Old October 9th 03, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

"Robin" wrote in message
om...

FWIW on both occasions the ticket seller has not actually checked that
my oyster covers the zones I have told them it does. I guess in theory
i could tell them it is z1-5.

You could, but what if a revenue control inspector armed with a hand held
checker grabs you between zone 3 and 5? Oer missus, sounds painful!

Old October 10th 03, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:23:03 +0100, David Walters
wrote:

[1] Those listed in the Conditions of Carriage notes section B.

This got me reading the TfL Conditions of Carrirage and I noticed -

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/nftt_bus_saver.shtml#2
"It is a book of 6 single bus tickets, which can be bought in advance,
for travel on buses, including N-prefixed Night buses, across the
entire London bus network."

But at http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about/COC.pdf at page 10 -
"Ticket Bus single Saver 6
You cannot use it on N-prefixed Night Buses or special bus services."

Which is right?

Cheers,

Jason.
Old October 10th 03, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Jason Hobbs
King writes

This got me reading the TfL Conditions of Carrirage and I noticed -

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/nftt_bus_saver.shtml#2
"It is a book of 6 single bus tickets, which can be bought in advance,
for travel on buses, including N-prefixed Night buses, across the
entire London bus network."

But at http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about/COC.pdf at page 10 -
"Ticket Bus single Saver 6
You cannot use it on N-prefixed Night Buses or special bus services."

That document is dated 2000. Things have changed since then.

Which is right?

The first source you quoted. Savers have been valid on night buses ever
since night-bus fares were made the same as their day-time equivalents.
All the night-bus maps make this clear:

Night bus fares are now the same as day fares
* Adult Savers are valid on Night buses and work
out at 65p per journey

--
Paul Terry
Old October 10th 03, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:01:43 +0100, David Walters
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:42:35 +0100, Jason Hobbs King wrote:
Places like Finsbury Park with no barriers will be fun! I assume
scanners will be put in place, but many will be needed.

Finsbury Park has had validators for months.

How many validators are there? Will there be enough for the volumne of
passenger traffic that F.P. sees?

Cheers,

Jason.
Old October 10th 03, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:42:35 +0100, Jason Hobbs King wrote:
Places like Finsbury Park with no barriers will be fun! I assume
scanners will be put in place, but many will be needed.

Finsbury Park has had validators for months.

How many validators are there? Will there be enough for the
volumne of passenger traffic that F.P. sees?

There are two at the Wells Terrace exit, one for each side of the
barrier going down the middle of the access tunnel. Presumably they
will be enough for the volume of traffic because I'd guess that only a
small proportion of people will be using PAYG and will therefore need
to validate their tickets.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.

Old October 10th 03, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:59:24 +0100, "Steve Naïve"
wrote:

David Walters wrote in
:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:59:14 +0100, Robin Mayes
wrote:
I just hope
they iron out the "issues" that are already in evidence before PAYG
is introduced though.

What issues are those?

For example, as someone just pointed out, that apparently you will be
charged 'full price' (possibly a full zone 1-6 travelcard) if your journey
appears to be incomplete. That is if the scanners aren't working, or if
the gates are open at the destination

Bzzt!

If the gates are open at the destination, all you have to do is
present your Oyster Card to the RTD (target) on the gate as normal.

Tube staff are under instructions _not_ to power gates down.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old October 10th 03, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:41:58 +0100, Robert Woolley wrote:
If the gates are open at the destination, all you have to do is
present your Oyster Card to the RTD (target) on the gate as normal.

Tube staff are under instructions _not_ to power gates down.

Gates off isn't what I intend to encounter, just gates which are
at red in both directions :-(

David
Old October 10th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:59:50 +0100, David Walters
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:41:58 +0100, Robert Woolley wrote:
If the gates are open at the destination, all you have to do is
present your Oyster Card to the RTD (target) on the gate as normal.

Tube staff are under instructions _not_ to power gates down.

Gates off isn't what I intend to encounter, just gates which are
at red in both directions :-(

David

The display on top might be red, but you'll find that the RTD will be
showing yellow.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old October 10th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:41:58 +0100, Robert Woolley wrote:
If the gates are open at the destination, all you have to do is
present your Oyster Card to the RTD (target) on the gate as normal.

Tube staff are under instructions _not_ to power gates down.

Gates off isn't what I intend to encounter, just gates which are
at red in both directions :-(

The display on top might be red, but you'll find that the RTD will be
showing yellow.

Nope, they were showing red as well.

David
Old October 11th 03, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote:

"Jason Hobbs King" wrote in message
.. .

Or a variation of the "Love is..." series (not leaving litter, moving
down the carriage etc):

"Love is... an oyster"

Cheers,

Groan!

Getting back to the original thread "An oyster help my love-life!"

We were talking about *ZONE* extensions...

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |