Old February 4th 09, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default UTLer in the news

On Feb 4, 9:05*pm, Adrian wrote:
MIG gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

That was certainly my first thought, but I completely and utterly fail
to comprehend any circumstances where blocking an ambulance service
fast response vehicle, then locking gates on them, because they
"shouldn't be driving on the grass" is even remotely acceptable.

The story doesn't do itself much credit. *It repeatedly refers to the
car as an "ambulance", despite it being one of these
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg.

Yup, an ambulance service fast response vehicle, staffed by a paramedic.
The vehicle they send so as to get expert medical help to an incident
faster than a full-fat ambulance may be able to get there.

Although probably not in the Yorkshire colours (may have been less
garish). In London I see a lot of paramedic motorbikes these days,
which makes a lot of sense.

Old February 4th 09, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Yup, an ambulance service fast response vehicle, staffed by a
paramedic. The vehicle they send so as to get expert medical help to an
incident faster than a full-fat ambulance may be able to get there.

Although probably not in the Yorkshire colours (may have been less
garish).

Unlikely.
Green battenburg's fairly standard for ambulance service nationally.
Old February 4th 09, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:05:40 on Wed, 4
Feb 2009, Adrian remarked:
Yup, an ambulance service fast response vehicle, staffed by a paramedic.
The vehicle they send so as to get expert medical help to an incident
faster than a full-fat ambulance may be able to get there.

What I don't really understand is why they had to send an ambulance at
all. It was a busy annual city-centre carnival event. Why weren't there
ambulance staff (St Johns if not NHS) on site already?
Old February 4th 09, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Adrian wrote:

MIG gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Yup, an ambulance service fast response vehicle, staffed by a
paramedic. The vehicle they send so as to get expert medical help to an
incident faster than a full-fat ambulance may be able to get there.

Although probably not in the Yorkshire colours (may have been less
garish).

Unlikely. Green battenburg's fairly standard for ambulance service
nationally.

Paragraph 4.10 in the report Mr Smyth posted says:

The 4 x 4 vehicle was marked clearly as a paramedic vehicle in bold red
and green colouring

And also that it was a Honda CRV, like the one in MIG's picture.

Red and green sounds horrible.

tom

--
In other news, has anyone here read Blindness? Does it get better after
the 30 page mark, is does the whole thing read like a sentimental fairy
Old February 4th 09, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, MIG wrote:

On Feb 4, 9:05*pm, Adrian wrote:
[...]

There's also a bicycle paramedic, with huge panniers full of paramedicine
etc. He's been along with the Critical Mass rides on occasion (possibly
always, but i haven't always spotted him). I don't know what he does the
rest of the time.

Thinking about it, there was also a cycling paramedic in Oxford. I was
around when a guy fell out of a tree and donked his head on a concrete
wharf, and he showed up to treat him. It was he

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.7...=17&iwloc=addr

Where an ambulance couldn't have reached (due to bollards) and even a
motorbike would have had trouble.

Wasn't the best picnic i've been to.

tom

Old February 5th 09, 12:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, James Farrar wrote:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/c8zpw5

He also seems to have nicked a potion of youth from the ambulance
while he was at it!

It's a nine year old photo!

I could say more but *I'm* not going to abuse a quasi-judicial process by
conducting a trial by media before the hearing which is on Wednesday
*next* week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 5th 09, 12:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 4, 10:47*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:05:40 on Wed, 4
Feb 2009, Adrian remarked:

Yup, an ambulance service fast response vehicle, staffed by a paramedic.
The vehicle they send so as to get expert medical help to an incident
faster than a full-fat ambulance may be able to get there.

What I don't really understand is why they had to send an ambulance at
all. It was a busy annual city-centre carnival event. Why weren't there
ambulance staff (St Johns if not NHS) on site already?

Basically, the article doesn't make sense and has sneaky hints that it
doesn't back up (particularly the URL).

I'm not so much interested in speculating, but the article is clearly
a dud and not to be trusted.

I know that's true of everything in the papers, but this one seems to
be particularly bad.

Old February 5th 09, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Although probably not in the Yorkshire colours (may have been less
garish).

Unlikely. Green battenburg's fairly standard for ambulance service
nationally.

Paragraph 4.10 in the report Mr Smyth posted says:

The 4 x 4 vehicle was marked clearly as a paramedic vehicle in bold
red and green colouring

And also that it was a Honda CRV, like the one in MIG's picture.

Red and green sounds horrible.

Indeed.

One Cambridgeshire/East-of-England ambulance service Honda CRV fast
response vehicle...

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/...cture-library/
KDW_9_EAAMB_240702.JPG
Old February 5th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Adrian wrote:

Tom Anderson gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Although probably not in the Yorkshire colours (may have been less
garish).

Unlikely. Green battenburg's fairly standard for ambulance service
nationally.

Paragraph 4.10 in the report Mr Smyth posted says:

The 4 x 4 vehicle was marked clearly as a paramedic vehicle in bold
red and green colouring

And also that it was a Honda CRV, like the one in MIG's picture.

Red and green sounds horrible.

Indeed.

One Cambridgeshire/East-of-England ambulance service Honda CRV fast
response vehicle...

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/...AMB_240702.JPG

Huh. It does rather look like that's an error in the report, then.

tom

--
He's taking towel fandom to a whole other bad level. -- applez, of coalescent