Old February 5th 09, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

Default UTLer in the news

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, MIG wrote:

On Feb 5, 2:48*pm, magwitch wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
13:21:35 on Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Tom Anderson
remarked:

* The 4 x 4 vehicle was marked clearly as a paramedic vehicle in bold
* red and green colouring

Huh. It does rather look like that's an error in the report, then.

Haven't found any red and green yet.

Red/green colour-blindness?

Should Colin have a test? This sounds increasingly like a plausible
Rumpole-style defence.

There was an episode about a defendant who was belatedly found to be
illiterate and hence unable to have read and signed his police confession.-

"I was approaching the red traffic light, so the Doppler effect made it
appear green." I have a feeling that one may actually have been tried.

Then they'd just do you for speeding, though.

tom

--
GOLDIE LOOKIN' CHAIN [...] will ultimately make all other forms of music
both redundant and unnecessary -- NTK

Old February 5th 09, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

In article ,
(Alan Braggins) wrote:

In article op.uov5p4nehaghkf@lucy, Duncan Wood wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:09:00 -0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 17:44:07 on
Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Alan Braggins remarked:
Elsewhere in the report he says that it is green and yellow down the
side, red and yellow check to the rear end, and that it displays the
word ambulance (in unspecified colours).

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dcp01118.jpg

The description of the vehicle as marked "in bold red and green
colouring"

I suppose you could interpret the vehicle pictured above as "White and
Yellow" with "Red and Green markings", but it wouldn't be my most
intuitive way of expressing it.

Yup, most of us would refer to it as an ambulance:-)

So does the report of course. The word "ambulance" being in bold red on
the back and bold green on the front might be what was being referred to
in that bit of the description. (Assuming the back of the CR-V involved
has similar coloured lettering to The A-class in Roland's photo.
Possibly "red and yellow check" actually refers to a similar pattern to
the photo too. Not that it's relevent.)

A Honda based ambulance matching the general description today passed me
earlier today and I noted that the primary markings really are the
yellow and green on the right and left sides. The rear and front retain
mostly the underlying silver/grey colour of the vehicle, and the
low-profile light-bar could easily be confused with some arbitrary
roof-mount unless lit.

Basically, more like this:
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/P1150231.jpg without the yellow
bonnet.
Old February 5th 09, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

Duncan Wood wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 20:46:19 -0000, magwitch wrote:

Duncan Wood wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:56:12 -0000, Alan Braggins
wrote:

Well it's sitting in Milton during the rush hour & seems to attend
the middle of town fairly often & most of the large scale events.

Are you one of those ambulance chasers then?

Not according to my tax return :-)

I meant as a hobby.
Old February 5th 09, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

In message , at
20:46:39 on Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Tom Anderson
remarked:
It's the newspapers that are claiming the paramedic's car was red and green.

It was the official council investigating commissar's report that did.
Possibly the papers did too, but i haven't looked at those.

The papers quoting the commissar, then.
Old February 5th 09, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

In article , magwitch wrote:

Yeah but if he can't read... see what I'm getting (doggedly) at?

Have you considered a reading test? (And no, not for Colin.)

Old February 5th 09, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

In article , Espen Koht wrote:
A Honda based ambulance matching the general description today passed me
earlier today and I noted that the primary markings really are the
yellow and green on the right and left sides. The rear and front retain
mostly the underlying silver/grey colour of the vehicle, and the
low-profile light-bar could easily be confused with some arbitrary
roof-mount unless lit.

Basically, more like this:
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/P1150231.jpg without the yellow
bonnet.

An earlier post http://groups.google.co.uk/group/cam...872659b40f31de
(which has X-No-Archive so will expire soon) linked to
http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/...iew_fullscreen
"Which differs only in the registration number."
Old February 5th 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

MIG wrote:

"I was approaching the red traffic light, so the Doppler effect made
it appear green." I have a feeling that one may actually have been
tried.

That was Sir Hermann Bondi's joke (in case you're interested).
Old February 5th 09, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 5, 10:52*pm, Alex Selby wrote:
MIG wrote:
"I was approaching the red traffic light, so the Doppler effect made
it appear green." *I have a feeling that one may actually have been
tried.

That was Sir Hermann Bondi's joke (in case you're interested).

Not now that Tom has pointed out the flaw in the defence.
Old February 5th 09, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , magwitch wrote:
Yeah but if he can't read... see what I'm getting (doggedly) at?

Have you considered a reading test? (And no, not for Colin.)

Careful Alan. Perhaps you ought to take a short course in etiquette.

I haven't forgotten your no show a couple of years ago, (those *free*
logs remember?) waited in all day with...
Old February 5th 09, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

magwitch wrote:
Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , magwitch wrote:
Yeah but if he can't read... see what I'm getting (doggedly) at?

Have you considered a reading test? (And no, not for Colin.)

Careful Alan. Perhaps you ought to take a short course in etiquette.

I haven't forgotten your no show a couple of years ago, (those *free*
logs remember?) waited in all day with...

cat hit the send key :-/ increasing irritation on some people's
appalling manners these days.