Old November 2nd 07, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default A10 crossroads with Carterhatch Lane

"John Rowland" wrote in message
David A Stocks wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in

It looks to me like physical constraints dictate that lane 5 is
rather short and traffic waiting there would tail back preventing
other traffic from reaching lanes 1-4.

Actually, the turning right lanes here are significantly longer than those
at all other Great Cambridge Road traffic lights in London, except
Bullsmoor Lane.

It looks to me like no more than 6-7 cars could wait to turn right off the
A10 Northbound, which is a lot less than any of the other junctions I can
see scrolling up and down the road on Google Earth. I don't know the road at
all, but it's almost certainly a case of 'short, relative to the quantity of
traffic making the right turn'.

There is a junction on the A270 in Hove (near where I live) which is
even more constrained in that right turning traffic has to slew
across in front of the waiting 'ahead' traffic before making the
right turn.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...oc=addr &om=1

That's horrendous.

It is, but it sort of works. Fortunately the traffic speeds are relatively
slow (30 mph limit, and it's one of a series of closely spaced junctions on
the main road) so if it goes wrong it's just expensive rather than fatal.
The alternatives would involve a lot of demolition or banning right turns
altogether.

D A Stocks

Old November 2nd 07, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:56:20 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , roadrunner
says...

You will be waiting a long time for him to name several within 12
miles; he is prone to exaggeration.

Maybe not within 12 but certainly within 20...

Bridlington. A614 junction with Bessingby Road. (technically not a X
roads but a T junction that works in the same order)

Beverley. Norwood Junction with New Walkergate.

Hull. Beverley Road junction with Cottingham Road.

Hull. Beverley Road Junction with Greenwood Avenue.

In fact, many of them in Hull work that way.

I bet that gave you something to do on your little run out -
shouldn't you have been concentrating on the road rather than on
traffic light sequences.

(PS : I can see why you're always getting lost, if you think that Hull
is within 12 miles of the A10 crossroads and Carterhatch Lane)
Old November 2nd 07, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

In article , roadrunner
says...

I bet that gave you something to do on your little run out -

Not really, I've not been down those roads for a while.

shouldn't you have been concentrating on the road rather than on
traffic light sequences.

Err, no because I'm a competent driver so being aware of everything
going on is important but thanks for confirming how **** you are.

(PS : I can see why you're always getting lost, if you think that Hull
is within 12 miles of the A10 crossroads and Carterhatch Lane)

I don't but it demonstrates how much of a retard you are as you seem to
be the only person here who was unable to work out that I meant in
relation to where I live.

--
Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
Old November 2nd 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:51:00 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , roadrunner
says...

I bet that gave you something to do on your little run out -

Not really, I've not been down those roads for a while.

You must think other people are as gullible yourself.

Of course you did not drive that way and looked out for them - it's
just coincidence that they just all happened to be on the same route.
Odd, given all the miles you do that you didn't just recall any
anywhere else.

The term - lying **** springs to mind.

Old November 3rd 07, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

In article , roadrunner
says...

Of course you did not drive that way and looked out for them - it's
just coincidence that they just all happened to be on the same route.

Because it is a road I've commuted down over the years many many
hundreds of times and when I visit the centre of Hull, is the main road
from Driffield.

Odd, given all the miles you do that you didn't just recall any
anywhere else.

I can give you the locations of most of the speed cameras on the A1
between Blyth and Peterborough OTTOMH. I've only been down that stretch
of the A1 once in the last 6 months, a week last Wednesday, BUT I used
to do it 5 nights a week for 2 years.

The term - lying **** springs to mind.

Whatever.

As I do over 2000 miles most weeks, I'd say I've seen a lot more than
you're likely to.

Old November 4th 07, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:26:25 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , roadrunner
says...

Of course you did not drive that way and looked out for them - it's
just coincidence that they just all happened to be on the same route.

Because it is a road I've commuted down over the years many many
hundreds of times and when I visit the centre of Hull, is the main road
from Driffield.

Odd, given all the miles you do that you didn't just recall any
anywhere else.

I can give you the locations of most of the speed cameras on the A1
between Blyth and Peterborough OTTOMH. I've only been down that stretch
of the A1 once in the last 6 months, a week last Wednesday, BUT I used
to do it 5 nights a week for 2 years.

The term - lying **** springs to mind.

Whatever.

As I do over 2000 miles most weeks, I'd say I've seen a lot more than
you're likely to.

Not with you - alot more what?
Old November 5th 07, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:55:19 +0000, roadrunner wrote:

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:26:25 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , roadrunner
says...

[...]

Come on now Conor - answer the question - or are you admitting you've
lost the plot.

I can see why the bloke called Doug ****es all over you.

Old November 7th 07, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

roadrunner wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:55:19 +0000, roadrunner wrote:

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:26:25 -0000, Conor
wrote:

In article , roadrunner
says...

[...]

Doug's condition has deteriorated that much, has it?