Old October 11th 03, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Visiting All Tube Stations

"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message
"Robin May" wrote in message

I seem to remember that the quickest attempt at going round all of the
stations took the best part of a day, and that was without getting off
the train and photographing the inside and outside of every station. So
I'd reckon it'd take you a few days to do it.

One of the various attempts to do all stations in one day (obiously without
getting out and taking photos etc) was described on a website, I read it
linked from this NG about a year ago. Intuitive Google searching doesn't
seem to bring it up :-(

Anyone know the page I'm talking about? What about the
'all-stations-in-one-day' idea, any views on its feasibility? Have an odd
friend who likes setting strange records.

I think you are probably referring to http://www.geofftech.co.uk/

Peter Smyth

Old October 12th 03, 12:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message
I think you are probably referring to http://www.geofftech.co.uk/

Thanks, Peter, useful info. Back to lurking...

:-)

Tom

Old October 13th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Dr. Sunil wrote:
Jonathan Osborne wrote:

You're right; I'd think three days minimum, and that's doing nothing but the
tube and stopping to get lunch/dinner. At least I'd get my money's worth of
an all-day ticket.

Nonsense! What about National Rail, DLR, Tramlink stations

Let's not forget bus stops.

Niklas
--
"IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the time in
computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible to build an
Old October 14th 03, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jon,

everyone here has assumed that you'll be doing it all by tube. Far
quicker for some of the outlying stations (e.g. Metropolitan and Central far
reaches) to just drive to them in turn in a car!

If you them all by train, well it takes 19 hours 20 minutse just to get
round them all!

I would think four or five days would be reasonable if you did them all by
train.

Why not just do a line every weekend for the next 3 months? Much nicer.
Give you time take in the surroundings as well, instead of cramming them all
in.

Geoff.
www.geofftech.co.uk/

"Jonathan Osborne" wrote in message
om...
I've been fascinated with the Underground since my first visit to
London in November 2001.

I want to visit every single station. How long do you think it would
take? I want to get at least one exterior picture, and one interior.
I figure I could do maybe 15 stations an hour if I was really pushing
it; but 10 is probably more practical.

Anyone here have any experience with this? Where would you start?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

J.O.

Old October 15th 03, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Tom Cordiner
writes

http://www.davros.org/rail/bell1999.html

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old October 19th 03, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Geoff Marshall" writes:

If you them all by train, well it takes 19 hours 20 minutse just to get
round them all!

Does that take into account the fact that you can change from
Piccadilly to Metropolitan at Uxbridge, for example, and avoid the
trip back past stations you've already done? There are another couple
of shortcuts like that, some careful planning would be needed to
figure out the quickest route.