Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Ray
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 05, 05:17 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By John Ray
Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

Richard J. wrote:

God knows. I've just phoned the number given on the HC website for "up
to the minute information". The person who answered couldn't say what
the problem was, or when the...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 08:39 AM
Replies: 127
Posted By John Ray
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Rich wrote:

BTW, I think you'll find the definition of "road" includes the pavement.

Ah, so that's why so many cyclists seem to think that they are entitled
to ride on the pavement.

--
John...
Forum: London Transport June 13th 05, 07:13 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By John Ray
Improvements to the North London Line

wrote:

He (Ken Livingstone) added: "Simply bidding for the Games has brought
forward a host of transport improvements - with the East London Line
extension, the new £400m...
Forum: London Transport June 5th 05, 04:59 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By John Ray
Action Open Weekend

Joe wrote:

Just a reminder, the LU Museum Depot is open this weekend. Tube
station: Action Town. Celebrating 75 yrs of the Green Line. If you've
never been before, it's a great day...
Forum: London Transport May 17th 05, 07:34 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By John Ray
Adverts at TCR

wrote:

I remember a TV-based advertising scheme on the Piccadilly westbound
(?)platform at Leicester Square, and also at Heathrow T4 platform -
don't think these...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 05, 07:39 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By John Ray
LT Museum Shop

Kat wrote:

where is the LT museum?

Coven Garden Plaza, WC2

Witch plaza?

Excellent!
Forum: London Transport March 27th 05, 03:44 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By John Ray
Oyster Prepay on Thameslink

Barry Salter wrote:

And, for completeness, the current list of stations valid for
cross-London transfer on a through ticket (displaying the "Maltese
Cross" marker, is as follows:

Forum: London Transport March 26th 05, 04:00 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By John Ray
Integrating river services

Richard J. wrote:

To accommodate tides of 7 metres or more, you would need ramps totalling
90 - 100 metres long (to limit maximum gradient to the DfT guideline
maximum of 1 in 12), and...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 05, 06:58 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By John Ray
Ken stole my 80p!

Neil Williams wrote:

It is cheaper to operate a bus service than a train service. In a
place like London, these services will operate regardless of which one
a single given passenger chooses....
Forum: London Transport March 21st 05, 06:49 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By John Ray
For Boltar About The EOR.

Chris Tolley wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:03:48 +0000, Christine. wrote:

Sorry about my ignorance but what is a "Real Man"

Last I heard, it was someone who doesn't eat...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 05, 12:06 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By John Ray
The restoration of St. John's Woo Station

Richard J. wrote:

What an idiotic waste of time and money, it a tube station for
chrissakes.

So?

So that's why the fares are so high?
Forum: London Transport March 7th 05, 09:07 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By John Ray
[London] transport related sights

Tadej Brezina wrote:

Dear NG community!

I (Austrian) will be visiting London from 16th to 20th of march. I'd
like to ask you, what can be recommended as a (public) transport related
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 05, 12:12 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By John Ray
Fantasy bus routes

E. Zackatackali wrote:

It would be extended from East Croydon via George Street, Wellesley Road,
Poplar Walk and London Road to Thornton Heath Pond.

Ah. When you said you would "extend" it, I...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 05, 12:52 PM
Replies: 78
Posted By John Ray
Fantasy bus routes

E. Zackatackali wrote:

If you had the power to add/change/remove bus routes, what would you do?

There would be four changes I would make:

(snip)

3. 197 - Norwood Junction - East...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 05, 02:01 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By John Ray
Abandoned Underground Station books on Ebay

wrote:

By the way to Barry, I think you'll
find that London's Disused Underground Stations by J.E. Connor (Connor
& Butler 1999) paperback edition is long out of...
Forum: London Transport February 14th 05, 06:53 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By John Ray
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Paul Corfield wrote:

Or simply purchase a Mobilis ticket which is their version of a One Day
Travelcard. You get a form of "ID" card which you keep and then simply
buy a magnetic ticket as...
Forum: London Transport February 14th 05, 12:39 AM
Replies: 130
Posted By John Ray
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Mrs Redboots wrote:

Strangely (to me), in Paris, there is in effect a supplement charged for
the buses. One ticket will...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 05, 02:41 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By John Ray
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

Ian Jelf wrote:

Although I have some sympathy with such a system, London is so large and
complex (and busy), that charging a supplement for Underground travel
(which is effectively what...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 05, 01:57 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By John Ray
Red buses

Aidan Stanger wrote:

Is the reduction of validity of Freedom Passes, i.e. beyond the Greater
London boundary, a new thing? Since...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 05, 11:31 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By John Ray
Better to buy Family Travelcard (even if no kids with you)

Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , John Ray wrote:

Well, the escalators do say "Dogs and children under 5 must be...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 05, 11:27 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By John Ray
Red buses

Paul Corfield wrote:

This is the link to a document that answers your questions.

http://www.transportforlondon.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/Freedom.pdf

Thank you, most helpful; it explains why I...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 05, 08:18 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By John Ray
Better to buy Family Travelcard (even if no kids with you)

Niklas Karlsson wrote:

Well, the escalators do say "Dogs and children under 5 must be carried".
Lots of people seem not to bother to carry either, though!

Typical slackness. It's high time...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 05, 08:13 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By John Ray
Red buses

Aidan Stanger wrote:

In practice they're not chucked off, so many do travel to Bluewater for
free even though they're not supposed to! They have to pay to get back,
of course.

Is the...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 05, 11:15 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By John Ray
Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote:

Another ivory tower commentator. I have never known anybody who does
long commutes by choice.

I knew a chap who was recruited to work in our offices in central
London;...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 05, 12:18 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By John Ray
Red buses

Nick wrote:

Arguably, I think the freedom pass is overkill anyway; I would support free
use of local buses to moderately distant locations, trains to central
London, and maybe tube travel in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44

Forum Jump