Old September 30th 03, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travel into central London from ....

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message
... Stanstead airport.

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on a
Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

TIA ... John

PS: First post here so greetings to you all from Northern Ireland.

I live in Epsom, and in the evenings i see branded Epsom Coaches returning
to base. The branding is advertising Stansted to London Victoria for £5, i
do not know how to go about purchasing the tickets however, or how much it
costs.

Phil K

Old September 30th 03, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:27:27 +0100 "Tullyhubbert"
said...

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on

Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices

are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

Probably the coach would be the cheapest option. See:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/p.cfm?n=pai-std

Watch out for roadworks and delays. I missed a flight despite allowing
twice the timetabled time for the journey!

Old September 30th 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Terry Harper" wrote in message

Sounds like your best bet is to get one-day Travelcards from Stansted.

That
will cover your journey to London and all the travelling around that
evening, on National Rail, London Underground and buses. There may be a
family ticket available. Try the TfL travel planner for that last trip. It
might just be OK, or it might involve night buses.

That sounds the business Terry. Can I find details of such online anywhere?
Finally what is the TfL travel planner and can I find it (whatever it is)
online anywhere?

Ta ... John

Old October 1st 03, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/index.htm
--
Paul C

Old October 7th 03, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Start at www.tfl.gov.uk follow the links and be prepared to explore

Old October 7th 03, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message
"Terry Harper" wrote in message

Sounds like your best bet is to get one-day Travelcards from Stansted.

That
will cover your journey to London and all the travelling around that
evening, on National Rail, London Underground and buses. There may be a
family ticket available. Try the TfL travel planner for that last trip.

It
might just be OK, or it might involve night buses.

That sounds the business Terry. Can I find details of such online

anywhere?
Finally what is the TfL travel planner and can I find it (whatever it is)
online anywhere?

Someone else has given you the link to TfL.

To buy one day Travelcards, you walk up to the ticket office at Stansted and
say "two and a half one-day Travelcards, please" and they will magically
appear. You can pay with Visa or Mastercard, or even AMEX. They will work
all the ticket gates on the Underground as well as that at Liverpool Street
going out of the platform. on arrival.On a bus, you just show them to the
driver. You could also go back to Stansted if you wished, that evening, but
obviously you don't.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Old October 8th 03, 06:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Terry Harper
writes
To buy one day Travelcards, you walk up to the ticket office at Stansted and
say "two and a half one-day Travelcards, please" and they will magically
appear.

After you've found all the machines out of order, or not taking cards,
and you've waited in a long queue watching your train depart.
Old October 8th 03, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , Terry Harper
writes
To buy one day Travelcards, you walk up to the ticket office at Stansted

and
say "two and a half one-day Travelcards, please" and they will magically
appear.

After you've found all the machines out of order, or not taking cards,
and you've waited in a long queue watching your train depart.

That's why I told him to go to the ticket office.

Old October 8th 03, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Terry Harper
writes
After you've found all the machines out of order, or not taking cards,
and you've waited in a long queue watching your train depart.

That's why I told him to go to the ticket office.

It's the ticket office that has the long queue :-(

Every time I've had to use it, anyway.
Old October 8th 03, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , Terry Harper
writes
After you've found all the machines out of order, or not taking cards,
and you've waited in a long queue watching your train depart.

That's why I told him to go to the ticket office.

It's the ticket office that has the long queue :-(

Every time I've had to use it, anyway.

Buy it on the train!