Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Plumb
Forum: London Transport December 28th 06, 04:16 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Plumb
Photography on LU

heard PA announcements reminding people not to use flash when taking
photos of tube trains, implying that non-flash photos are still fine.

There was a guy in Kings X tube barrier line last wed...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 06, 10:20 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave Plumb
Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

Exactly - this was my point in the intial post. All the staff had to
do at TCR was to extend the portable barrier a bit further.

There used to be a bloke with the temp barriers at Notting Hill...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 06, 01:24 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave Plumb
Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

Which leads me to the question in the thread header: why don't tube
staff enforce the one way systems properly? It's not just at TCR,

Other favourites:
Notting Hill Gate, Central-Circle...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 06, 12:08 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Plumb
"Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

There is still bad congestion at the bottom of the picc/northern
escalators for example, where flows cross each other.

Actually I was in KX the other day and apart from the...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 06, 10:58 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Plumb
Wood Lane & Shepherds Bush Market

I'm also very surprised that Westfield (the developers of
the adjacent retail complex) are not insisting on "White City" since
they are paying for it.

I guess they're going to come up with a...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 06, 10:54 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Plumb
Wood Lane & Shepherds Bush Market

There is no mention of an interchange with White City Central Line
station next door. Has this been dropped? If not, why isn't the new
station to be called "White City"?

Very detailed maps...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 06, 12:13 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Plumb
FCC new stock

and giving them better training and support, would help in this. CCTV
in all cars would be good too (do we already have this?). Another

All the FCC 317's and 313's I've been on recently have...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 06, 12:07 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Plumb
FCC new stock

Funny you should mention it - happened to me this afternoon (1233
from Stevenage wedged). So on getting home, I emailed FCC and about
20 minutes ago (yes, 0030 on a Sunday morning), got the...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 06, 11:56 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Plumb
FCC new stock

I know short units double the fleet maintenence intervals but it
shouldn't be at passenger detriment. Footy demand is easily planned
and addressed but better would be make them all 8's off...

Forum: London Transport November 18th 06, 10:37 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Plumb
FCC new stock

The handful of Class 317s (from 1982) that remain are a
different matter, although the refurbishment exercise that has been
undertaken on them has improved the environment...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 06, 06:32 PM
Replies: 78
Posted By Dave Plumb
Oyster incomplete journeys - further info

Customers carrying a season ticket (say a monthly zones 1-2 ticket)
will be charged for incomplete journeys, but at £1 or £1.50 for
journeys outside of zones, which is the same as at...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 06, 06:47 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Plumb
"Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

I never really understood why we keep left in corridors and right on
escalators. Must confuse the hell out of the tourists.

ISTR reading somewhere that it's because most people are...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 06, 10:37 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Dave Plumb
Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

The press release says that the TOCs will be no better or worse off
under the new system - which must mean the average fare remains the same.

(From the release: "[...] London commuters will...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 06, 12:32 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Plumb
"Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

There is still bad congestion at the bottom of the picc/northern
escalators for example, where flows cross each other.

Yes, I'd forgotten about that one at KX too. I guess so much of it is...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 06, 06:54 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Dave Plumb
Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

I wonder why TravelWatch consider that "complexity is reduced
significantly"? Unless the fares are marketed as zonal, which it
seems they cannot be completely, I'm not sure how the average
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 06, 02:23 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Dave Plumb
Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

It paves the way for Oyster Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) to be implemented across
the whole National Rail network in London (currently Oyster PAYG is only

I'm sure they could have adopted Oyster...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 06, 11:29 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Plumb
"Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

Just a quick note: the "Khyber Pass", the direct connection between
tube and sub-surface lines inside the barriers, is to open tomorrow
(October 8th), according to posters.

Yet again they've...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 08:42 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Plumb
"Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

I was also slightly surprised to see the lack of a dividing rail in the
middle, given that it now accommodates traffic in both directions.

That seems to have gone out of the window lately....
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 08:29 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave Plumb
Gold Card scheme

This rule is so illogical and, quite frankly, ridiculous (in most such
circumstances it makes using the Gold Card far more expensive than

I think it might be to penalise annual ticket holders...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 07:33 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Dave Plumb
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

I meant uniformed security guards (as you say below, they were used by
Wagn between Potters Bar and Stevenage and were totally useless but at
least wore Hi-vis vests with 'SECURITY' written on...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 06, 10:03 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave Plumb
New KXSP sub surface station

The staircases down to platform level seem rather narrow at the moment;
are they putting an escalator in behind the hordings?

I think they are putting another lift in - the whole thing...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 06, 01:19 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Plumb
2005 travelcard prices

"Sam" wrote in :

Does anyone have the price for a

2005 Annual travelcard Zones 1 - 4 ?

Thanks

£1216, from the TFL PDF for 2nd Jan...
Forum: London Transport May 17th 06, 02:13 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Dave Plumb
Hamm & City

I find using the Central & Victoria lines to get from
Shepherd's Bush to UCL (via Warren St) vastly superior to the H&C

Blimey. A trip involving a rush-hour change at Oxford Circus
is...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 06, 04:34 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Dave Plumb
PAYG and Ken on news

But they looked so genuinely surprised they couldn't get through
- almost as though they weren't "acting". Anyone know?

It could have been a setup but may be because TfL staff
passes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62

Forum Jump