Old August 31st 03, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Traffic wardens

The people in black and white uniforms, who do they belong to ?
They patrol the A3 red route from Clapham to Soutwark.

Reason for enquiry, is so I know where to send a suggestion.

I want to know why they are (at least 4 of them) always in a
minibus/people carrier, always stuck in the traffic. This is usually
due to some idiot who's stopped on the red route, which I encounter
further up the road.

Surely it would be better for them to be on scooters ?

Old August 31st 03, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:33:47 +0100, David Cowie
wrote:

Surely it would be better for them to be on scooters ?

Better yet bicycles !
Old August 31st 03, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Surely it would be better for them to be on scooters ?

Or maybe those Segways. Incase you dont know what they are, look he
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...Dsegway%5Ftn%5
Fleft/103-5666769-7421408
The Parking Attendants in Aylesbury are useless, theres only 17 to patrol
the whole Vale towns (ie: Aylesbury, Wendover etc.) and theyre introducing
more residents parking, they need loads more to be effective - at least 30
to work different shifts.
--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out

Old August 31st 03, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
df df is offline

David Cowie wrote in message
The people in black and white uniforms, who do they belong to ?
They patrol the A3 red route from Clapham to Soutwark.

Reason for enquiry, is so I know where to send a suggestion.

I want to know why they are (at least 4 of them) always in a
minibus/people carrier, always stuck in the traffic. This is usually
due to some idiot who's stopped on the red route, which I encounter
further up the road.

Surely it would be better for them to be on scooters ?

It's funny you have mention about traffic wardens and their vehicles. I
travel frequency up and down Holloway Road (A1) and there are a number of
traffic warden squads to police the bus lanes and red line routes but what I
don't understand while one person is out giving a ticket to a delivery van
THREE other traffic wardens are sitting comfortable in their Vauxhall Astra
blocking the road. It's so frustrating if a vehicle is blocking a road but
it's even more so to know tax payers are paying 4 traffic wardens wages 1
for issuing tickets, 1 as a driver and 2 for the ride.

As for your first question it sounds to me they are council traffic wardens
providing a steady income for the local councils unknown entertainment
expenses. The ones in black with yellow bands around their caps (pretending
to be Hitler's Police) are supposed to police organised traffic wardens. The
scruffy council estate looking traffic wardens with over sized jackets are
local council.

daveF

Old September 1st 03, 01:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Please remember when replying to this thread that there is a difference
between a:
"Traffic Warden" who is employed by the police force for your region. And
"Parking Enforcement Officer" who is employed by your regional council.

Whilst it is generally acceptable to abuse/run over a Parking Enforcement
Officer because their sole purpose in life is the generation of revenue for
their employers, Traffic Wardens are generally there to keep the traffic
flow moving. I agree that some of the rules they have to enforce are quite
bad, but they don't any money out of it. Unlike their colleagues who are
employed specifically to generate revenue through other peoples misery.

So please ensure you abuse the right person when replying to a thread such
as this one.

Thanks

Old September 1st 03, 04:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

[...]

Although I know that a Traffic Warden, apart from ticketing people is to
control traffic using hand signals, and is employed by the police. The
Parking Attendants help keep the roads clear because everyone has heard of
them in the local paper and has a fear of them :-) so park legally.

Old September 1st 03, 06:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Just me and the world
writes
hilst it is generally acceptable to abuse/run over a Parking
Enforcement Officer because their sole purpose in life is the
generation of revenue for their employers,

And at the same time keeping the roads clear of brain dead motorists
illegally parking causing traffic problems for everyone trying to get
round them but not really giving a ****.
E.g. the person who decided to write a text message on his phone but
decided to pull over first. Safety first and all that. But parked just
before a crossroad's. Causing traffic to go round and eventually block
both directions of traffic.
I think there should be more parking enforcement officers. Im fed up of
being on a bus not going anywhere because its trying to go round someone
who is waiting for their girlfriend/boyfriend/son to come out of
McDonalds/BurgerKing/KFC and going round to a side street would be too
much effort for their girlfriend/boyfriend/son to walk that far.
Bring them on 6am-11pm I say.
--
CJG