Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: marcb
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 06, 02:37 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By marcb
Why can we never get anything built around here?

wrote:

Hi all,

I'm curious - is there some institutional or legal reason why it's so
hard to get new transport built in London?

The Parisians seem to manage it...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 06, 12:12 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By marcb
British Rail flying saucer plan

stan feldman wrote:

British Rail flying saucer plan

If you see today's guardian you'll note that this story appeared in the
paper in......
Forum: London Transport March 15th 06, 10:24 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By marcb
CONGESTION CHARGE

Paul Terry wrote:

if you pay after 10pm there is a £2 surcharge

Do you know why this was brought in? it seems a bit spiteful to me.

m.
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 06, 12:38 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By marcb
Worst Welcome

John B wrote:

The London approaches on the ECML and WCML aren't too bad. The MML
is slightly worse, but still far superior to the GWML or any of the SR
termini.

This reflects North...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 06, 11:38 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By marcb
Worst Welcome

MaxB wrote:

Yesterday I had occasion to travel to Heathrow and back to Paddington. It
may only be 15 minutes but unfortunately that is far too long to look if you
are looking out of the...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 06, 09:07 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By marcb
Letter to London Buses

John B wrote:

"This is the first time I've *ever* seen a bus obey the box junction rules
at this junction."

On a 73 bendy down Oxford St the other day the driver was doing this all
along to not...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 06, 12:00 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By marcb
oyster pre-pay top up question

"Richard J." wrote:

Jim wrote:
Is it possible to top up a...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 06, 09:17 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By marcb
oyster pre-pay top up question

Is it possible to top up a card without going to a tube station?

m.
Forum: London Transport February 13th 06, 09:41 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By marcb
Pythonesque

Aidan Stanger wrote:

marcb wrote:

Wasn't there a sketch about doing a circumcision or something on the
Circle Line?

I don't know about that, but the...
Forum: London Transport February 1st 06, 12:41 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By marcb
Pythonesque

Wasn't there a sketch about doing a circumcision or something on the
Circle Line?

M.
Forum: London Transport January 11th 06, 11:14 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By marcb
Route 141 and 29

wrote:

I got this email this morning from TfL:

"Although the
timetable reckons it is more frequent than the 76, this doesn't seem to
be the case in reality as far as I...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 11:52 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By marcb
Met line - Watford - Saturday?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

marcb typed

In the end we went North London Line Dalston Kingsland to Willesden
Junction,
then north to Watford High Street....
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 10:18 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By marcb
Met line - Watford - Saturday?

Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III wrote:

marcb wrote:[i]
Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

Yes it does. There's nothing restricted...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 09:29 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By marcb
Bus jam

I expect this has been discussed.before but is TFL going to do anything
about the bus jams in New Oxford Street? Last Friday we all got off a 38
at Holborn - the queue stretched from there to Oxford...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 05, 11:33 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By marcb
Met line - Watford - Saturday?

Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

thx

marc
Forum: London Transport September 12th 05, 09:52 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By marcb
Mobile driving ban

Michael Hopkins wrote:

I seem to remember some reasonably high profile...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 05, 11:04 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By marcb
Don't Use the Tube

Martin Underwood wrote:

The ideal solution

would be to rename Leicester Sq Covent Garden and Covent Garden Ripoff
Central.

M.
Forum: London Transport September 7th 05, 08:25 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By marcb
Victoria Revamp

wrote:

There was much on the news last night about the £500M revamp at
Victoria and the increse in capacity. Surely you can only increase
capacity buy increasing the frequency...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 10:40 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By marcb
Up the Dalston Junction

http://www.dalstonjunction.co.uk/
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 10:14 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By marcb
BBC: Shots fired at Stockwell

Michael Hoffman wrote:

Passengers have been evacuated from a Tube train on the Northern Line at
Stockwell, south London, after hearing what appeared to be shots being
fired.

Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 12:26 PM
Replies: 160
Posted By marcb
More bombs?

"Richard J." wrote:

Simon Lane wrote:
What's happening - news flash on R4 mentioned incidents at a number
of tube stations...

BBC Radio 4 has just reported incidents at Oval, Warren...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 05, 12:33 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By marcb
London buses - noise

The buses (which seem fairly new) on the route that goes past our house
- the 76 - often sound like a turbofan revving for take-off. Did they
skimp on sound insulation with these things - and are...
Forum: London Transport May 20th 05, 10:36 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By marcb
Whay can't we do the same here?

gay merrington wrote:

we here in London
have to pay through the nose by paying for every bus we hop on when other
cities around the world have similar systems around the world are similar to
Forum: London Transport May 16th 05, 04:22 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By marcb
ELL news

I am delighted to inform you that the project continues to advance at
great speed. We have recently appointed a contractor (Parsons
Brinkerhoff) who will be responsible for overseeing delivery of...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 05, 03:33 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By marcb
Undressing Exhibition Road

Brimstone wrote:

Do people in the Dutch town where this has been implemented get mown down?
AIUI, they don't.

If you've been to the Netherlands you'll know their culture is much more
geared...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34

Forum Jump