Showing results 1 to 25 of 206
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Theo Markettos
Forum: London Transport August 3rd 16, 10:09 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By Theo Markettos
Awful journey planners

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Hmmm... Apparently Google Maps is adding transit delays...

Forum: London Transport November 18th 15, 10:33 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Theo Markettos
Access to Freedom of Information is under threat

John Ray wrote:
Is freedom of information so unimportant to you? What if, for example,
through inaction, we find that sites like realtime trains are unable
to operate in...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 15, 08:58 AM
Replies: 394
Posted By Theo Markettos
TfL Taxi Consultation to "kill" Uber

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:47:31 on Sun, 4 Oct
2015, Neil Williams remarked:

That's no...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 15, 04:59 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Theo Markettos
New Heathrow Express Advance fares

In uk.railway Someone Somewhere wrote:
Great - yet another train service clogged up by people who have the
luxury of planning things in advance.

Does HEx ever get...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 15, 01:08 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Theo Markettos
Chiltern to Paddington

Timetables are fine but if you want to catch the next service to HW and are
travelling from (for example) Trafalgar Square it is difficult to judge how...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 15, 08:59 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Theo Markettos
Best route from Croydon (London) to Heathrow?

John Levine wrote:
3] Tube from Victoria then train from Paddington. This sounds to me the
most circuitous route, but I could be wrong. Possibly the most expensive
too?

Forum: London Transport April 1st 15, 03:47 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By Theo Markettos
Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

David Cantrell wrote:
If you've already spent umpty hundred pounds on getting to London and
accomodation in London, I suggest that worrying about the odd penny here
and...
Forum: London Transport March 31st 15, 03:25 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By Theo Markettos
Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

Mizter T wrote:

In message , at 10:25:09 on Mon,
30 Mar 2015, Theo Markettos...
Forum: London Transport March 30th 15, 09:30 AM
Replies: 140
Posted By Theo Markettos
Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

Scott wrote:
I assume (a) the majority of passengers will not require assistance
and (b) priority will be given to assisting the person at the head of
the queue....
Forum: London Transport March 30th 15, 09:25 AM
Replies: 140
Posted By Theo Markettos
Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

David Jackman pleasereplytogroup wrote:
Clive Page wrote in
:

But in the case of King's Cross, they take some trouble on...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 15, 03:26 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Theo Markettos
Heritage railways near London?

Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
Can you recommend any heritage railways within day trip distance from
London?

I went to the Bluebell Railway last year, and it was a huge...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 15, 03:04 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Theo Markettos
Woolwich Ferry question

Theo Markettos wrote:
Looks like the pier has been there since 1847.

Some pictures:
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/n/north_woolwich/index122.shtml

Theo
Forum: London Transport March 27th 15, 03:00 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Theo Markettos
Woolwich Ferry question

Recliner wrote:
Incidentally, I notice that, slightly downstream, there's an old, derelict
pier just opposite the old North Woolwich station -- was this used by the
Forum: London Transport February 28th 15, 05:35 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo Markettos
Cycle hire goes red with Santander

Roland Perry wrote:
On second thoughts, I'm going to narrow the definition to things
commissioned by the person. So Boris/Wellington/Belisha/Hadrian count,
but St Paul's...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 15, 06:16 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Theo Markettos
The Fleet Line - Don't Jubilee've It!

Mizter T wrote:
Obviously there was the 30's plan for the southern extension to
Camberwell, thwarted by the war - but were there ever any earlier plans
or intentions to...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 14, 06:16 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Theo Markettos
HEX Ripoff ....

wrote:
In message , "
Forum: London Transport November 4th 14, 12:26 AM
Replies: 132
Posted By Theo Markettos
Transport sights for a London day trip

wrote:
I agree a look at the tram subway ramp would be good. People won't have
seen conduit tram tracks before.

FWIW the tram subway is being used as a...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 14, 02:04 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Theo Markettos
Improving public transport access to London's airports

tim..... wrote:

tim........
Forum: London Transport October 11th 14, 12:45 AM
Replies: 43

tim..... wrote:

"Theo Markettos" wrote in message
[quoted entire message]

IME...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 14, 12:37 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Theo Markettos
Improving public transport access to London's airports

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 00:58:57 on Fri,
10 Oct 2014, Theo Markettos
remarked:
It...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 14, 12:05 AM
Replies: 72
Posted By Theo Markettos
Oyster Card

Mizter T wrote:
Something that can help one out of a 'not enough money on my Oyster' fix
is the new 'one more journey' feature of Oyster (introduced shortly
before buses...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 14, 11:58 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Theo Markettos
Improving public transport access to London's airports

wrote:
London TravelWatch published yesterday a report on improving surface
access to London's airports. It can be found at:-
Forum: London Transport October 8th 14, 07:32 PM
Replies: 72
Posted By Theo Markettos
Oyster Card

Mizter T wrote:
Oyster Ticket Stops are all over the place - I'd be surprised to find a
parade of shops in Greater London that didn't have one. Most shops that
do Oyster...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 14, 09:46 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Theo Markettos
Croxley Link

That it does, but where it might win out is the "lazy journey" option
for those working in the northern parts of the City easily reachable...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 14, 09:36 PM
Replies: 72
Posted By Theo Markettos
Oyster Card

wrote:
I never queue for top-ups because I mainly use Oyster Ticket Stops. But then
I spend well under £20 a year on Oyster. Would anyone visiting 2 or 3 times
Showing results 1 to 25 of 206

Forum Jump