Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael R N Dolbear
Forum: London Transport February 9th 19, 12:08 AM
Replies: 41
DfT favours battery trams

"Bevan Price" wrote

Batteries have a finite life. You can recharge them, but they eventually
deteriorate, hold less charge, and have to be replaced - and they are
not cheap to replace.

Forum: London Transport December 11th 18, 04:28 PM
Replies: 27
Looking forward to when even more transport, and self driving cars, rely on 24x7 data connectivity

"Graeme Wall" wrote

Its pretty useful to know if the next bus is 20 mins away and you could
walk to your destination faster. I've done that on a number of occasions.

I wonder how people...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 18, 10:57 PM
Replies: 23
What went wrong with the new Thameslink timetable

"Anna Noyd-Dryver" wrote in message ...

One thing I hadn't appreciated was how much of the plan depended on GBRf
Forum: London Transport March 29th 18, 06:43 PM
Replies: 4
tube delay refunds

"Guy Gorton" wrote in message

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:41:10 +0100, "tim..."

Not that I'm going to lose sleep...
Forum: London Transport February 8th 18, 11:54 PM
Replies: 11
Haringey Heartlands

Are these new roads always named after councillors? It must be very boring
for that perennial school...
Forum: London Transport January 31st 18, 11:27 PM
Replies: 23
Bus Timetables

"tim..." wrote

And check the relevant council's web site

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-other-transpor
t/bus-timetables

Those sorts of local-authority...
Forum: London Transport January 30th 18, 09:51 PM
Replies: 23
Bus Timetables

In message...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 18, 07:42 PM
Replies: 29
a new bus announcement

"Recliner" wrote

The front doors don't open at every stop. Nor do the rear doors. But if
the front doors didn't open, presumably nobody boarded, and the annoying
announcement won't need to be...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 17, 07:17 PM
Replies: 0
Diverted TfL Buses - info?

On visits to Esher on Wednesday and Thursday this week (6th, 7th December
2017) I noticed that the TfL K3 bus (Esher, Claygate, Kingston, Roehampton
ASDA) appeared to be on Diversion, going down...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 17, 02:41 PM
Replies: 15
Bus services outside of London

"Robin" wrote

On 26/09/2017 23:02, Paul Corfield wrote:

snip

However Stagecoach operate a lot of the services but there is also
First's X1 Excel service (Norwich - Peterborough)...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 17, 02:23 AM
Replies: 59
675 bus route

"Roland Perry" wrote

They are usually open to the public so BSOG can be claimed (typically a
cash fare is paid by a member of the public using one). Whether the
public would want to go...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 17, 08:12 AM
Replies: 90
Tube passengers tracked by phone WiFi

"Graham Murray" wrote in message news:8760cs9wja.fsf@einstein...

Basil Jet writes:

And there are two lines from Embankment to Waterloo.

At one time it would often...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 17, 12:11 AM
Replies: 22
SWT & NR - from deep alliance to deep something else

"Charles Ellson" wrote

[1] For TfL fares their blanket off-peak is *depart* after 9.30, but for
National Rail the senior off-peak is *arrive* after 10am.
==
This isn't a Railcard matter...
Forum: London Transport August 25th 17, 03:46 PM
Replies: 22
SWT & NR - from deep alliance to deep something else

"Roland Perry" wrote

Are the discounts only on Oyster off-peak fares? I think they would
be all the same in that case.

Network cards are strictly "after 10am", whereas the Senior Railcard...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 17, 06:57 PM
Replies: 79
Oyster changes/improvements

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

In message , at 16:29:39
on Tue, 8 Aug 2017, David Cantrell

I was under the...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 17, 09:27 PM
Replies: 17
Plug sockets on buses

I've just travelled on a bus route between Dartford and
Gravesend run by Fastrack on the way out and...
Forum: London Transport May 31st 17, 09:16 PM
Replies: 8
SWT timetable book is no more?

"Graeme Wall" wrote

They were only ever available at main stations for about a week after
the timetable started.

More of them were printed than you might think, however they were...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 17, 11:12 PM
Replies: 313
Woking to Heathrow

"Theo" wrote

Woking-Clapham Junction
Clapham Junction-Feltham
285 bus to LHR

is the most obvious alternative, though somewhat slow.

Guildford-Worcester Park
X26 bus to LHR
Forum: London Transport February 27th 17, 10:21 PM
Replies: 120
Oyster product pickup improvements

"Jarle Hammen Knudsen" wrote

What's changing in 2018?
Oyster will become like Contactless so presumably they have to find a way
deal with railcard discounts in the back office...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 17, 11:20 PM
Replies: 5
Furthest point from a bus stop

"Arthur Figgis" wrote

Does anyone know where is the point in Greater London which is furthest
from:

a) a bus stop with a scheduled service (even only only weekly)
b) any form of scheduled...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 17, 07:11 PM
Replies: 273
Gatwick airport overbridge

wrote

Not what Norway think.

The point is that many of them say "it feels like we are in,
still get to pay, still get to follow orders from Brussels,...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 17, 09:02 PM
Replies: 7
Bank Junction

"Offramp" wrote

How long has Bank Junction been called Bank Junction? I had never heard
the phrase until a few days before the taxi drivers' clagged it up. I had
never heard the phrase, but...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 17, 06:50 PM
Replies: 150
RIP Boris Bus

"Arthur Figgis" wrote

Some are much better than that. I knew what we might call a barrister in
Germany who was German but had spent some time in the...
Forum: London Transport December 25th 16, 09:49 PM
Replies: 33
London Metropolitan line Watford

Colin Rosenstiel wrote

Actually, the Metropolitan Police District did correspond to a set of
pre-1965 local authorities, but they got reorganised in 1965 (within
Greater London) and 1974...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 16, 10:46 PM
Replies: 10
Abellio Surrey to downsize

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:23:04 +0100, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

Press release 02 September...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump