Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Piccadilly Pilot
Forum: London Transport July 1st 04, 12:50 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
RMT vs. ASLEF

"PhilD" wrote in message
David Boothroyd wrote in...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 04, 07:26 AM
Replies: 96
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas

In article , Adrian
Forum: London Transport June 29th 04, 07:33 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Soviet military jeep for your collection

Adrian wrote:
John Rowland ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

Nah, what you need is...
Forum: London Transport June 28th 04, 07:20 AM
Replies: 96
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas

Robin Cox wrote:
This is not a change in design policy. There have been several...
Forum: London Transport June 27th 04, 09:11 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Picc derailment at Hammersmith

M J Forbes wrote:
In fact, it's normal to change the destination at (or just after
departing from) Hatton Cross, so that people waiting at T4 and
wishing to get into town don't get confused...
Forum: London Transport June 27th 04, 01:54 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Picc derailment at Hammersmith

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , M J Forbes
writes
Where does an westbound Heathrow train become eastbound? T4 ot...
Forum: London Transport June 26th 04, 10:21 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Picc derailment at Hammersmith

"Clive Page" wrote in message
In article , Spyke
writes
According...
Forum: London Transport June 25th 04, 05:58 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross

Mark wrote:
Sorry forgot to say but I'll not be carrying any luggage just a small
bag and I will be on my own. I've got no issues with any stairs etc.

In which case ... ermmm situation(?) the...
Forum: London Transport June 24th 04, 07:44 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross

Mark wrote:
What's the best/quickest/safest route to get from Liverpool Street to
Hatton Cross on the tube on a Sunday morning about at 11.

Mark

If carrying luggage etc, Circle Line to any...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 04, 12:14 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
'The Way Out Tube Map'

Dave Arquati wrote:
Piccadilly Pilot wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Dave Arquati...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 04, 06:49 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
'The Way Out Tube Map'

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 09:57 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
'The Way Out Tube Map'

Dave Arquati wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map,
showing the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors...
Forum: London Transport June 11th 04, 07:45 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
parking in putney

stuvee02 wrote:
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 09:48 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Ban Hot food on the tube (was Strike Action)

Andrew P Smith wrote:
In article , Robin Mayes
writes

What would you like? Offical documentation from them stating...
Forum: London Transport May 31st 04, 09:07 AM
Replies: 66
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Bottled water on tube-air con

"Marratxi"

I believe there is a solution, its a bit Heath-Robinson but consists of a
large tanker wagon, filled with water, pulled behind each train. As the
train goes through the tunnel a...
Forum: London Transport May 31st 04, 09:02 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
East Finchley - Why So Large???

So today I travelled on the High Barnet branch of the Northern Line
for the first...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 04, 02:11 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
A cab drove over my testicles !

Pablo Rena wrote:
Ouch!This was painful !

Sounds like a load of ********.
Forum: London Transport May 30th 04, 08:47 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Scope for Changing LU Route Linkings

Forum: London Transport May 29th 04, 09:42 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Bottled water on tube-air con

"John" wrote in message

What is the problem with having a heat pump to suck heat out of a deep
tube platform to a liquid (water?) and then to pump the liquid to the
surface...
Forum: London Transport May 29th 04, 04:12 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Cost of big and small tubes

Richard J. wrote:
Piccadilly Pilot wrote:
James wrote:
It means that a lot of national-running trains have to be diesel.

Or be multi-voltage, as most modern electric trains (at...
Forum: London Transport May 29th 04, 10:00 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Cost of big and small tubes

James wrote:
It means that a lot of national-running trains have to be diesel.

Or be multi-voltage, as most modern electric trains (at least
potentially) are - Electrostar, Desiros,...
Forum: London Transport May 29th 04, 09:47 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Turnround Times on the Underground

Sharon & Gordon Thomson wrote:
What is the minimum scheduled time to be found on LU between arriving
at a terminal point and departing in the opposite direction on the
next journey. At the...
Forum: London Transport May 27th 04, 12:02 AM
Replies: 66
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Bottled water on tube

John Rowland wrote:

there is nothing in law to stop anyone charging
for tap water...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 04, 05:11 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Bottled water on tube

Robin May wrote:

"Martin Underwood" wrote
Is that motivated purely by H&S...
Forum: London Transport May 25th 04, 09:00 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Cost of big and small tubes

Tom Anderson wrote:
I have been told that the cost of making new tube tunnels depends on
their size, with Crossrail-style NR-standard tunnels being more
expensive than classic LU-style tube...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50

Forum Jump