Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris J Dixon
Forum: London Transport November 25th 19, 08:13 AM
Replies: 159
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Jobsworth driver

Bevan Price wrote:

In the past you would have got the rough end of the conductor's tongue
if the bus wasn't a decent distance away from the...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 19, 08:40 AM
Replies: 93
Posted By Chris J Dixon
When the software meets the hardware

wrote:

Perhaps install more toilets in stations and get rid of them on trains
altogether. We're a small island, there are no journeys really long enough to
make...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 19, 05:13 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Chris J Dixon
When the software meets the hardware

wrote:

Why does it need even that? A purely mechanical flush would work fine. Its
not as if the train is doing barrel rolls.

I wish you luck in trying to find...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 19, 07:11 AM
Replies: 93
Posted By Chris J Dixon
When the software meets the hardware

Christopher A. Lee wrote:

On 23 Jan 2019 01:09:17 GMT, Marland

On 21/01/2019 12:23, ...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 17, 02:54 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Chris J Dixon
BA IT collapse -- what effect on ttains?

Recliner wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Graeme Wall

So what's over at...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 17, 08:14 AM
Replies: 122
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Network Rail "incorrectly designed" the Gospel Oak - Barking improvements

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

You mean the failure to apply for a derogation?

I never got round to posting my observations on the other thread, so I'll
do it here.

The changes to the permitted...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 16, 11:17 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Waterloo pl 20-24 building pictures

Basil Jet wrote:

On 2016\12\13 08:11, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

Never hurst to have a failsafe :)

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 16, 07:11 AM
Replies: 18

Tim Watts wrote:

Never hurst to have a failsafe :)

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 16, 10:33 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Inspector Sands and his pals

Recliner wrote:

I think we all know what an Inspector Sands call means, though I never knew
where his name came from. This article told me, and some of the other coded
PA messages on stations,...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 15, 08:03 AM
Replies: 85
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Inclined lift at Greenford Station replaces the last wooden escalator

Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxScXvX1Dv4

I'm a little surprised that they claim it uses less power than a
conventional lift. If you have to raise a given mass through a
given...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 15, 08:08 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Rail upgrades delayed

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Chris J Dixon wrote:

MML and TPE electrification is "paused" until such time as Sir Peter
Hendy reviews the schemes and presents his...
Forum: London Transport July 13th 15, 04:02 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Rail upgrades delayed

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

MML and TPE electrification is "paused" until such time as Sir Peter
Hendy reviews the schemes and presents his recommendations to the SoS
and then...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 15, 08:25 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Chris J Dixon
London Tubes: Unexpected locations of underground trains

Recliner wrote:

Chris J Dixon wrote:

How about this then:

Bombardier test track at Derby.

Yes, you're right, I'd forgotten that one. Incidentally, that link...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 15, 10:08 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Chris J Dixon
London Tubes: Unexpected locations of underground trains

Recliner wrote:

I think it's the only section of track, anywhere, with both fourth rail and
overhead electrification. I think that it's currently being used for both S
stock and IEP testing. Old...
Forum: London Transport December 9th 14, 11:59 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Crossrail tunnel pictures

Graeme Wall wrote:

On 09/12/2014 10:51, Recliner wrote:
In article
Forum: London Transport October 4th 11, 06:28 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Alarming scenes at Clapham

Neil Williams wrote:

It would seem that Clapham Junction has the rather annoying type of
sounder which is painful to the ear, presumably to ensure people
*actually do* evacuate rather than...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 05, 07:40 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Chris J Dixon
SET 376 - A big disappointment

The InterCity wrote:

I can understand your point concerning a claustrophobic atmosphere when
being seated: the seat backs are indeed high. However, when standing in
the vestibule area and walking...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 04, 04:38 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Suing for frivolous parking ticket

Keith J Chesworth wrote:

Not just London.

Had the a similar problem at Luton Station the other day.

Got a ticket from the pea brain attendant there and had to fight it.

Won though
Forum: London Transport September 24th 04, 02:01 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Technology for its own sake?

Tim wrote:

Sorry for being think - what does SDO stand for?

Selective Door Opening

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 04, 07:57 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Technology for its own sake?

John Rowland wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 04, 07:56 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Wrong kind of pressure

Richard wrote:

Has anyone got to the bottom of this weird story? Apparently it was on
Forum: London Transport April 20th 04, 10:55 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Modern DC EMUs

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Are the driving motor cars of modern DC EMUs such...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 04, 07:01 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris J Dixon
Modern DC EMUs

Boltar wrote:

(Dominic) wrote in message ...
Are the driving motor cars of modern DC EMUs such as Networkers,
Junipers,...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump