Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Masson
Forum: London Transport March 27th 09, 10:24 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By Peter Masson
(Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

"Martin Edwards" wrote

How about Grantham? That would annoy the old bat.

If we'd had a PM in the 1980s who had a positive rather than negative
outlook on railways (and...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 09, 08:57 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Peter Masson
West Anglia Main Line Progress Report - DfT

"plcd1" wrote

Anyone understand why signalling alterations are required for
overnight services?

Presumably bidirectional signalling, to make single line working...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 09, 10:17 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Peter Masson
(Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

wrote

I thought the plans for T6 put it in place of T123 , with a T5A & B
being built first.

I'm not sure of BAA's intended timescales, but 'Heathrow Central' would be...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 09, 06:57 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Peter Masson
Extra Watford Junction - Euston services from May

"Batman55" wrote

It might even have had something to do with me and colleagues freezing our
butts off on stations and squeezing on to rush hour trains to come up with
Forum: London Transport March 21st 09, 03:58 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Masson
Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

wrote

(Liverpool Street) / Moorgate / Barbican / Farringdon / (City)
pedestrian walkway / travolator link.

I'm not sure that the benefits of this would be worthwhile,...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 09, 03:31 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Masson
Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

"Stephen O'Connell" wrote

The best idea i've come up with is to use them to extend the DLR from
Bank to Farringdon. I'm not entirely sure how you get from Farringdon
Forum: London Transport March 17th 09, 09:11 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Masson
Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

wrote

What is going to happen with the FCC Thameslink bays at Moorgate once the
last train leaves, which I understand will be on 20 March.

That's what most of this...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 09, 11:04 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Masson
Thameslink - Metropolitan Junction

"Neil Williams" wrote

I've never quite understood the point of having both Cannon St and
Monument - they're so close together.

Cannon Street for interchange...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 09, 12:38 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Masson
Thameslink - Metropolitan Junction

wrote

Also when from where is the last Thameslink train on the Moorgate Branch
due
to depart on 22 March?

Last would seem to be 1844 LUT - MOG due 1941 on 20 March,...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 09, 03:33 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Masson
Thameslink - Metropolitan Junction

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Peter Masson wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote

Forum: London Transport March 10th 09, 02:23 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Masson
Thameslink - Metropolitan Junction

"Paul Scott" wrote

Was a grade separated Metropolitan Junction a fall back proposal if four
tracking through Borough Market proved impossible?

IMHO the whole...
Forum: London Transport March 8th 09, 05:57 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Masson
Tower Gateway

Never really used it much in my life, but took a detour to see...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 09, 10:23 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Masson
Thameslink ATO Specification published

wrote in message
Does this mean the end of the driver.

GOO here we come revenge of the Guard...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 09, 11:27 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Masson
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

wrote

I still think the ELLX phase 2 will be
packed full starting at Clapham Junction - the appeal of being able to
just take one train (no exhanges to other trains)...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 09, 08:48 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Masson
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

wrote

My guess is, the planners knew from the get-go that 4tph
just wouldn't cut it - that that's basically a token service, and that
it is going to be jam-packed...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 09, 07:50 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Masson
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

wrote

The DfT has actually announced that an Ealing Broadway Wandsworth
Road rail bus replacement rail replacement service (IYSWIM!) is going
to be part of the new...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 09, 07:42 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Masson
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

"Andy" wrote

I don't think that platform 8 is regularly used by Southeastern
trains. It is accessed by from the Southern gateline and there is a
gate between it and...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 09, 04:36 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Masson
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

"Mizter T" wrote

Any idea when the Lewisham to Victoria via P. Rye services last ran in
the evenings and on Sundays?

I've only looked at Summer timetables, so dates are a...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 09, 03:04 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Masson
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

"Mizter T" wrote

The other issue is probably future lack of trains to and from
Battersea Park from SLL destinations. I think a good number of people
using Battersea Park...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 09, 11:33 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Masson
Monday start for full WCML timetable

"Mizter...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 02:57 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter Masson
Euston Station

"Stephen Furley" wrote in message

On 3/2/09 10:21, in article ,
"Peter
Masson"...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 01:00 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter Masson
Euston Station

"Mr Thant" wrote

There is no case for spare long platforms in case of weekend engineering
works on Thameslink etc either...

If the majority of...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 12:54 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter Masson
Euston Station

"Jamie Thompson" wrote

That said, I do love these newsgroups sometimes. If you have somewhere
to cite all that from, it'd be great to get that on Wikipedia.

The...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 09:21 AM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter Masson
Euston Station

On 2 Feb, 21:35, "Peter Masson" ...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 09, 08:35 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter Masson
Euston Station

"Jamie Thompson" wrote

I still think the ideal situation when they redevelop KX would be to
demolish the suburban shed and the somewhat ugly GN Hotel and build
another...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump