Old November 8th 07, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Silverlink Strike

Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly strike by
Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but not sure why the
passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose that when they do go back
to work normally they will want soem sort of bonus for working a full week.
The rest of the Silverlink staff don't seem to give a stuff, very little
information but then I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the passengers
because they are losing their franchise.

Kevin

Old November 9th 07, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Nov, 22:21, "Zen83237" wrote:
Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly strike by
Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but not sure why the
passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose that when they do go back
to work normally they will want soem sort of bonus for working a full week.
The rest of the Silverlink staff don't seem to give a stuff, very little
information but then I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the passengers
because they are losing their franchise.

Kevin

You should change the Silverlink word to National Express.... Their
the ones that are saying f**k off to the passengers not the Silverlink
staff. Even Midland Mainline drivers are striking for similar reasons.
National Express don't give a monkeys about Silverlink or Midland
Mainline as they are losing the franchises on Saturday. Drivers WILL
NOT get any bonuses they lose a days pay for going on strike.
It is a shame that ASLEF are not as vocal as the RMT.

Old November 9th 07, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dazz285 wrote:
On 8 Nov, 22:21, "Zen83237" wrote:
Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly
strike by Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but
not sure why the passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose
that when they do go back to work normally they will want soem
sort of bonus for working a full week. The rest of the Silverlink
staff don't seem to give a stuff, very little information but then
I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the
passengers because they are losing their franchise.

Kevin

You should change the Silverlink word to National Express.... Their
the ones that are saying f**k off to the passengers not the
Silverlink staff.

Funny. I thought it was the staff who went on strike, not the
management.

Even Midland Mainline drivers are striking for similar reasons.

How about telling us what these reasons are?

--
Richard J.

Old November 9th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 9, 4:13 pm, "Richard J." wrote:
How about telling us what these reasons are?

Usual rail industry reason no doubt - they've suddenly decided they
don't like their contractual conditions. Contracts which presumably
they were quite happy to initially sign when they started the job. If
the company have broken these conditions then the union should take
them to court , otherwise they should get back to work and quit
whinging or get another job.

B2003

Old November 9th 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:21:43 -0000, "Zen83237"
wrote:

Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly strike by
Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but not sure why the
passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose that when they do go back
to work normally they will want soem sort of bonus for working a full week.
The rest of the Silverlink staff don't seem to give a stuff, very little
information but then I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the passengers
because they are losing their franchise.

Kevin

Had en excellent journey from Euston to Watford Junction on Silverlink
this morning. The 12 car train was practically empty. Looked like
everyone thought no trains were running.

Dave

Old November 10th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly strike by
Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but not sure why the
passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose that when they do go back
to work normally they will want soem sort of bonus for working a full week.
The rest of the Silverlink staff don't seem to give a stuff, very little
information but then I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the passengers
because they are losing their franchise.

Kevin

Had en excellent journey from Euston to Watford Junction on Silverlink
this morning. The 12 car train was practically empty. Looked like
everyone thought no trains were running.

No trains north of Tring, last train about 17:00 from Euston to
Tring.

Instead it's a 90 mile round trip in the car, which is bloody
expensive to do every week in addition to the monthly season ticket. I
assume the strike days are void days, which doesn't help unless I
renew my ticket, and even then will just give me free travel on a
Friday, Satruday and Sunday, which is rather pointless.

Old November 13th 07, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Zen83237" wrote in message
Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly strike by
Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but not sure why the
passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose that when they do go back
to work normally they will want soem sort of bonus for working a full
week. The rest of the Silverlink staff don't seem to give a stuff, very
little information but then I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the passengers
because they are losing their franchise.

Yesterday at Bushey I counted 7 Silverlink staff checking for valid tickets.
If I wasn't in a hurry to get the train I would have given them a proper
bollocking.

Old November 14th 07, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Movilla wrote:
"Zen83237" wrote in message
Why is there so little on the news and here about the now weekly
strike by Aslef on Silverlink. I gather it is pension related but
not sure why the passengers should be forced to suffer. I suppose
that when they do go back to work normally they will want soem
sort of bonus for working a full week. The rest of the Silverlink
staff don't seem to give a stuff, very little information but then
I guess they have an easy day.
I guess this is Silverlink's way of saying f**k off to the
passengers because they are losing their franchise.

Yesterday at Bushey I counted 7 Silverlink staff checking for valid
tickets. If I wasn't in a hurry to get the train I would have given
them a proper bollocking.

If it was 12 November, they weren't Silverlink staff. Do keep up!
:-)
--
Richard J.
Old November 14th 07, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
Movilla wrote:
"Zen83237" wrote in message
Yesterday at Bushey I counted 7 Silverlink staff checking for valid
tickets. If I wasn't in a hurry to get the train I would have given
them a proper bollocking.

If it was 12 November, they weren't Silverlink staff. Do keep up!

I didn't have time to check their uniform but it _was_ the same staff. I
recognised one of them from last time.

Are Silverlink staff just changing their clothing or is this a genuine
change? New owners, same staff.

I'm wondering if the weekly Friday strike will be on again.