Showing results 1 to 25 of 92
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Piccadilly Pilot
Forum: London Transport May 18th 05, 04:38 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Beeching Report

http://www.beechingreport.info/

Slightly revamped and the second report, "The Development of the Major Trunk
Routes" added.
Forum: London Transport December 11th 04, 12:20 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

TheOneKEA wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

From Monday 10 January a new timetable (TT40) will be in place
for 20 months which means all trains will run direct to Heathrow
123

I wonder...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 05:23 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
The "tube hat" case

Clive Coleman wrote:
In message , Nick Cooper
writes
I should have known _someone_ would say that. You'd be...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 07:36 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

John Rowland wrote:
Benjamin Nunn:
I thought the W&C tunnels were big enough to take regular...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 05:07 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Hmmm.... I thought the W&C tunnels were big enough to take regular
stock... Thought I had vague memories of NSE trains running on the
line before the management went...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 09:12 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, simon wrote:

with the almost certain expansion of Stansted airport, in the long
term, returning the Epping-Ongar route might make sense.

Hang...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 07:03 PM
Replies: 56

"James Looker" wrote in message

Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 06:31 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Buses blocking the road

Philip Mason wrote:
I can confirm I have been on the wrong side of a bus when the driver
decided that he would just pull out. it was on a wide road in London,
where I would have had enough...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 06:27 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

James Looker wrote:

snipped

The preservation society shpuld of got it and Ongar would now have a
tourist attraction like the Bluebell line....

Another stuff up by Labour
Forum: London Transport October 10th 04, 02:10 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
The "tube hat" case

Nick Cooper wrote:

Thanks for proving my point. Again.

How does your sense of humour stand up to constant knocking and slagging
off?
Forum: London Transport October 9th 04, 10:49 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
End of London's Trams

Johnson Family wrote:

snipped

P.S. I apologise for the tone of this post - whilst I mean every word
of it, I might have put it slightly more diplomatically were it not
for half a bottle of...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 04, 05:20 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
ATM Heathrow Term 3 or 123 tube station

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:57:04 on
Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Piccadilly Pilot
remarked:
Is it something to do with the...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 04, 08:57 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
ATM Heathrow Term 3 or 123 tube station

Steve wrote:
In article ,
Wanderingjew698 writes
Are they near the tube station?

There are some to your right as you...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 04, 09:00 PM
Replies: 10

Wanderingjew698 wrote:
Are they near the tube station?

There is a travelator (horizontal escalator) connection between the
terminals and the underground station.
Forum: London Transport October 8th 04, 04:46 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
TOX sentenced

Rich Mallard wrote:
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:32:52 +0100, "John Rowland"
Forum: London Transport October 7th 04, 03:34 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Crystal Palace solution

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Anyone wondering how Tramlink will bridge the vertical...
Forum: London Transport October 5th 04, 06:52 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Crystal Palace solution

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, John Rowland wrote:

Anyone wondering how Tramlink will bridge the vertical gap between
Crystal Palace station and Crystal Palace Parade, might be
Forum: London Transport October 5th 04, 04:53 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Heathrow operating Hours

Neill Wood wrote:
I recently flew from LHR, on the way up...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 04, 11:22 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Obscure dictionary trivia

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

not sure...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 04, 11:17 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Obscure dictionary trivia

John Rowland wrote:

not sure where "accident" finishes and...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 04, 10:54 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Chalk Farm

Zac wrote:
Anyone know why Chalk Farm was closed this morning for emergency
engineering works ?

Have you not answered your own question?
Forum: London Transport September 28th 04, 10:32 AM
Replies: 51
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Ken says yes to Crystal Palace tram extension

David Bradley wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:32:29 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
wrote:

227, London's favourite bus route.
Forum: London Transport September 26th 04, 10:45 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Councillors crush tube depot plans

Phil wrote:
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 04, 07:53 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Technology for its own sake?

John Rowland wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
Forum: London Transport September 14th 04, 07:30 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Piccadilly Pilot
Temilology: 'the tube'

Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

Has anyone an earlier date than 1900 for the use of the expression
Showing results 1 to 25 of 92

Forum Jump