Old January 28th 04, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Adverse weather effecting tubes

Hi,

I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

Andy

Old January 28th 04, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Adverse weather affecting tubes

"Andy Coleman" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

I'd be surprised if there was any. There's none out here in Aylesbury.

Old January 28th 04, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" typed

"Andy Coleman" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

I'd be surprised if there was any. There's none out here in Aylesbury.

Burnt Oak has had a *light* dusting. I live within a mile of Queensbury
tube staion but understand (from an email from TfL) the Jubilee Line had
no service between Wembley Park & Stanmore "due to adverse weather
conditions".

Pathetic!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 28th 04, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Jack Taylor wrote:
"Andy Coleman" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

I'd be surprised if there was any. There's none out here in Aylesbury.

LU say that there are no Met trains to Chesham or Watford and severe delays
to Amersham, also delays on the Piccadilly, all caused by "adverse
weather". Can't they cope with a normal winter's day, or are conditions
really bad?
--
Richard J.

Old January 28th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Andy
Coleman writes
I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

There was certainly snow falling heavily in Essex this morning as I
drove to work.
I was most interested in LBC's 13.00 news item which said that tube
bosses admitted they were unprepared for the bad weather and no trains
at all ran on the underground during the morning peak.
I can't tell you how pleased I was to be reassured that it was only a
bad dream ;-)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 28th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." typed

I'd be surprised if there was any. There's none out here in Aylesbury.

LU say that there are no Met trains to Chesham or Watford and severe delays
to Amersham, also delays on the Piccadilly, all caused by "adverse
weather". Can't they cope with a normal winter's day, or are conditions
really bad?

They're really not too bad round here.

No, they can't cope with a normal winter's day.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 28th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

I'd be surprised if there was any. There's none out here in Aylesbury.

There is now! There's loads. I was off today and there was some just before
11am and some when I got up.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old January 28th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Faringdon station closed tonight at around 6:30 due to 'safety' reasons,
it was hard to hear this over the speakers but it seems this was because
there was some snow on the end of the platforms, trains were non-
stopping,

Very rude station staff trying to get people,of the platforms including
threating to call the police to remove disgruntled passengers and
physically pushing people (who as usual were give no proper explanation)

Dave...

(Boltar) wrote in
m:

(Andy Coleman) wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

A couple of flakes probably blew across the line which this being
britain of course means that trains immediately break down, points
freeze, rails break and so forth. God help this country if we ever
really get severe weather like they have in scandinavia or central &
eastern europe. God knows what we'd do.

B2003