Old December 8th 08, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Photography at railway stations

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 9:41?am, "Albert" wrote:
wrote in message

I am going to reproduce below the entire Section 9 statement I have
made .......

Don't forget to keep us all updated as to any developments.

Thanks for all the replies!

I will certainly keep this forum updated: I have received a letter
from the P.A. to the Chief Executive of Network Rail today, promising
a full reply later.

I have certainly thought of contacting the press, but will first await
the outcome of the Railtrack and Police investigations.

One small point if you are taking this on Marc, is that the Network Rail
(not Railtrack) 'photography ' rules you quote are a part of the rules for
'rail enthusiasts'. But, if in the general case you were clearly just a
passenger waiting for a train for which you had a ticket, why would you
need to be aware of the rules for rail enthusiasts?

I don't think that they think there is a difference. The assumption appears
to be that if you are taking a picture of a train you are an "enthusiast".
The idea that you might be a tourist just taking a picture doesn't cross
their mind.

And mostly I am the latter. Whilst I post to this group, I don't really
have an interest in "trains", but in "train-travel" so usually I am taking a
picture of a train as a tourist.!

FWIW I have recently been stopped from taking pictures of AVE in Spain and
the metro in Tunis. The latter being most ridiculous as it is street
running outside of the "platform" area!

tim