Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anon
Forum: London Transport January 30th 04, 05:58 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Anon
Spam and Viruses

Since I have joined this News Group there has been a massive increase of
Spam and viruses sent to my address. Is there anything I can do to prevent
this or is it a matter of ignoring and...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 04, 06:39 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Anon
Adverse weather affecting tubes

I am not saying you do not need an explanation. What I am saying is that if
staff are to effectively evacuate a station then having to justify this with
every individual before they leave would take...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 04, 12:30 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Anon
Oyster readers turned off

Some gates at East Finchley only work in one direction so there should
always be one validator for way in and way out.
There is also a stand alone validator which works in both directions but it
has...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 04, 12:16 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Anon
Adverse weather effecting tubes

I can not comment about this particular experience but if a member of staff
asks you to leave the station then you should without fuss. Any questions
you have should be addressed when you are...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 04, 01:59 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Anon
Snow and Ice

When it is predicted that there will be a problem with snow and ice then
trains will be run all night to keep the points working. However this is a
conflict of interest as engineering work can not go...
Forum: London Transport January 27th 04, 04:22 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Anon
Oyster readers turned off

I will look into the Totteridge problem. I would of thought that some of the
gates are not reversible so you should always have a way in and a way out.
Not withstanding any faults of course. Gates...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 04, 08:35 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By Anon
Oyster bug

I asked you the questions as you were singing the praises of how long it had
taken to implement and being disparaging about a MP's. attempt to put things
into the public arena.

Usually an outlandish...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 04, 11:57 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By Anon
Oyster bug

If Oyster took so long to implement.

Why was the training of staff so bad. Why is information still being passed
through by word of mouth. Why are there changes to rules still happening.
Why is the...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 04, 04:12 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Anon
Oyster bug

24 just indicates an unresolved journey or money to pay. That is not a bug.
The only bugs so far are the lack of training of staff and uneducated
customers.

If you watch some of the customers at...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 04, 04:16 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Anon
Northern Line Timetable 48

Where did you get this information from

TT48 is due to resume on the Northern Line on Sunday 1 February unless
Forum: London Transport January 19th 04, 06:43 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Anon
Find a name get the answer

West Finchley's PA does work. There are however restrictions in its use as
not to disturb the neighbours.
This does not prevent staff from making announcements at any time but
obviously they should...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 04, 12:09 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Anon
Northern Line worry

I have heard rumours from different sources that the Northern Line services
will remain as they are for a long time. There is no immediate plan to allow
via Bank services from the High Barnet branch....
Forum: London Transport January 16th 04, 12:05 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Anon
being let through barriers with an Oyster, a couple of Qs

You have always had to have your ticket ready for inspection even at
stations without barriers or staff. This is of course silly when most of the
time it is not required. This has meant the publicity...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 04, 11:50 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Anon
My Oystercard works! Training Issues

Staff training on oyster pre-pay was done a few months ago. Since then the
rules have changed and also the menu's on the machines. This plus the fare
revision plus holidays has meant there is a...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 04, 11:42 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Anon
Maximum value on Oyster Pre-Pay

The maximum is £90 but the ticket machine can only process up to £50 in one
transaction. So just do it twice.

Forum: London Transport January 14th 04, 01:21 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Anon
Negative balance Oyster on buses

I phoned the oyster helpline and yes you will have a problem with the
negative balance. You will have to rely on the Bus Driver using common
sense.
I was told a member of staff tried to use thier...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 04, 11:22 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Anon
Find a name get the answer

I posted the information not so people could complain as much as get
information from the ones who know. Hence asking to be polite and concise.
To say you should put everyone to the press department...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 04, 12:48 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Anon
Negative balance Oyster on buses

You may be right. There are a lot of potential problems with a negative
balance. It is important to be polite to the staff as they are as lost as
you. If you keep hold of your reciept(record card)...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 04, 01:09 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Anon
Why is High Barnet in Zone 4 and 5

Bus zones only went from 1-4 so you would also find the same situation at
Edgware. Now there is no such thing as zones on buses.
Forum: London Transport January 11th 04, 12:51 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Anon
Find a name get the answer

Large amounts of employees in Tfl including underground management have
e.mail access. The formula is simple:

For example

Find the name...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 04, 11:55 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Anon
Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent?

I phoned the helpline yesterday(Saturday) at 17.00 and was only second in
the queue. However when I spoke to someone I was informed that there
information is 24 hours out of date so of no use to me....
Forum: London Transport January 9th 04, 12:45 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Anon
Fare Dodging Consequences

The question you should ask is what will happen to the extra revenue that
you and all the other fare dodgers will be providing.

"City Worker" wrote in...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump