"?

Cosh train?

Since we're moving away from Waterloo, perhaps we could stick two fingers
up at the French by calling it the Arrow Train instead .

We've already had the "Golden Arrow". How about "The Longbow" instead?

:-)

--
What New Labour are in favour of is commerce. Privatise the economy, nationalise the people.
Old March 22nd 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote

Since we're moving away from Waterloo, perhaps we could stick two fingers
up at the French by calling it the Arrow Train instead .

Golden Arrow?

Peter