Old September 29th 03, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travel into central London from ....

.... Stanstead airport.

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on a
Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

TIA ... John

PS: First post here so greetings to you all from Northern Ireland.

Old September 29th 03, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on a
Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

Some more!

On the Friday I'm arriving I'll be using public transport quite a bit. From
East Dulwich as far North as the Ally Pally and lots of places in between.
So I think I'll be needing an all zone travel card. How much is an adult and
a child travel card?

Also I'll be leaving the Ally Pally about 11pm on Friday evening. Whats the
public transport like at that time with regards to returning to East
Dulwich?

So many questions!

Thanks ... John

Old September 29th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message
... Stanstead airport.

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on a
Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

TIA ... John

PS: First post here so greetings to you all from Northern Ireland.

Bus is the obvious suggestion. Have a look at:

http://www.baa.com/doc/b7f2e04571b96...a3fd_main.html

The A6 bus (National Express) seems to be the one you want.

Colin

Old September 29th 03, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:27:27 +0100 "Tullyhubbert"
said...

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on a
Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

Probably the coach would be the cheapest option. See:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/p.cfm?n=pai-std

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old September 29th 03, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin" typed

The A6 bus (National Express) seems to be the one you want.

Yup. The A6 is slow but reliable, cheap and runs through the night
between Stansted and Victoria.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old September 29th 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on

Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices

are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

Some more!

On the Friday I'm arriving I'll be using public transport quite a bit. From
East Dulwich as far North as the Ally Pally and lots of places in between.
So I think I'll be needing an all zone travel card. How much is an adult

and
a child travel card?

Alexandra Palace is in Zone 3 and East Dulwich is in Zone 2 so you probably
won't need an all zone travelcard. You can get a family travelcard for zones
1-4 for £3 adult and 80p child.

Also I'll be leaving the Ally Pally about 11pm on Friday evening. Whats the
public transport like at that time with regards to returning to East
Dulwich?

The last train to East Dulwich leaves London Bridge at 2349. In order to
catch that you would need to be on the 2255 from Alexandra Palace and then
catch the Northern Line from King's Cross to London Bridge.

Peter Smyth

Old September 29th 03, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

Alexandra Palace is in Zone 3 and East Dulwich is in Zone 2 so you

probably
won't need an all zone travelcard. You can get a family travelcard for

zones
1-4 for £3 adult and 80p child.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats an all day travel card for zones 1-4 for £3 adult and 80p child? We
are two adult males and a child heading for a sporting event in the Ally
Pally (Ice-hockey) Do we qualify for a family travelcard ok?

Seems cheap to me, last time I was in London I think an adult card was £4.10
(approx)

Ta. john

Old September 29th 03, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

Alexandra Palace is in Zone 3 and East Dulwich is in Zone 2 so you

probably
won't need an all zone travelcard. You can get a family travelcard for

zones
1-4 for £3 adult and 80p child.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats an all day travel card for zones 1-4 for £3 adult and 80p child? We
are two adult males and a child heading for a sporting event in the Ally
Pally (Ice-hockey) Do we qualify for a family travelcard ok?

Yes, it doesn't matter if you are related or not. The only condition is that
you must travel together at all times.

Peter Smyth

Old September 29th 03, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:34:14 +0100, "Tullyhubbert"
wrote:

[snip]

We are two adult males and a child heading for a sporting event in the Ally
Pally (Ice-hockey) Do we qualify for a family travelcard ok?

[snip]

As long as you travel together then you will be able to buy and use a
family travelcard.

They are for off-peak travel which is after 9.30am Mon - Fri. All day
Sat, Sun and public holidays.

--
Michelle Lee (U.K)
Old September 29th 03, 11:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

On the Friday I'm arriving I'll be using public transport quite a bit.

From
East Dulwich as far North as the Ally Pally and lots of places in between.
So I think I'll be needing an all zone travel card. How much is an adult

and
a child travel card?

Also I'll be leaving the Ally Pally about 11pm on Friday evening. Whats

the
public transport like at that time with regards to returning to East
Dulwich?

Sounds like your best bet is to get one-day Travelcards from Stansted. That
will cover your journey to London and all the travelling around that
evening, on National Rail, London Underground and buses. There may be a
family ticket available. Try the TfL travel planner for that last trip. It
might just be OK, or it might involve night buses.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org